Adultery and marriage

28,484 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Manhattan
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silian Rail said:

dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Silian Rail said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

All of Western Civilization was founded on the back of my church. Like it or not, the values that you hold dear are heavily influenced by Roman and Greek legal and moral philosophy perfected by the Catholic Church.

No doubt there is heavy Christian influence in the law, the Constitution and so forth. But those laws and norms don't need to be backed up by a belief in a supreme being for them to be persuasive. I'm getting a chuckle at you piggy-backing on the Catholic church like you and the church are a successful football franchise
They do need to backed up by a belief in a supreme being to be persuasive, otherwise there's no reason to adhere to them if it's just some 18th century politico's opinion other than "i like this" and people like all sorts of different things.

They need to be backed by belief in a supreme being to be persuasive to you, but there's a whole helluva lot of people who don't need that.

The reason to adhere to them is that such laws and norms are an aggregate of societal opinions on acceptable and expected behavior, and violation of them comes with the threat of societal consequences. No one needs God to tell them killing someone is wrong and you shouldn't do it when no one wants to be killed so everyone agrees that anyone who kills someone else will be punished by everyone else.

Plenty of atheists don't break the law, and, newsflash, it's not because they believe they'll be punished by God.
We're not talking about the reasons why they don't break the law; we're talking about the idea of whether or not breaking the law is bad, and where that comes from. They're likely not breaking the law because they fear temporal punishment, but even if there is no stick, where is the carrot?

Why is it wrong to steal? What if someone doesn't have empathy? Unless objective truth exists, then it isn't wrong to steal, it's merely distasteful and not something you would do.
88+% of Brazilians are Christian. Stealing is wrong based on Christian morals. Yet pick pockets are a HUGE issue for people traveling to Brazil.

Huh.
Your bombshell is that Christians do bad things?
OK, let's try this.

China is largely ashiest. Yet they have morals upon which their laws are built.

Granted - their morals do not align all that well with the morals in the West - but they have them nonetheless. All without religion.
javajaws
AG
Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

We're talking about two different things you keep arguing people can have morals without God, I disagree but will say people can act in a moral matter without a codified belief system. Where the rub is, is why are right sacrosanct, the founders said that the rights were inalienable as they were endowed by the creator. They reference divine providence, you reference people choosing for themself, that's fine, but what gives you the right to override their choice if you have a moral disagreement?
The rights given to me by the constitution and the state I live to make such changes via elections, constitutional amendments, etc.

Unlike some countries, America is not a religious state and is free to deviate from the morality of its founders should its citizens collectively decide too (which they have and will continue to do so as long as our current government and constitution remain in place).
So you have the right because of a political process, understood. All you've gotten back it that slavery was fine as it was the law of the land. You might disagree with it, but if you don't like slavery don't be a slave I guess.
That reply makes 0 sense. Much like your argument. Liberals do that too when you try to force logic into their illogical reasoning.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Silian Rail
dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Silian Rail said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

All of Western Civilization was founded on the back of my church. Like it or not, the values that you hold dear are heavily influenced by Roman and Greek legal and moral philosophy perfected by the Catholic Church.

No doubt there is heavy Christian influence in the law, the Constitution and so forth. But those laws and norms don't need to be backed up by a belief in a supreme being for them to be persuasive. I'm getting a chuckle at you piggy-backing on the Catholic church like you and the church are a successful football franchise
They do need to backed up by a belief in a supreme being to be persuasive, otherwise there's no reason to adhere to them if it's just some 18th century politico's opinion other than "i like this" and people like all sorts of different things.

They need to be backed by belief in a supreme being to be persuasive to you, but there's a whole helluva lot of people who don't need that.

The reason to adhere to them is that such laws and norms are an aggregate of societal opinions on acceptable and expected behavior, and violation of them comes with the threat of societal consequences. No one needs God to tell them killing someone is wrong and you shouldn't do it when no one wants to be killed so everyone agrees that anyone who kills someone else will be punished by everyone else.

