Biden to declare climate emergency this week

11,214 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by captkirk
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
S540841 said:

Carbon Capture and Nuclear are both big pieces that should be being looked at. As is battery storage for renewables.
agreed on reasonable ideas. Have to be measured and sensible on energy policy while not surrendering our sovereignty and freedoms.
Muy
AG
Name one thing this administration has touched that isn't a steaming pile of dog **** now. Just one.
YouBet
AG
captkirk said:

Whatever nonsense Brandon tries will be thrashed by the courts unless its just his usual virtue signaling that accomplishes nothing
Except the courts don't matter anymore if you are Democrat and/or live in a blue state. NY blatantly ignored the SC ruling on guns and simply went around it.
Maroon Dawn
AG
S540841 said:

Carbon Capture and Nuclear are both big pieces that should be being looked at. As is battery storage for renewables.

Look at him evade the issue

NONE of that is part of your boys proposed emergency

Stat Monitor Repairman
This is what we knew was coming.

The second they saw what could be done under the threat of covid, we all knew they would declare a climate emergency.
4stringAg
AG
S540841 said:

Thousands dying from extreme heat in Europe.

Wildfires burning out of control in the Western U.S.

Lakes and Rivers running dry.

We're most definitely in a Climate Emergency.
OK, why should we believe any of that is manmade or can be controlled by the US Gov't spending trillions of dollars?

1980 was a record year heat wise in many parts of the Midwest and Southern Plains and Mid South. What did we do then? Nothing. Bore through it and kept going treating it like the temporary cyclical climate issue that it was.

But now? We believe arrogantly that we can control it? Bull*****
Ellis Wyatt
The goal is to crush our economy and end capitalism (and freedom) in America. Libs always aspire to being the controlling "Party" and ruling over their lessers.
Science Denier
AG
Their plan is to **** up America so badly that when republicans can't fix it, they will win the NEXT election.
titan
S
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

This is what we knew was coming.

The second they saw what could be done under the threat of covid, we all knew they would declare a climate emergency.
Yes, but again, turn it back on them.

Emergency doesn't mean lasting expansive powers. All emergency could mean is things like sending water to needy regions, untapping some reserves, more supplies, etc. Think tornado relief, not covid.

What it does not involve is cutting back on the availability of things like in Biden's agenda.
Owlagdad
We need oil more than green. We need oil more than liberals. They need us more than we need them.
txags92
AG
Step 1: Create artificial scarcity in ubiquitously needed product
Step 2: Heavily regulate and control the production and distribution of product
Step 3: Distribute scarce and heavily controlled product preferentially to your friends and allies
Step 4: Profit!
PCC_80
AG
Quote:

Curtail movement of fossil fuels in trains, ships, and pipelines.
I nominate the Northeast and the West Coast for where to start. Lets see how New York and Cali are doing after a month of no ships, trains or pipeline inputs. After all they are the ones that want to do this the most.
2wealfth Man
AG
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/19/politics/white-house-climate/index.html

According to this piece Hochstein wants more oil production in the short-term while at the same time openly stating they want to accelerate a green transition. Who in their right mind would ever invest in any O&G energy infrastructure again?
YouBet
AG
2wealfth Man said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/19/politics/white-house-climate/index.html

According to this piece Hochstein wants more oil production in the short-term while at the same time openly stating they want to accelerate a green transition. Who in their right mind would ever invest in any O&G energy infrastructure again?
They have zero ability to think ahead other than to believe the earth dies in 12? 10? Now 9 years?
cevans_40
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Can you imagine voting for this crap, knowing full well it'll destroy the economy and possibly our country, because the opposition party doesn't fully embrace all parts of your choice of lifestyle?

Idiots, all of them

Can't be said enough. Some people should not have a voice
cevans_40
AG
S540841 said:

My God. Someone actually defends this nonsense.
RoadkillBBQ
captkirk said:

Whatever nonsense Brandon tries will be thrashed by the courts unless its just his usual virtue signaling that accomplishes nothing
Just like his illegal vaccine mandates were? Those same courts? The ones headed by liberal judges?
txags92
AG
cevans_40 said:

S540841 said:

My God. Someone actually defends this nonsense.
It is amazing the magical thinking that you have to resort to to believe that everything we experience is:

1 - something that has never happened ever before,
2 - something that is an absolute crisis that requires immediate government intervention, and
3 - can only be fixed by spending massive amounts of printed dollars paid to democrat leaning NGOs
Stat Monitor Repairman
Climate Emergency leads to fuel emergency which leads to food supply emergency which leads to rationing which leads to people starving to death and depopulation of the planet, which is the end game.
PCC_80
AG

Climate Emergency leads to fuel emergency which leads to food supply emergency which leads to rationing which leads to people starving to death and depopulation of the planet, which is the end game.
Yep. The Biden Admin just renewed again the Covid Emergency Order which has now been effect for 2 years. Any Climate Change Emergency will be renewed again and again forever. They are probably already drafting the emergency orders for Fuel and Food.

