TX: Wayne Henley Not Getting Medical Parole

1,445 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Someone just needs to say to him: We get that you shot and killed Dean Corll after he tried to rape, torture and kill you. But you were an active participant in his abductions, torture and murder of other young men. You don't get to leave prison, ever.

Wayne Henley on the right
Quote:

Man convicted in Houston mass murders won't be considered for medical parole, TDCJ says

Henley, now 66, was sentenced to six life sentences in 1979.

Families of his victims recently told KHOU 11 they'd received notifications that his case would be reviewed for possible medical parole.
"He does not deserve to have any compassion for his illness. He showed Stanton and at least 27 other young boys no basic humanity for their lives," the family of Stanton Dreymala said in a statement.

On Monday, we learned the Texas Department of Criminal Justice has decided not to forward his case to the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole for review.

Henley was an accomplice of Dean Corll, known as "The Candyman," and David Owen Brooks. Corll raped, tortured and killed at least 28 boys in Houston and Pasadena, according to investigators, and Henley and Brooks helped.

"The reason they were called the mass murders is because the term serial killer hadn't been coined yet," said Andy Kahan, Director of Victims Services at Crime Stoppers.
Henley is the last (censored) alive of the tree.
Corll and Brooks are in hell.
Henley should ID the final victim before he dies so the family can have closure.

Serial killer, torturer and rapist of young men Dean Corll

The 1970s started with The Manson Family trial. Shortly thereafter Dean Coryll and his crew were discovered in Houston. It took Henley killing Coryll to stop him. Coryll was the #1 mass murderer/serial killer in the US until John Wayne Gacy was caught.

This chapter in Texas history will close soon.
LSB_2002
AG
Not sure where i've been living, but I have never heard this story! WOW
Not a Bot
AG
A case like this was so unheard of that the Houston police had no idea how to handle it. Most of the missing boys were labeled as runaways and their disappearances were barely investigated.

Henley's role was to lure the boys into the house by pretending to befriend them. Coryll would then tie the boys up, torture them for days, then kill them.

Henley killed him only after he was going to kill one of Henley's real friends. It wasn't a case of someone suddenly finding their moral compass.

No doubt Henley was under Coryll's influence and was brainwashed but he's right where he needs to be.
Not a Bot
AG
LSB_2002 said:

This story broke just before the Gacy case. The national media flocked to the Gacy story as he was alive, put on trial, and was giving jailhouse interviews. There's only so much you can report about a dead guy.
TxTarpon
LSB_2002 said:

Yeah
Really nasty, scary stuff that nightmares are made of.
wbt5845
AG
I'd never heard of this case either. What monsters.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

A case like this was so unheard of that the Houston police had no idea how to handle it. Most of the missing boys were labeled as runaways and their disappearances were barely investigated.

Henley's role was to lure the boys into the house by pretending to befriend them. Coryll would then tie the boys up, torture them for days, then kill them.

Henley killed him only after he was going to kill one of Henley's real friends. It wasn't a case of someone suddenly finding their moral compass.

No doubt Henley was under Coryll's influence and was brainwashed but he's right where he needs to be.
It was also self defense. He was also tied down in preparation for torture, and only released in order to assist in torturing a girl. I'm sure he saw that his time was running out if he didn't take matters into his own hands.
TxTarpon
Corll was killed in 1973
Gacy was arrested in 1978

You are right, Gacy eclipsed Corll for the factors you outlined.
A modern example is after 9/11/2001 everyone forgot about the 1993 WTC truck bombing.
Anonymous Source
S
I never heard of Dean Corll being referred to as "The Candyman."
For Houston purposes, I always thought "The Candyman" was Ronald Clark O'Brien, who killed his son with a cyanide-laced Pixie Stick on Halloween, 1974.
Gig 'Em
captkirk
AG
Anonymous Source said:

For Houston purposes, I always thought "The Candyman" was Ronald Clark O'Brien, who killed his son with a cyanide-laced Pixie Stick on Halloween, 1974.
Corll's family made candy and ran a candy store if I remember.

Anonymous Source
S
captkirk said:

Anonymous Source said:

Corll's family made candy and ran a candy store if I remember.

Without looking, I believe you're correct.
Gig 'Em
Ordinary Man
They killed a guy who lived in my neighborhood and went to my high school. The guy disappeared one day and the family never knew what happened to him. I believe it was the 25th anniversary when one of the Houston papers wrote an article about the crime. It mentioned that one of the bodies had never been identified and was still in cold storage. The family decided to check it out since their son's disappearance was around the same time. Sure enough, it was their son, Jeff Kempner.
TxTarpon
BMC said:

They killed a guy who lived in my neighborhood and went to my high school. The guy disappeared one day and the family never knew what happened to him. I believe it was the 25th anniversary when one of the Houston papers wrote an article about the crime. It mentioned that one of the bodies had never been identified and was still in cold storage. The family decided to check it out since their son's disappearance was around the same time. Sure enough, it was their son, Jeff Kempner.
I know we all pray those families find peace.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.