Should an 18 year old be allowed to buy an AR-15?

6,777 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasRebel
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
D-Fens said:

I honestly don't think the 18 to buy debate is a good hill to die on. Fine, make any rifle or shotgun 21 to purchase, but keep at 18 to possess. If you are minor who is gonna shoot hogs or ducks you probably have a firearm you can borrow or possess indefinitely.

The real concern is ability to defend yourself in public, which usually applies to pistols anyway. With regards to gov tyranny, no one will be purchasing guns legally if we are shooting at US troops in our streets. If/when we get to that point, patriots will be freely handing Mexican smuggled AR-15s over to 15 year olds. As long as 21 year olds can freely own AR-15s there will be no real gov tyranny.
The 18 year old debate isn't to prevent mass shootings

Like all "gun control" measures, the intent is to make it harder for law abiding citizens to purchase weapons. it won't do shi$ to prevent actual shootings
the other intent is to make the clueless , there's plenty in this thread, feel like WeAreDoINgSoMEthiNG
deddog
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

I would only support this if we agreed that 21 is the new official age of adulthood and if you are not 21 then you also cannot

-vote
-take out a student loan
-be drafted

If we were actually consistent across the board that 21 is the age of adulthood I'd be okay with it

Not this hodge lodge of "you're mature enough for this but not that"

I think that is absolutely what we should do. 18 year olds have far too much power to destroy their lives and the lives of others and they are more immature than ever.

I am not a fan of modern 18 year olds having the ability to ruin their lives with $200,000 of student loans, offset the votes of wiser and older individuals, and purchase deadly weapons without restriction. 18 year olds are dumb. You are asking them to make adult decisions when they are not mentally equipped to make them.

Maybe one day society will change and that age range with mature again. But in 2022, the age of an adult should at least be 21 across the board.
What you think doesn't matter.
The Democrats in power want the voting age reduced to 16.
They want 12 years old to change their sex without their parents consent.

But they want gun owners to be 21?

Yeah, this has no ulterior motive.

deddog
AG
David Wallace said:

How many 18 year olds that own an AR-15 didn't murder anyone?
3 in my household.

That's 2 more than that !@#!@! who shot kids in Uvalde.
TexasRebel
AG
If you simply raise the age limits, you just get older idiots.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.