Plenty of atheists don't break the law, and, newsflash, it's not because they believe they'll be punished by God.
We're not talking about the reasons why they don't break the law; we're talking about the idea of whether or not breaking the law is bad, and where that comes from. They're likely not breaking the law because they fear temporal punishment, but even if there is no stick, where is the carrot?

Why is it wrong to steal? What if someone doesn't have empathy? Unless objective truth exists, then it isn't wrong to steal, it's merely distasteful and not something you would do.
88+% of Brazilians are Christian. Stealing is wrong based on Christian morals. Yet pick pockets are a HUGE issue for people traveling to Brazil.

Huh.
OK, let's try this.

Granted - their morals do not align all that well with the morals in the West - but they have them nonetheless. All without religion.
Chinese ideology is largely based on Confucianism, which is based on ancient Chinese religions.
Quote:

The founder of Confucianism, Master Kong (K'ung, Confucius, 551-479 B.C.E.) did not intend to found a new religion, but to interpret and revive the unnamed religion of the Zhou (Chou) dynasty, under which many people thought the ancient system of religious rule was bankrupt; why couldn't the gods prevent the social upheavals? The burning issue of the day was: If it is not the ancestral and nature spirits, what then is the basis of a stable, unified, and enduring social order? The dominant view of the day, espoused by Realists and Legalists, was that strict law and statecraft were the bases of sound policy. Confucius, however, believed that the basis lay in Zhou religion, in its rituals (li). He interpreted these not as sacrifices asking for the blessings of the gods, but as ceremonies performed by human agents and embodying the civilized and cultured patterns of behavior developed through generations of human wisdom. They embodied, for him, the ethical core of Chinese society. Moreover, Confucius applied the term "ritual" to actions beyond the formal sacrifices and religious ceremonies to include social rituals: courtesies and accepted standards of behavior -- what we today call social mores. He saw these time-honored and traditional rituals as the basis of human civilization, and he felt that only a civilized society could have a stable, unified, and enduring social order.

BAP Enthusiast
dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Silian Rail said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Huh.

Latin Anerica's religiosity is a facade. There are more Catholic Dioceses in the US alone than in all of Latin America.

Despite everything going on, the US is by far and away the most Christian nation on the planet from a daily prayer and devout standpoint.
Silian Rail
javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

We're talking about two different things you keep arguing people can have morals without God, I disagree but will say people can act in a moral matter without a codified belief system. Where the rub is, is why are right sacrosanct, the founders said that the rights were inalienable as they were endowed by the creator. They reference divine providence, you reference people choosing for themself, that's fine, but what gives you the right to override their choice if you have a moral disagreement?
The rights given to me by the constitution and the state I live to make such changes via elections, constitutional amendments, etc.

Unlike some countries, America is not a religious state and is free to deviate from the morality of its founders should its citizens collectively decide too (which they have and will continue to do so as long as our current government and constitution remain in place).
So you have the right because of a political process, understood. All you've gotten back it that slavery was fine as it was the law of the land. You might disagree with it, but if you don't like slavery don't be a slave I guess.
That reply makes 0 sense. Much like your argument. Liberals do that too when you try to force logic into their illogical reasoning.
There's no illogical reasoning here my friend, I'm asking why slavery was wrong given that it was codified in the Constitution and the law of the land. You said rights were given to you by the constitution and the state you live in.
RyanAg12
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Silian Rail said:

This is hilarious. BAP, myself, Rebel and other posters of our philosophy are Christian married business professionals. I don't know where this "the new right are all incels" bull**** comes from.

It's all they have. They cannot handle married men who are also fathers actually having a solid foundation of morals. It breaks their brains.
Dude, this is the issue. I'm married with kids, my family is the most important part of my life, and am fully capable of living life with my established morality.

The difference between you and me is that you're closed-minded and unwilling to accept that people have different spirituality than you do. People who don't fit the Christian "norm" are just as capable (oftentimes more, imo) of living a life of values and morals than people claiming to follow scripture.

