Adultery and marriage

28,598 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Manhattan
Silian Rail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love when dudes whose sole cardio comes from abusing themselves to pixels for hours a day call married husbands with a passel of children incels.
Bobaloo
Remember the old SNL skit. 'Everybody doesn't like something but nobody doesn't like an orgasm.'
RebelE Infantry
AG
blakegrimez said:

And this is why we have a separation of church and state.

This is a myth. All political questions are ultimately theological.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
BAP Enthusiast
MGS said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death.
You know what's worse? Having a husband cheat on his wife and then not being able to support the family because he's spending a year in prison.

Perhaps if there was prison time for this behavior he would never had done it in the first place. People act like this because there is no punishment for any of it. If there was then maybe they would actually work on their marriage instead of looking elsewhere.
RogerEnright
Silian Rail said:

GAC06 said:

If you have a religious marriage why do you care what goes on in other marriages
We live in a society
Perhaps culture pressure / society should fix this and not the government.

javajaws
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce.
So you believe a person should have to stay married to a physically or verbally abusive spouse. Spreadsheet updated.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
sam callahan
Very Taliban-esque
Silian Rail
blakegrimez said:

We really don't, the idea that the church and state would be separate was anathema at the time. There is merely the refusal to establish a state religion.
Silian Rail
RogerEnright said:

Silian Rail said:

GAC06 said:

If you have a religious marriage why do you care what goes on in other marriages
We live in a society
Perhaps culture pressure / society should fix this and not the government

Culture is downstream from legislation. Millions of babies are being saved right now in the US due to the impact of the overturn of roe v Wade. This wasn't some spontaneous groundswell of pro-life movement
Tanya 93
Why do care if someone cheated?

And will you refuse to vote for Trump if he is the nominee

Also, why do you support his cheating?
jellycheese
AG
javajaws said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce.
So you believe a person should have to stay married to a physically or verbally abusive spouse. Spreadsheet updated.
He's getting this from Matthew 19:9.
Adverse Event
Many religions encourage multiple wives, is thus accounted for, OP?
RebelE Infantry
AG
RogerEnright said:

Silian Rail said:

GAC06 said:

We live in a society
Perhaps culture pressure / society should fix this and not the government.

Of course this is the ideal. But when that breaks down such questions must be resolved by the government. That's kind of the point of government. Remember- culture is downstream of law.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
DallasAg 94
MouthBQ98
AG
As big of a social problem as trivial marriages are, something that flat out discourages marriage is worse.

Marriage of a contract, social and legal. It is a civil law matter if someone breaks it.
BAP Enthusiast
Old McDonald said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.
because adultery is effed up. don't need the bible or the quran to tell me that. that's just basic golden rule.

Why? Your marriage is meaningless. You shouldn't care about behavior. I mean that's what you all tell us all of the time. You should be able to act without consequences and that's what a civil Union non-religious marriage means. There is absolutely no reason at all your spouse should remain faithful in a non-religious marriage if there shouldn't be any negative consequences for personal behavior that doesn't physically hurt anyone. Additionally, you would have no right to be upset about it because that would mean you are judging them for acting on their desires and we all know that's bad.
Silian Rail
Adverse Event said:

Many religions encourage multiple wives, is thus accounted for, OP?
This is a majority Christian country, and in this country we will continue down the same roadmap that has made Western Civilization the best civilization to ever grace this earth.

They can do what they want to in other countries.
Choobadooba
Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

We really don't, the idea that the church and state would be separate was anathema at the time. There is merely the refusal to establish a state religion.
And establishing laws based on one religion essentially establishes a state religion.
HumpitPuryear
AG
I've always thought that there should be an avenue to sue for breach of contract.
BAP Enthusiast
sam callahan said:

Very Taliban-esque

Christofascism? Hmm…
BillYeoman
The dunking wheel solves a lot of problems. Maybe bring that back?
Silian Rail
blakegrimez said:

Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

And establishing laws based on one religion essentially establishes a state religion.
No it doesn't, any more than having laws against murder establishes a state religion. Somethings are bad and transcend any single religion.
BAP Enthusiast
Tanya 93 said:

Why do care if someone cheated?

