"World's Largest Food Market" Burns Down

4,864 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by doubledog
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like an odd thing to happen

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/watch-fire-breaks-out-worlds-largest-produce-market-paris

Quote:

There are widespread reports that a huge fire broke out at a massive, well-known produce market and hub responsible for supplying much of Paris and its surrounding region with fresh food.

The Rungis market is often described as the largest fresh produce market of its kind in the world. Social media videos are widely circulating which show a huge blaze which appears to be centered on the expansive market which has been in existence for many centuries
flakrat
Tom Doniphon
If one didn't know better, it's nearly like it's intentional
purplehayes
I'm not a vegetarian or anything, but I guess I just didn't realize how flammable fresh vegetables were!
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Another food center destroyed, how coincidental.
The_Waco_Kid
AG
Well, bunch of fresh grilled vegetables all over there now - fire sale, everything must go!
Tom Doniphon
SociallyConditionedAg said:

Another food center destroyed, how coincidental.

pacecar02
purplehayes said:

I'm not a vegetarian or anything, but I guess I just didn't realize how flammable fresh vegetables were!
To think they had stockpiles of them in a city center, what baout the children!

Hey, you ever seen a couch burn? It's pretty crazy.
GAC06
AG
Are we still doing the burning food conspiracy?
Manhattan
Quote:

which has been in existence for many centuries

More like 100s of years of fire code violations. Do like Tokyo and build a Toyosu to replace ancient *****
PA24
AG
French are not known for following fire codes.
titan
S
GAC06 said:

Are we still assuming ridicule of `conspiracy' when malicious Left runs so much of the world today, and its been proven over and over again that the difference between `conspiracy' and the truth seems to be about the passing of two years now, or even just half a year.
Maroon Dawn
AG
The people Manhattan voted for need you to go through another engineered crisis to get you to willingly give up more freedom and money
DrEvazanPhD
Manhattan said:

Quote:

which has been in existence for many centuries

More like 100s of years of fire code violations. Do like Tokyo and build a Toyosu to replace ancient *****

For an electrical engineer, you always see to have talking points
Manhattan
The code book (not in Paris) is literally from the NFPA…
GAC06
AG
When a theory deserves ridicule I will ridicule it.
titan
S

And that's is your right.

But the batting record for it lately is poor. The `food burning' is an overly specific claim. It is part of a larger notion that has more support, that there is a movement to weaken infrastructure and global food supply. That seems to be demonstrated in various global political initiatives.
annie88
AG
Where is Bill Gates?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
GAC06 said:

And yet oddly it's YOUR theories that always deserve ridicule.

How many have we seen in the past 18 months that have turned out to be true. And you were on the wrong side of every single one of them. You might want to sit this one out, buddy.
Manhattan
annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

How many have we seen in the past 18 months that have turned out to be true

None?
annie88
AG
Manhattan said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

How many have we seen in the past 18 months that have turned out to be true

None?
Almost everyone of them regarding Covid. As well as Biden and what Trump said he would do. But you go live in your own little world of denial.
techno-ag
AG
First they burned down Notre Dame. Now Le Farmers' Market. Them French!
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
UTExan
Seems like a lot of fires at food production facilities:

" Although no data is kept on fires that occur strictly at food processing facilities, the National Fire Incident Reporting System tracks fires within broader categories like manufacturing, refrigerated storage, and agricultural facilities. In 2019, the number of fires at all manufacturing or processing plants in the country topped 5,300nearly 15 a day. Additionally, more than 2,000 fires occurred in agricultural, grain and livestock, and refrigerated storage facilities, which could all include food processing operations."

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications-and-media/NFPA-Journal/2022/Summer-2022/News-and-Analysis/Dispatches/Food-Processing-Fires
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
GAC06
AG
annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

How many have we seen in the past 18 months that have turned out to be true. And you were on the wrong side of every single one of them. You might want to sit this one out, buddy.

Which of my theories? What theories have I pitched here? Surely you have some in mind, right?