Everything about you seems to align with most on here, including me, except for this extremism you preach about morals and judgement.
BAP Enthusiast
dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

Manhattan said:

That was nationalism not atheism…
Communist nationalism? Are you drunk? Communism is anti-nationalism. Fascism is nationalistic. Communism teaches that people are united by class and not by nation, which is why their battle cry is "workers of the world unite".

Wait, what? Are you saying the Soviets weren't nationalistic? Wow.

Stalin made them nationalistic after the purges. The original Bolshevik Revolution tried to wipe away all of Russian history and destroy religion. It was during this time period where the biggest attrocities happened. This is largely why Russia was in horrific shape until WWII where Stalin consolidated power.
javajaws
AG
Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

There's no illogical reasoning here my friend, I'm asking why slavery was wrong given that it was codified in the Constitution and the law of the land. You said rights were given to you by the constitution and the state you live in.
We literally just discussed this (in general terms). It's wrong because the people decided it was wrong and had the laws changed. Are you really this dense? I really don't get your point at all.

Also, I did not say "rights" were given to me by the constitution (although it does). I said the right to CHANGE those rights (and laws) was given to me by the constitution and the state I live in (in your words "political process"). And as you pointed out - exactly that has been done in not only the case of slavery, but of women's voting rights and numerous other examples.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Silian Rail
yes, you can probably divide it into Marxist-Leninist russia, and then Stalin purged them and transformed them into a National Bolshevist regime
BAP Enthusiast
dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

dmart90 said:

Silian Rail said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Silian Rail said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Huh.
OK, let's try this.

China doesn't really have any morality at all. It has been oppressed out of the people who will walk by someone dying in the street and no even bat an eye.

China's morality is whatever the communist party and in turn Xi Jingping says it is, which is subject to change at any time.

There is no consistency there at all and how you are handled depends on your connections to the party.
Silian Rail
javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

We literally just discussed this (in general terms). It's wrong because the people decided it was wrong and had the laws changed. Are you really this dense? I really don't get your point at all.

Also, I did not say "rights" were given to me by the constitution (although it does). I said the right to CHANGE those rights (and laws) was given to me by the constitution and the state I live in (in your words "political process"). And as you pointed out - exactly that has been done in not only the case of slavery, but of women's voting rights and numerous other examples.
That's great that's what I wanted you to say. So if people change their mind on it being wrong it ceases to be wrong, and we can have slavery again as long as they change the laws. All that matters is the whim of the people.
BAP Enthusiast
Silian Rail said:

yes, you can probably divide it into Marxist-Leninist russia, and then Stalin purged them and transformed them into a National Bolshevist regime

Marxist-Leninist Russia is where the bloodiest civil war and mass murder in human history occurred. I've read the stories of concentration camps but nothing made me actually gag like the brutality from the Russian Revolution and subsequent purges. The stories were seared into my brain. It was monstrous on a level I can barely fathom. The brutality makes the Cartels and Islamic terrorists look tame.

This wasn't industrialized murder, it was industrialized torture.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Latin Anerica's religiosity is a facade. There are more Catholic Dioceses in the US alone than in all of Latin America.

You are working with that DemocRAT fuzzy math.

Definition of Latin America: the parts of the American continents where Spanish or Portuguese is the main national language (i.e., Mexico and, in effect, the whole of Central and South America including many of the Caribbean islands).

List of Catholic archdioceses

Now Latin America

Silian Rail
You're mistaking archdiocese and diocese
TxTarpon
Silian Rail said:

You're mistaking archdiocese and diocese
Throw some facts on the board then.
Silian Rail
Your argument is with you and BAP, I'm just saying an archdiocese is different than a diocese
Silian Rail
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Silian Rail said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

MGS said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death.
You know what's worse? Having a husband cheat on his wife and then not being able to support the family because he's spending a year in prison.

Perhaps if there was prison time for this behavior he would never had done it in the first place. People act like this because there is no punishment for any of it. If there was then maybe they would actually work on their marriage instead of looking elsewhere.

Please tell me which laws in history have STOPPED a crime from occurring. I'll wait.

Ok I don't want to wait. The answer is none. Name any crime and there are people committing it.

