Fetterman is REALLY not Well Part III

6,619 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sq 17
Malibu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The man is clearly not well and needs to bow out to focus on his health. This close to election day though, I'm not sure what the mechanism for switching candidates that have already been nominated in their primaries. If the PA Dems are stuck with him on the ballot no matter what, there's 0% chance he's going to drop out. Just roll him out to wave to crowds and kiss babies, get sworn in, resign, and let another stuffed suit cargo shorts and hoodie Dem serve out the term. There's no upside to resigning in that scenario. If there is a mechanism for a last-minute switcheroo, that too is also risky given how close we are to election day.

I think Oz is best strategy right now is to say "Look, politics aside I respect Fetterman (can be insincere) and his noble service to the state of PA. I sincerely wish him the absolute best and full recovery. My campaign donated five figures to stroke research charity. That said, we must honestly ask ourselves if Fetterman can serve out his Senate term and give the great state of Pennsylvania the attention it deserves as a full-time job from the Senator. My medical opinion as a doctor is that such effort is not possible while recovering from some thing as difficult as a stroke. It pains me to make this issue a political issue, and it is a self-serving argument to make that I fully recognize, however it is also a true statement that I am better position to serve as your Senator than my opponent. I hope the voters of the state make the best decision they see fit."
aggiehawg
AG
4stringAg said:

Does that guy only have one hoodie? Every one of these vids I've seen of him he's wearing the same off white hoodie.
This is his official picture as Lt. Governor.

Black

Maroon

Hey! He has a suit!

And two ties!

Rapier108
aggiehawg said:

Fetterman is not the only Dem candidate afraid to debate.

Translation, they know the fix is in and they don't have to do anything.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Hobbs is still running the elections after all.
annie88
AG
But but but. Remember when Trump used a railing on a ramp in the rain and he was deemed mentally unfit?

Funny how that never applies to Democrats.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
What's harder to defeat, stupid or sick?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
B-1 83
AG
Folks on both sides voted for this shishow.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Whirligigs
After the past 2 and half years, I don't understand how every incumbent isn't replaced this election cycle - on both sides of the aisle.

The entire western world is running itself into the ground and the electorate doesn't give a flying ****.
Al Bula
AG
The new blueprint for American politics is to put up a simpering idiot who craps his pants and drools as a candidate, "engineer" the desired elections "results," commie Marxist America haters crowd source the politician's term, then they further erode America-first values and steal from the working middle class.
captkirk
AG
John Vorster
oz will win
sharpdressedman
Rapier108 said:

aggiehawg said:

Fetterman is not the only Dem candidate afraid to debate.

I am inclined to agree. By the end of 2024, "fair election" will very likely be an oxymoron.
aggie93
AG
Try and follow this conversation.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Fetterman is still in it because D's are all in for the Party control. It doesn't matter how crooked, stupid, or impaired (I.e. flawed) the individual candidate is. The only thing that matters is a reliable D vote in Congress to retain party control.
AggieUSMC
AG
I think the refusal to debate might hurt them in the long run. The only reason to not debate is if you are comfortably ahead and it isn't worth the risk of debating. Neither Fetterman, Hobbs, or Kelly are that far ahead in the polls (and Lake is actually ahead in some of them). Yes, Biden won but he also debated. He did horrendously in the debates but so did Trump.
aggie93
AG
AggieUSMC said:

I think the refusal to debate might hurt them in the long run. The only reason to not debate is if you are comfortably ahead and it isn't worth the risk of debating. Neither Fetterman, Hobbs, or Kelly are that far ahead in the polls (and Lake is actually ahead in some of them). Yes, Biden won but he also debated. He did horrendously in the debates but so did Trump.
The lack of debating hurts but amplifying his health issues is really damaging. It's all about the folks in the middle and people don't like the idea of someone who is mentally compromised as their Senator for 6 years. Oz also isn't exactly a controversial figure that scares people, people may not like him but he is pretty easy to hold your nose to vote for unless you are a hardcore Dem.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRADUCTOR
Like a stroke survivor from the cast of Jersey Shore is the Democrat candidate.
aggiehawg
AG
aggie93 said:

Try and follow this conversation.

Looks like he is literally in his basement. Campaign headquarters?
aggiehawg
AG
Hungry Ojos
What did the Oz campaign do to mock this guy's illness, as alleged? It sounds like he is REALLY playing up the victim angle in this.
aggiehawg
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

What did the Oz campaign do to mock this guy's illness, as alleged? It sounds like he is REALLY playing up the victim angle in this.
This.

aggiehawg
AG

Quote:

Fetterman's primary opponents called him out over the incident during a televised debate, questioning his motives and his lackluster explanations for his behavior. Pennsylvania Democrats also expressed concern that the incident could reduce the turnout of African Americans in the upcoming midterm elections. Without significant minority turnout in the cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Democrats are unlikely to prevail in November.
Quote:

"He's not shooting straight on this, no pun intended. Just fess up. Apologize," Michael Nutter, Philadelphia's last Black mayor, told NBC News in April. "All this other stuff that he was the chief law enforcement officer or that he didn't know the guy was Black just doesn't really sound like he wants to tell the truth."

Nutter added, "It's not helping him. Figuratively speaking, he's shooting himself in the foot, and he doesn't have to."

Fetterman went on to win the primary despite the incident, but its potential impact on the minority vote in November is clearly enough of a concern that the incident has barely been mentioned since the primaries.