You might want to do some research buddy.
eric76
AG
UTExan said:

Additionally, more than 2,000 fires occurred in agricultural, grain and livestock, and refrigerated storage facilities, which could all include food processing operations."
Does that include things like grass fires and hay bale fires?

How about fires in wheat stubble and crops? From time to time, someone's combine burns up when it is parked in the stubble instead of being moved onto plowed ground.
ABATTBQ11
AG
UTExan said:

Seems like a lot of fires at food production facilities:

" Although no data is kept on fires that occur strictly at food processing facilities, the National Fire Incident Reporting System tracks fires within broader categories like manufacturing, refrigerated storage, and agricultural facilities. In 2019, the number of fires at all manufacturing or processing plants in the country topped 5,300nearly 15 a day. Additionally, more than 2,000 fires occurred in agricultural, grain and livestock, and refrigerated storage facilities, which could all include food processing operations."

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications-and-media/NFPA-Journal/2022/Summer-2022/News-and-Analysis/Dispatches/Food-Processing-Fires

There are 500,000 structure fires in the US each year. These places are all high risk because they're working heavily large quantities of chemicals, natural gas, pressurized vessels, etc. It should not be shocking that they experience what send like a high number of fires.

There's about 50,000 food distribution and manufacturing facilities in the US, and those stats are for fires of all types and sizes. If someone has a grease fire in an industrial oven and it's put out, it makes the list just like a facility burning down as a total loss. For 1 in 10 to have a fire of some kind in any given year, meaning they all should average about 1 per decade, that seems... completely ordinary.
GAC06
AG
annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

Am I not going to get to hear about all the theories I pitched here?
annie88
AG
GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

Which of my theories? What theories have I pitched here? Surely you have some in mind, right?

We've been talking about them ON THIS SITE for years.

Gas, illegals, pipeline, stock market, mandates, blm/antifa terrorism, etc. Pick one, lazy ass.
TheEternalPessimist
ThIs StUfF jUsT iS cOiNcIdEnCe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
GAC06
AG
annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

Gas, illegals, pipeline, stock market, mandates, blm/antifa terrorism, etc. Pick one, lazy ass.

So which were my theories and which were wrong. None?

It's ok to admit you just made something up because you wanted to "get" someone on the internet.
annie88
AG
GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

It's ok to admit you just made something up because you wanted to "get" someone on the internet.
Every ****ing bad thing that has happened since president poopy pants has been in office has turned this country to ***** And Trump said every single bit of it was going to happen. Quit being so ******* obtuse.

I listed them above and that's only a few of them but of course you don't wanna face the truth.
GAC06
AG
You said:

"And yet oddly it's YOUR theories that always deserve ridicule"

You can't produce a single example. Not one.

Because there isn't one.

This is especially strange because we likely are on the same "side" on almost every issue except the most harebrained conspiracies like the one featured in this thread.

I'll accept an apology for your lie if you "wanna face the truth"
aggiebq03+
GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

Just gonna leave this here…

GAC06 said:

The vaccines are effective against all known variants

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3180287/replies/58664335
Robert L. Peters
aggiebq03+ said:

GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

annie88 said:

GAC06 said:

Just gonna leave this here…

GAC06 said:

The vaccines are effective against all known variants

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3180287/replies/58664335

Lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Der vazzines werk
OverSeas AG
AG
GAC06 said:

You remind me of a joke i heard:

Flood comes. Guy gets on edge of roof. Prays for God to save him.

Boat comes "jump in buddy!" Guy says "no. God will save me". Boat goes on.

Water gets higher. He is on peak of house. Another boat comes buy. "Jump in buddy!" Guy says "No. God will save me." Boat goes on.

Water gets even higher. Man is on top of chimney. Water is to his neck. Helicopter comes by and hoovers "here, let us help you!" Guy says "No, God will save me." Helicopter flies on.

Water gets higher. Guy drowns. He is then before God. He says "God i had faith in you. And you didnt save me". God says "i sent you two boats and a helicopter. What did you want?"

You can miss the obvious if you wish bro, but it will bite you in the ass at some point.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.