Laws are nothing more than a definition of crimes and their punishment. It's a construct of a supposedly civil society. It does not change behavior. Most people don't murder because they are ethically moral and upstanding on their own, not because there is a law against murder. But murderers still murder despite there being a law against it. It simply defines the punishment for the crime. Same for speeding. People still do it.

But punishing human behavior that is common, private, and even accepted in some case, is lunacy.

I'm happily married and monogamous for 33 years - but this is BSC.

This is Puritanical 101. Found your own commune and good luck with that.

Are you high right now? Do you have any ideas how laws work? They act as a deterrent, not as a failsafe. It absolutely changes behavior. The entire study of economics teaches how people respond to risk and reward, you're arguing that if the penalty for speeding was death, the same number of people would speed. That is idiotic.

People base all decisions off of utility, which is a risk/reward calculation. I would not be willing to swim across an alligator infested stream for a $10 payoff. I might for a $100,000,000 payoff.

Laws don't deter anything otherwise there would be no crime.

You're assuming people would be completely unethical without laws. I disagree. Ethical people are ethical Criminals are criminals. Laws merely define punishment for criminals.

If you think I'm not raping and murdering because of laws well that's just comical.

Admittedly speeding is minor by comparison. There are of course minor things that are more just trying to have an orderly and safe environment that are made "illegal". But I don't believe any gun law stops a criminal, murder does not stop a murderer, laws about rape do not stop rapes, etc. etc.

Let's take an easy example: child porn. If they legalized child porn tomorrow you don't think there would be companies profiting off of it? Why aren't they doing so now?
javajaws
AG
Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

javajaws said:

Silian Rail said:

That's great that's what I wanted you to say. So if people change their mind on it being wrong it ceases to be wrong, and we can have slavery again as long as they change the laws. All that matters is the whim of the people.
This will be my last post on this pointless thread since you really have no point except to troll for "gotchas".

It is not of course "all that matters". But it does determine what is legal or not. Irregardless of if something is legal or not you still have your own morality to guide you through life...based on whatever factors you choose (be it religious or otherwise). Just because something is legal doesn't make it right and vice-versa.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Silian Rail said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Silian Rail said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

MGS said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death.
You know what's worse? Having a husband cheat on his wife and then not being able to support the family because he's spending a year in prison.

Perhaps if there was prison time for this behavior he would never had done it in the first place. People act like this because there is no punishment for any of it. If there was then maybe they would actually work on their marriage instead of looking elsewhere.

Please tell me which laws in history have STOPPED a crime from occurring. I'll wait.

Ok I don't want to wait. The answer is none. Name any crime and there are people committing it.

Laws are nothing more than a definition of crimes and their punishment. It's a construct of a supposedly civil society. It does not change behavior. Most people don't murder because they are ethically moral and upstanding on their own, not because there is a law against murder. But murderers still murder despite there being a law against it. It simply defines the punishment for the crime. Same for speeding. People still do it.

But punishing human behavior that is common, private, and even accepted in some case, is lunacy.

Are you high right now? Do you have any ideas how laws work? They act as a deterrent, not as a failsafe. It absolutely changes behavior. The entire study of economics teaches how people respond to risk and reward, you're arguing that if the penalty for speeding was death, the same number of people would speed. That is idiotic.

People base all decisions off of utility, which is a risk/reward calculation. I would not be willing to swim across an alligator infested stream for a $10 payoff. I might for a $100,000,000 payoff.

You're assuming people would be completely unethical without laws. I disagree. Ethical people are ethical Criminals are criminals. Laws merely define punishment for criminals.

If you think I'm not raping and murdering because of laws well that's just comical.

Admittedly speeding is minor by comparison. There are of course minor things that are more just trying to have an orderly and safe environment that are made "illegal". But I don't believe any gun law stops a criminal, murder does not stop a murderer, laws about rape do not stop rapes, etc. etc.

Let's take an easy example: child porn. If they legalized child porn tomorrow you don't think there would be companies profiting off of it? Why aren't they doing so now?

Not what I'm saying at all. Not even close.

I'm not saying there should not be laws. But I'm saying laws don't stop people intent on doing it.