The politicians have found that they just need to "Declare an Emergency" and they can have almost unlimited power forever over what ever issue is the declared emergency. This B.S. has to be stopped.

zephyr88
AG
This is the true assault on democracy.
BAP Enthusiast
This is being done purely to get around the recent SCOTUS ruling and to clamp down on upstream. It's clear they want $15 gallon gasoline and they want to destroy the oil and gas world. I fully expect there will also be a significant wealth transfer program to line their "green energy" friends' pocket.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It's all fun and games until people start starving.

Which for 80+% of the population will happen in less than a week.

You can bet they got orders drafted in the same way that the patriot act got drafted and passed in 14 days after 9-11.

Remember that?

We gonna see the same thing happen again and everybody gonna act all surprised.
AzAg80
AG
I believe the American people have a right to know who is running the executive branch. Whoever it is, they are unelected. Worse, they have an agenda hell bent on wrecking our economy and our energy infrastructure, and don't mind trampling the Constitution when it gets in the way. Seems there should be some way to force some daylight on this, and strip power away from the shadow power structure. No way the status quo is Constitutional.
titan
S

In that case hopefully ending as Sri Lanka.
pantherag
AG
If not for mean tweets.
rgag12
AG
More likely this is a trial balloon from the admin to see if people would react favorably to this drastic step and be willing to pay the much higher prices associated with such move.
titan
S
AzAg80 said:

I believe the American people have a right to know who is running the executive branch. Whoever it is, they are unelected. Worse, they have an agenda hell bent on wrecking our economy and our energy infrastructure, and don't mind trampling the Constitution when it gets in the way. Seems there should be some way to force some daylight on this, and strip power away from the shadow power structure. No way the status quo is Constitutional.
True. Never has the American military upper brass failed its duty as now. An invisible government is in no way legitimate and this should have met the criteria for "domestic enemy". Especially given the policies being imposed which are self-evidently nation preparedness weakening. Did they really not have a scenario that allows for a Manchurian candidate type situation? (which was always theoretically possible)
YouBet
AG
PaulC_80 said:

Yep. The Biden Admin just renewed again the Covid Emergency Order which has now been effect for 2 years. Any Climate Change Emergency will be renewed again and again forever. They are probably already drafting the emergency orders for Fuel and Food.

The politicians have found that they just need to "Declare an Emergency" and they can have almost unlimited power forever over what ever issue is the declared emergency. This B.S. has to be stopped.

Baylor went back to a mask requirement yesterday for all patients and visitors in their facilities. I'm assuming these two are related.

I now have to wear a f'ing mask while I do physical therapy.
samurai_science
YouBet said:

PaulC_80 said:

Baylor went back to a mask requirement yesterday for all patients and visitors in their facilities. I'm assuming these two are related.

Don't comply, its worked for me since July 2020
MGS
Muy said:

Name one thing this administration has touched that isn't a steaming pile of dog **** now. Just one.
Well, the Taliban is better off than they were two years ago.
YouBet
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

YouBet said:

PaulC_80 said:

Don't comply, its worked for me since July 2020
I never comply anywhere except for health facilities. I respect that environment just because I'm typically the youngest person in there. And even though masks don't work; I don't want to get into it with a bunch of old people and I really like my PT guy and need it.

Just maddening this sham is still around and pushed by supposed medical experts.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MGS said:

Muy said:

Well, the Taliban is better off than they were two years ago.
Iran also.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Owlagdad
The world is about as clean as it is going to get. Keep doing your part greenies, we will too, just leave us and energy alone.
Rocky Rider
AG
Quote:

But now? We believe arrogantly that we can control it? Bull*****
I don't think the swamp believes they can control the climate. They see it as one more method to send money to their friends investing in <insert a dem dominated industry here> and a portion of this money will flow back to them. It's been said here many times before, we have become the banana republic we used to laugh about.

Never let a crisis go to waste. And if a crisis can be manufactured from a natural disaster, do it.
...the Big 12 is now viewed as the fifth of the big BCS leagues by many recruits. (Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell; August 2013)

Already the weakest of the “Power Five” conferences, the league (Big 12) is hemorrhaging fans, wins, TV ratings and respect. (SA Express R. Bragg; Oct 12, 2016)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.