"If you think Black voters didn't turn out for Hillary Clinton because she called people superpredators but you think that a white guy pulling a shotgun on a Black guy won't have an effect in the context of the post-George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor then you're living in fantasy land," noted Rev. Mark Kelly Tyler, a top Democratic organizer in Philadelphia.

"This story can become a drumbeat almost every day or just result in one good ad that can depress Philadelphia's turnout by 40, 50,000 votes," Tyler added. "That would be enough to lose the election for us."
Quote:

Fetterman has never apologized for the incident. Democrats are clearly afraid that it could harm him in November, yet Dr. Oz hasn't made it a major issue yet. Considering the outrage that followed Ahmaud Arbery's murder, it seems inevitable that Oz will make it one.
Link

sam callahan
Pennsylvanians are such smucks to fall for this trust fund baby being a "regular joe".

Idiots.
aggiehawg
AG

Finally getting some attention.
Burdizzo
AG
Wearing those hoodies kind of makes him look like a Star Trek character

aggiehawg
AG
Dems panicking? Stealing Dr. Oz campaign signs.

D-Fens
FamousAgg
CDUB98 said:

Didn't he have a stroke?

BIGOT!!!! We prefer the term "cerebrovascular accident" over the Androcentrist term "stroke". Listen to the science… /s
Trajan88
AG
So the citizens of PA are willing to vote for Fetterman ... they know / accepting he will not adequately represent in the U.S. senate for 6 years.

Brutal.

It is same with California's Dianne Feinstein. Apparently she's got memory issues these days

Need to go back to the state legislators directly electing U.S. senators.

Hopefully that would put a stop to what's happened / happening / will happen.
will25u
aggiehawg said:

And it was May of 2021, not just a few months ago.
Burdizzo
AG
will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

And it was May of 2021, not just a few months ago.

Local fish wrap will still endorse the Democrat which just reinforces how screwed up the media is in this country.
aggiehawg
AG
Fetterman "wrote" an Op ed. Wants to go after oil companies and meat packing plants. They are the ones causing inflation, apparently. Tend to agree that bringing back manufacturing would be helpful with supply chain issues. How he gets and then continues past that, however. Jail time?

Quote:

The first step of fighting inflation and bringing costs down starts with making more stuff right here in America and bringing jobs home. Because for too long, out-of-touch politicians in Washington have sold out people on factory floors to benefit their friends in corporate boardrooms, passing bad trade deals that have sent thousands of good-paying jobs overseas.

We'll bring back American manufacturing by punishing the companies that ship jobs overseas, strengthening "Buy American" requirements for companies that do business with the federal government, and mandating that companies we buy from make their products right here at home.

And while we're at it, we should crack down on companies that falsely claim their products are made here and punish them for ripping off and misleading the American people.

If we make more stuff here in America, prices won't spike every time there's a problem overseas. We don't need to be outsourcing any more jobs and production to China, while making inflation worse.

But when it comes to bringing costs down for working Pennsylvanians, we can't end there. It's time we crack down on the big, price gouging corporations that are making record profits while jacking up prices for all of us.
Quote:

Take the massive oil companies, for example. Chevron, Exxon, and Shell have seen their profits increase 200% since last year, but they're still charging us sky-high prices for gas. Companies like Tyson posted over a billion dollars in profits last quarter, while raising prices on meat products our families depend on.

It's gross, and deeply unpatriotic, for the big corporations to be rolling around in cash while charging us record high prices for gas and groceries.

We'll crack down on this by prosecuting the executives of these huge corporations, including the big oil companies and meatpacking companies who are artificially driving up prices, gouging consumers at the pump and at the grocery store.
Link
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
He's getting worse, actually.
Hungry Ojos
aggiehawg said:

Fetterman "wrote" an Op ed. Wants to go after oil companies and meat packing plants. They are the ones causing inflation, apparently. Tend to agree that bringing back manufacturing would be helpful with supply chain issues. How he gets and then continues past that, however. Jail time?

Quote:

The first step of fighting inflation and bringing costs down starts with making more stuff right here in America and bringing jobs home. Because for too long, out-of-touch politicians in Washington have sold out people on factory floors to benefit their friends in corporate boardrooms, passing bad trade deals that have sent thousands of good-paying jobs overseas.

We'll bring back American manufacturing by punishing the companies that ship jobs overseas, strengthening "Buy American" requirements for companies that do business with the federal government, and mandating that companies we buy from make their products right here at home.

And while we're at it, we should crack down on companies that falsely claim their products are made here and punish them for ripping off and misleading the American people.

If we make more stuff here in America, prices won't spike every time there's a problem overseas. We don't need to be outsourcing any more jobs and production to China, while making inflation worse.

But when it comes to bringing costs down for working Pennsylvanians, we can't end there. It's time we crack down on the big, price gouging corporations that are making record profits while jacking up prices for all of us.
Quote:

Take the massive oil companies, for example. Chevron, Exxon, and Shell have seen their profits increase 200% since last year, but they're still charging us sky-high prices for gas. Companies like Tyson posted over a billion dollars in profits last quarter, while raising prices on meat products our families depend on.

It's gross, and deeply unpatriotic, for the big corporations to be rolling around in cash while charging us record high prices for gas and groceries.

We'll crack down on this by prosecuting the executives of these huge corporations, including the big oil companies and meatpacking companies who are artificially driving up prices, gouging consumers at the pump and at the grocery store.
Link

An absolute worm with no work experience whatsoever, that dresses like a freaking hobo and has literally lost his capacity to communicate is now openly campaigning on "I'll criminally prosecute capitalism" is more than likely going to be elected to the US Senate.

I mean, what the absolute **** are we doing?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.