Child porn is a great example. It does not stop child porn from existing. It does not stop people from profiting off it (they do even if you seem to think they don't). And It does not stop those intent on viewing it.

Also legalizing it (which I would never ascribe to) would not make morally ethical people indulge in it. Me for example.

Laws do not stop people from engaging in it.

I've never smoked weed. Not even when in places that it is legal. Has nothing to do with the law. And my behavior would not change if it was legalized here. I've never done any illicit drugs. Again that's just me.
I've also never embezzled, murdered, raped, or adulterated.

It's not because of laws. Those that do, do so regardless of the laws.

BAP Enthusiast
Silian Rail said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Silian Rail said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

MGS said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

But what if the child consents tho? We're seriously back at these asinine arguments again. I thought these people had left this all behind, guess it's time to rehash arguments from 2016 again.
Silian Rail
Yes but they do so at a much lower level, laws can't ever eliminate harm but they limit harm. Does child porn still exist? Of course, but at a fraction of the level it would if it were legalized. That's a good thing. Laws are great at limiting behavior.
aggievaulter07
AG
I actually want to jump back into the original thoughts expressed in the OP of this thread...

***Let's start by making it clear that pretty much EVERYONE agrees that adultery is morally wrong***

Now let's get into this...

Quote:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce.
This whole mentality exposes a clear lack of consideration for what this would actually mean, and what the potential ripple effect may be.

Let's start with how you'd want our government to define adultery:

• Does flirting count?
  • Does holding hands count?
  • Does kissing count?
  • Tongue? No tongue?
  • Does sexting count?
  • Does dry humping count?
  • Does manual stimulation count?
  • Mutual masturbation?
  • Does oral sex count?
  • Does anal sex count?
  • Does penetration have to be involved?
  • What about sex toys?
  • Just the tip?
  • Or does it have to be full penal/vaginal penetration?
  • What about scissoring?
  • Sword fighting?

I literally want you to respond to those. I need to know where we should draw the line.

I think we'd all agree that you can actually 'cheat' on your spouse purely emotionally. How will we include that in our definition and set of laws?

Let's move on to questioning how this would be tracked, and enforced by our government...

In what ways are you comfortable with the Government/Justice System gathering information to enforce this new law you propose?

• Gov't actively monitoring our homes, phones, email, workplaces, etc.?
  • Rely only on formal accusations from spouses?
  • Rely on accusations from 3rd parties? (witnesses, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc)
  • Heck, if we're going to rely on 3rd parties, are we going to put $10k bounties on this stuff, too??

How will we PROVE these accusations in court?

• Force the accused to be given "rape kit" type tests? (this would mean they'd have to be caught and arrested basically in-the-act)
The more I think about it, depending on how we define "adultery" for the purposes of our 'new law', it almost seems like there would have to actually be pornographic video evidence to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that one consenting adult had sex with another consenting adult absent a pregnancy.

Let's think about this, too. Do you really want our criminal court system bogged down with literally millions of accusations of adultery clogging up the system? And clogging up the prison system? This would increase the number of jury trials by hundreds of thousands per year of lawyers arguing whether or not people actually slept together, or maybe the just flirted through text. Blah blah blah.

Adultery is obviously wrong, but adding that burden to our criminal justice system is just crazy talk.

Quote:

I also think that you should not be allowed to marry at all unless you get a religious marriage. This would ensure all marriages are religious in nature and eliminate those who just want to get married for tax purposes.
Semantics. You're hung up on the word marriage. Why do you give one single thought to what someone else calls their relationship. It has no impact on you. Religions don't have a monopoly on two people deciding to combine their lives. The way you're wording this, it seems like as long as those getting married subscribe to SOME form of religion, you're ok with it. But, if they don't subscribe to any at all, you're not. That's insanely strange given that most religions treat every religion outside their own basically the same as non-religious people. They're ALL going to hell, right?

Also, News Flash. The idea that non-religious people are getting married "for tax purposes" is just ignorant. My wife and I are not religious, and taxes were not even the faintest of fleeting thoughts that factored into our decision to get married. I'd wager that's the same for the VAAAAST majority of non-religious married people.