And will you refuse to vote for Trump if he is the nominee

Also, why do you support his cheating?

Trump is a degenerate and no I never supported that behavior. Of course I wasn't given many other options that were better was I?
aggiedata
AG
Is it a white collar prison?
BAP Enthusiast
jellycheese said:

javajaws said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

He's getting this from Matthew 19:9.

This along with a myriad of other versus that discuss adultery.
Teslag
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Old McDonald said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.
because adultery is effed up. don't need the bible or the quran to tell me that. that's just basic golden rule.

Why? Your marriage is meaningless. You shouldn't care about behavior. I mean that's what you all tell us all of the time. You should be able to act without consequences and that's what a civil Union non-religious marriage means. There is absolutely no reason at all your spouse should remain faithful in a non-religious marriage if there shouldn't be any negative consequences for personal behavior that doesn't physically hurt anyone. Additionally, you would have no right to be upset about it because that would mean you are judging them for acting on their desires and we all know that's bad.

Many people are devoted to their wife and not God. You don't need a deity to not betray someone and treat them like ****.
Silian Rail
Teslag said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Old McDonald said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Many people are devoted to their wife and not God. You don't need a deity to not betray someone and treat them like ****.
Then it would appear they have nothing to fear from the adultery law.
BAP Enthusiast
Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

No it doesn't, any more than having laws against murder establishes a state religion. Somethings are bad and transcend any single religion.

Islam views adultery the same way as far as I know. I know Hindus heavily frown on it. Almost every religion on Earth does not like it at all. That's why I stated religious marriage and not Christian marriage.
Manhattan
I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?
Choobadooba
Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

Exactly, some things transcend religion, like murder. By definition, marriage does not transcend religion.
kb2001
AG
We live in a Republic founded on individual liberty. This is not a theocracy, and such intrusions into day to day life are absurd. You would criminalize a quarter of the population, if stats are to be believed.

As for religious marriages, enforcing this is stupid, but government backing away completely from regulation of marriage is fine. If it's a religious institution, then the government should have no say or involvement in it at all.
Manhattan
D-Fens said:

This country doesn't even care about Hunter cheating on his wife with his dead brother's widow, knocking up a stripper, and having an incestuous sexual relationship with his underage neice. Why would it care about adultery among non-crack smoking squares?

This country doesn't care about the president cheating on his wife, paying women off and having the same lawyer who paid off those women pay for the abortion of the RNC finance chair so why would we care about Hunter Biden?
Silian Rail
blakegrimez said:

Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

Silian Rail said:

blakegrimez said:

Exactly, some things transcend religion, like murder. By definition, marriage does not transcend religion.
Are you telling me atheists don't get married?
White Liberals=The Worst
BAP Enthusiast said:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce. I also think that you should not be allowed to marry at all unless you get a religious marriage. This would ensure all marriages are religious in nature and eliminate those who just want to get married for tax purposes.

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death. This topic has even been glorified in modern media and Hollywood and our politicians do it all of the time. It's an absolutely corruptive force that has no business in a civilized society.
I think this should be up to the states. And I would be fine with this if this is what my state wanted. I'd vote for it.
Silian Rail
kb2001 said:

We live in a Republic founded on individual liberty. This is not a theocracy, and such intrusions into day to day life are absurd. You would criminalize a quarter of the population, if stats are to be believed.

As for religious marriages, enforcing this is stupid, but government backing away completely from regulation of marriage is fine. If it's a religious institution, then the government should have no say or involvement in it at all.
Government founded on individual liberty by dudes who owned slaves and wrote laws that punished homosexuality with castration or death. They didn't view liberty the same way we view liberty. They would have shat at the idea of the 14th and 19th amendments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.