Basic info/profile of the last 12 mass shooters(legal status, age, weapon used, etc)

4,200 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Husky Boy Jr.
FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The outlier is the 64 year old.

The rest are young shooters. Seems to me mental illness played an important roll in creating the dynamic for mass killings.

Other than that…..not really too many incidences so that is good.
astros4545
AG
All liberal murderers

100%
jpb1999
AG
TRM said:

themissinglink said:

He had a troubled past with numerous police incidents I saw this article referenced on twitter today and I'm assuming the shooter was one of the boys arrested. He shouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/crime/two-teens-arrested-in-mass-casualty-plot-in-2018-targeting-a-uvalde-middle-school/273-548565605
The shooter's birthday is May 17th, so based on the written date he couldn't be the older kid. Maybe the younger one?

Has this been vetted out yet? Who are the 2 in this article?

Wow!
aTmAg
AG
The eliminate guns movement is as naive and stupid as the eliminate nukes movement. The gun horse got out of the barn a few thousand years ago.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Speaking of cell phones.....I wonder if there is a correlation between the advent of the smartphone and an increase in violence. If the majority of one's interactions is through a smartphone, where things boil down to a text, a DM, or a social media post, have we de-valued face-to-face personal interaction? Not saying the smartphone is the reason but it may be a contributing factor as I think being a loner is a common theme of these shooters.
Stupe
S
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Sgt. Schultz said:

Speaking of cell phones.....I wonder if there is a correlation between the advent of the smartphone and an increase in violence. If the majority of one's interactions is through a smartphone, where things boil down to a text, a DM, or a social media post, have we de-valued face-to-face personal interaction? Not saying the smartphone is the reason but it may be a contributing factor as I think being a loner is a common theme of these shooters.

I don't know about violence, but we absolutely do treat other people badly and demonize other due to social media, places like texags/Reddit and other communication that lacks nuance. I'm 100% guilty of this
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.