NYPD officers "leaving in droves"

3,855 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by InfantryAg
Marcus Brutus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
per this retiree. The stats seem to support his claim.

Quote:

A retired NYPD detective warned Tuesday that officers are leaving the force in droves for "greener pastures" over the soft-on-crime policies that have affected policing and public safety as a whole.

According to NYPD pension fund data, there were 1,236 officers that retired in 2020, and 1,064 in 2021.

In 2022 so far, there have already been 1,472 officers who have retired.

New York City has seen a surge of 25.8% so far in 2022.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nypd-retiree-officers-fed-up-leaving-droves-greener-pastures-woke-policies
DrEvazanPhD
Would you say...they want to Escape From New York?

I'll see myself out now.
ElKabong
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Ag87H2O
AG
I don't blame them one bit. Why put your life and career at risk for people that don't care and that hate you in the first place. Let them rot in that cesspool of their own making.
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

NYPD officers "leaving in droves

Perfect. The Left can tick that box. Their plan is coming together.
young eugene
AG
Google tells me there are 36,000 officers in NYPD so that's 4% retired so far this year. What's their rate of newly commissioned officers or transfers in? Although new recruits will obviously take lots of time to get up to speed, the old ones still need to be replaced. I'd also be curious to see what the normal turnover rate is for other major metros.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Good teachers and cops are leaving/retiring early in unprecedented numbers...I am sure they are being replaced by the most upstanding and qualified individuals. The big cities are f***ed. Get out if you haven't already.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Bobaloo
Wherever liberalism flourishes, misery follows. - Rush Limbaugh
techno-ag
AG
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
SwigAg11
AG
young eugene said:

Google tells me there are 36,000 officers in NYPD so that's 4% retired so far this year. What's their rate of newly commissioned officers or transfers in? Although new recruits will obviously take lots of time to get up to speed, the old ones still need to be replaced. I'd also be curious to see what the normal turnover rate is for other major metros.
The article didn't say, and I'm having trouble finding those numbers.
Manhattan
They are probably also leaving because they are actually forced to do foot patrols right now, never seen so many NYPD since Adams was elected.
Through Dark Brandon all things are possible.
Serious Lee
rocky the dog said:

this should be a funny form of poetic justice when juxtaposed with the skyscreaming gun control nuts. but i cant laugh, cause this just paves the way for their end goal: a national police force
Daddy
AG
NYC is Sodom
Well San Fran is

But NYC
Deserves everything because they vote like chit

The hate crimes on Asians

The sucker punches on people walking down the street
They deserve everything

Wall street
As it crashes maybe they won't be able to pay folks either the kind of money.
American Hardwood
AG
All part of the plan. Get rid of the good cops, replace them with ???? or beg the federal government to create a national police force filled with the same ????, or both.
titan
S
Ag87H2O said:

I don't blame them one bit. Why put your life and career at risk for people that don't care and that hate you in the first place. Let them rot in that cesspool of their own making.
That.

Any person not stratospherically rich should be trying to get out of NYC now. After DeBlasio they were due for a 180, but they didn't get that at all. Time pack up.
IslanderAg04
titan said:

Ag87H2O said:

That.

Any person not stratospherically rich should be trying to get out of NYC now. After DeBlasio they were due for a 180, but they didn't get that at all. Time pack up.

Adam's has been a complete disaster. You would think after DeBlasio, they would wisen up. Nope, just got stupider. Use to fly to Buffalo, Syracuse, and Utica for work. Will never step foot in that state again, while also having a deeire to go to Cooperstown.
Ag_of_08
AG
It's a problem everywhere right now. Check out Texas DPS's numbers, this is the worst I've ever seen it.

The majority of it is reward/risk... I'm not going to be shot at, or risk being ambushed and killed, for 50k a year. You also have issues with retention.... police departments are highly political and promotion is politically driven. Combine that with the fact a lot of 25+yo recruits domt want to be treated like new boot recruits by deputy/trooper/officer fife... it's just not a primary choice for most people.
Marcus Brutus
Ag_of_08 said:

The majority of it is reward/risk... I'm not going to be shot at, or risk being ambushed and killed, for 50k a year. You also have issues with retention.... police departments are highly political and promotion is politically driven. Combine that with the fact a lot of 25+yo recruits domt want to be treated like new boot recruits by deputy/trooper/officer fife... it's just not a primary choice for most people.

Nowadays, I'd be more worried about being prosecuted for killing a perp. That's at least one more factor that makes the job not worth it.
UTExan
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/06/11/nypd-cops-on-pace-to-quit-retire-in-record-numbers/amp/

"It will take 20 years to fix this mess," said Joseph Giacalone, a John Jay College of Criminal Justice professor and a former NYPD sergeant.

"The city is bleeding blue and only the cop haters will be celebrating… There's no way to stop it. Activists, abolitionists, and their pandering politicians have done so much damage to the profession, that it will take a generation to fix, if at all."
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
HoldMyBeer
AG
Harris County will be next, if officers are not already leaving.
Muy
AG
ElKabong said:

Exactly

Shedding no tears over here
titan
S
IslanderAg04 said:

titan said:

Ag87H2O said:

That.

Adam's has been a complete disaster. You would think after DeBlasio, they would wisen up. Nope, just got stupider. Use to fly to Buffalo, Syracuse, and Utica for work. Will never step foot in that state again, while also having a deeire to go to Cooperstown.
Cooperstown is worth the visit. I really do no equate the state with what NYC puts in charge from its excess influence.
Muy
AG
Do these liberal NYC citizens give 2 ****s about the harm caused to Texans by illegals? Hell no they don't.
Stupe
S
Manhattan said:

They are probably also leaving because they are actually forced to do foot patrols right now, never seen so many NYPD since Adams was elected.

That is not the reason.
Stupe
S
HoldMyBeer said:

Fort Bend and Harris.

Both of them are losing cops and deputies in droves to Montgomery County.

You get what you vote for.
sleepybeagle
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

rocky the dog said:

this should be a funny form of poetic justice when juxtaposed with the skyscreaming gun control nuts. but i cant laugh, cause this just paves the way for their end goal: a national police force
Yep - Nationalized police force IS the goal
B-1 83
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Good teachers and cops are leaving/retiring early in unprecedented numbers...I am sure they are being replaced by the most upstanding and qualified individuals. The big cities are f***ed. Get out if you haven't already.
This is F16 - there are no "good" teachers. They're all lazy Marxists who couldn't do anything else.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ferg
If I was going to be a Peace Officer, I'd want to be a Game Warden.
Stupe
S
Manhattan said:

My last post had the the wrong emoji.

NYPD officers are leaving for one reason:. "What is the point?"

They keep voting for slogans instead of solutions.
CDUB98
AG
And the replacement cops who don't really give a crap will be much easier to corrupt and do the bidding of their progressive masters.
APHIS AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Would you say...they want to Escape From New York?

I'll see myself out now.
I "escaped" NYC, thanks to my parents, who saw the writing on the wall and this was in 1967!!!
MSCAg
AG
After things like the Kim Potter case, why anyone would go into policing is beyond me.
tmaggies
AG
HoldMyBeer said:

It already has and for several years now especially since the democrats took over.
InfantryAg
AG
Ferg said:

If I was going to be a Peace Officer, I'd want to be a Game Warden.
Statistically, the highest chance of getting killed!

Maybe not as true these days though...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.