Unlimited Funds

3,542 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LOYAL AG
rgleml
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does our government have unlimited money. Biden is giving away money like it is candy during his trip to the Middle East.
Cruiser87
AG
Of course. We can always "print" more.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I am fairly certain most dems think money is just a "social construct"
Marcus Brutus
Our debt to GDP ratio is 130%. We are toast.
Houston Lee
AG
Yes. We seem to be able to print more money without any serious consequences. The USA is "too big to fail".

People keep predicting that there will be a global economic crash, but it seems like most of the world's governments are in the RED and yet still going...
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Marcus Brutus said:

i think your being short sighted here. i mean it's mathematically impossible to repay it so you know what could go wrong.
Sims
AG
As long as the world trusts us to pay them and we keep letting politicians put a lien on future generations' prosperity and liberty, yes.
rgleml
AG
I feel like China is the elephant in the room that nobody notices. They have been trying to replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency for awhile. If that ever happens, i think our economy will be toast.
YouBet
AG
According to MMT, we do.

Lol. Then cry.
CDUB98
AG
olag2020, is that you?
bmks270
AG
Yes.

The government is the creator of USD, so yes.
LOYAL AG
AG
rgleml said:

I feel like China is the elephant in the room that nobody notices. They have been trying to replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency for awhile. If that ever happens, i think our economy will be toast.

We'll fortunately that won't ever happen.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
AGHouston11
AG
Not true - we were told by the Democrats with Pelosi leading the narrative that we do not have it in the budget to be able to afford a border wall ………….. We didn't have 20 Billion

They are throwing around 20 Billion like free candy now
coolerguy12
AG
rgleml said:

Does our government have unlimited money. Biden is giving away money like it is candy during his trip to the Middle East.

I have it on good authority that ever dollar the govt spends equals $5 in GDP growth. Not sure why we're not spending more.
TRADUCTOR
coolerguy12 said:

rgleml said:

I have it on good authority that ever dollar the govt spends equals $5 in GDP growth. Not sure why we're not spending more.

$7.20 now because inflation for booming GDP.
IndividualFreedom
Texas needs to create it's own currency now! Create a currency that we own. Something we can start using now. The divorce paperwork should be on the lawyers desk. Let's divide up possessions peacefully and go find a new, younger, hot chick.
Pinochet
I think OP's question is where do the appropriations come from? Who is voting for all this aid that is going to foreign countries?
DamnGood86
AG
"Unlimited Funds"

That would work well as the name of a dating/hook-up site.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
HumpitPuryear
AG
David Wallace said:

Yes. We seem to be able to print more money without any serious consequences. The USA is "too big to fail".

People keep predicting that there will be a global economic crash, but it seems like most of the world's governments are in the RED and yet still going...

10% annual inflation is a pretty serious consequence
Tramp96
Funny, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what authority Biden has to commit all this money. I thought Congress held the purse strings? Did Pelosi and Schumer give Biden a blank checkbook, and if so, under which of the multiple spending bills did they do this?
Sims
AG
One of these days, our parents are gonna check the liquor cabinet and realize how watered down all the vodka is.
Manhattan
rgleml said:

Rich Chinese people don't even trust Chinese currency.
LMCane
MODERN MONETARY THEORY BRO!!
No Spin Ag
We've had unlimited funds every time a presidency increased the national debt. The only difference between them is what it's going to, not that it's being done.

Unfortunately fiscal issues don't get the feelz going from either side when it comes to picking their guy.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
agdad4x
unlimited funds - no

unlimited debt - politicians seem to think so
WHOOP!'91
AG
So, our economy being "toast" looks like what? Imports being expensive? International vacations are too expensive for most? Refocus on staples and necessities?

Are we talking Mad Max or Greece-style "austerity"?

Houston Lee
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

David Wallace said:

The US is the worlds #1 Economy. We live in a global market. Everyone in the entire world has a vested interest in seeing the top producing nations continue to thrive, produce and consume. That means we all must keep putting value in the paper currencies of the world. Print Print Print...nothing will change.

I don't even know how the "world collapses" at this point. It cant and it wont because we all must continue to produce and consume. As long as there a people willing to work to produce and then to consume the world will keep going. Period. Never-ending.

Repeat Repeat Repeat.
Fireman
AG
And some people call bitcoin a scam.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
rgleml said:

They do.

Of course until they don't and that is when **** will get real and we will be lucky to live through it

No mistake the current administration has us on track for lots of pain in the near future
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

And that's just the official National debt. Our unfunded liabilities probably are that much or more.
YouBet
AG
David Wallace said:

HumpitPuryear said:

David Wallace said:

The US is the worlds #1 Economy. We live in a global market. Everyone in the entire world has a vested interest in seeing the top producing nations continue to thrive, produce and consume. That means we all must keep putting value in the paper currencies of the world. Print Print Print...nothing will change.

I don't even know how the "world collapses" at this point. It cant and it wont because we all must continue to produce and consume. As long as there a people willing to work to produce and then to consume the world will keep going. Period. Never-ending.

Repeat Repeat Repeat.
If this is true, then the world has proven that the ground rule of economics - scarcity - is not a thing.

I guess we can halt trying to solving fusion or its equivalent and/or halt space exploration.

Snark aside, you are basically saying that things will continue because they must. They don't have to continue; **** will fail at some point and it won't be pretty. The flaw in your comments people willing to produce. That number is continually decreasing.

Half the people in this country have no vested interest in keeping America going. They pay nothing into the system and many get net positive money out of it. The rest of the world is worse.
TRADUCTOR
Illegals are the cheapest way to stack 100B on pallets to Iran. Liberals need another caravan.
Tom Doniphon
Our government, properly ran, has exactly ZERO dollars.
I am always wrong
Marcus Brutus said:

Wait. What if we just print 130% of our GDP in new dollars, and then pay off all our debt with it? Then we will be debt free,
Faustus
I don't want to exp the kind of adverse event that would precipitate our currency's fall. It would more than a simple administrative error.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.