Possibly an unpopular take here but, I'd be ok with removing all tax benefits (whatever they may be) for being married. I'd remove them for having children, too. I doubt removing those benefits would have a statistically significant impact on the number of people getting married, or the number of people having children.

Quote:

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.
Once again, as has been discussed throughout this debate, religion is not required for morality to exist in a society. Also, News Flash: We DGAF about our marriage being valid in the eyes of a god no more real than Zeus or Poseidon were. We love each other, and combining our lives creates something greater than the sum of our individual parts.

WHILE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THINGS WE SHOULD OUTLAW AND ASSIGN PRISON TIME BECAUSE THE BIBLE DOESN'T SPEAK FAVORABLY ABOUT THEM...

• Let's make lying illegal with a minimum 1-year of prison for every violation.

• Let's also make getting drunk illegal with a minimum 1-year of prison for every violation.

• Let's also make "Not Honoring Your Father and Mother" illegal with a minimum 1-year of prison for every violation.

• Let's make using the lord's name in vain illegal with a minimum 1-year of prison for every violation.

Do you see how this works? I bet you've lied a few times in your life. I bet you've been drunk, too. Ever use the lord's name in vain?

Just because something is morally wrong doesn't mean our government needs to get involved.

Don't you think god can handle this stuff? If he can't/isn't, he's just not as great as you think he is.
Aston04
AG
Can this thread be moved to the Religious board?

Can't believe this has gone on 16 pages. Good gracious.

Oh well, carry on.
C@LAg
Aston04 said:

Can this thread be moved to the Religious board?

belongs more in the bonfire board
Adverse Event
Let's split the baby, throw it in a bonfire.
ABATTBQ11
AG
+1
aggievaulter07
TRADUCTOR
Sex with animals is morally wrong and you will go to jail. Probably better to get sodomy back on books before adultery.
Credible Source
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce. I also think that you should not be allowed to marry at all unless you get a religious marriage. This would ensure all marriages are religious in nature and eliminate those who just want to get married for tax purposes.

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death. This topic has even been glorified in modern media and Hollywood and our politicians do it all of the time. It's an absolutely corruptive force that has no business in a civilized society.

Lol wut
AggieBuck, meal credit, cash, outbound?
TxTarpon
Yep
You got it
OP wants moral government agents in our lives.
What is another administrative mouth to feed with hundreds of millions of $$$$.
aggievaulter07
AG
OP started this thread, but can't reconcile the tough questions...
Silian Rail
aggievaulter07 said:

Dude, your questions are facile; I assume OP was hanging out with his family on the weekend and doing normal people stuff and hasn't logged in.

The reason why it's not the gotcha question you think it is......we have precedent in the late 20th century of adultery laws on the books which answer everyone one of the questions you've asked.

As I've said before many of the morality laws in our history have been largely unenforced and used as a deterrent to promotion of the behavior in the public square. Obviously when sodomy was illegal, it still happened, but the law kept it from being paraded down main street, as is currently the case.

BAP Enthusiast
aggievaulter07 said:

I rarely post on weekends because I actually have a family and like spending time with them. I am often very busy with family time and other household errands, fixes, etc.

It's rather funny, the posters with no family continue posting as normal on the weekend while those of us wanting these things don't post much of anything.
Daddy
AG
One Louder said:

I have never cheated on my husband nor would I consider it but this is ludicrous. Better start building more jails!

You never once lusted over another male?

I can guarantee you
Every man has cheated at least once in their mind short of Jesus

The Orangeman Returns with Thunder
aggievaulter07
AG
Quote:

The reason why it's not the gotcha question you think it is......we have precedent in the late 20th century of adultery laws on the books which answer everyone one of the questions you've asked.
I asked OP how HE would define adultery, as in where he would draw the line. I also asked him how he would prefer it be tracked and enforced by our government.

I'm genuinely seeking clarification on where he stands, and trying to figure out how far ahead he has thought this out regarding ripple effects, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.