*****OFFICIAL RUSSIAN-UKRAINE conflict BS thread *****

2,882 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by J. Walter Weatherman
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No
Rapier108
Without knowing the source of the photo, it is meaningless.

Could be nothing more than the Rooters intern grabbed a random stock photo for the tweet.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
GinMan
AG
GinMan
AG
GinMan
AG
GinMan
AG

dead
Rapier108 said:

Without knowing the source of the photo, it is meaningless.

Could be nothing more than the Rooters intern grabbed a random stock photo for the tweet.

Quote:

Members of the territorial defence force attend a training simulation for raiding a building occupied by enemy forces as they prepare for new assault, amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine, at an abandoned building in Sumy, Ukraine April 15, 2022.
GinMan
AG
Really? Somebody prove me otherwise
GAC06
AG
Prove otherwise from randos on twitter calling things fake with nothing to back it up?

Lol nah
GinMan
AG
GAC06 said:

Prove otherwise from randos on twitter calling things fake with nothing to back it up?

Lol nah

Have you seen live combat footage from the front lines? I haven't…
TRM
AG
They just reuse stock photos without regard.

The paintball photo comes from training on April 15th.
https://pictures.reuters.com/archive/UKRAINE-CRISIS-SUMY-DEFENCE-RC2QNT9OBVMN.html
aezmvp
TRM said:

They just reuse stock photos without regard.

The paintball photo comes from training on April 15th.
https://pictures.reuters.com/archive/UKRAINE-CRISIS-SUMY-DEFENCE-RC2QNT9OBVMN.html

The editor attaching the photo for the article/thumbnail has also probably never been in combat or even held a gun. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't tell another country's patch or pattern from another.
aggie93
AG
The only thing I know for certain is I have no idea who to trust in this stuff. Russia, Ukraine, and the Western Press are all far more interested in pushing narratives and propaganda than telling the truth. It's impossible to know what is true and what is not on either side.

One thing I do know though, there is no way in hell we should be spending the money we are spending on this while Europe is spending 1/3rd of what we are. Now they are talking about a "Marshall Plan" for Ukraine which sounds like it would take boondoggle to levels that would make all previous nation building efforts look like child's play.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
GinMan
AG
GAC06
AG
GinMan said:

GAC06 said:

Lol nah

Have you seen live combat footage from the front lines? I haven't…

What are you implying specifically
dead
Fake war
JABQ04
AG
I kinda believe the stolen tank thing. I was OC for a battalion FTX and our OPFOR straight over ran a firing point and stolen an M109A6 Paladin from the inept battery. It was pretty funny actually. Mainly because the driver was this hillbilly kid from West Virginia and there were at least 10 dudes hanging out all the hatches just spraying blank rounds everywhere.
GinMan
AG
I'm no war strategist….but everything they televise as "battle' is during daylight hours….
The US Military takes care of business in the cover of darkness….
In Ukraine they have battle during the day for media hype and good video…..I justify $100 billion of our tax money for Ukrainian defense
B.S.
GAC06
AG
GinMan said:

I'm no war strategist.

Should have stopped there
Eliminatus
AG
GinMan said:

I'm no war strategist….but everything they televise as "battle' is during daylight hours….
In Ukraine they have battle during the day for media hype and good video…..I justify $100 billion of our tax money for Ukrainian defense
B.S.

This is....this is stunning. This is truly up there with our Holocaust denier we had a few years ago. Maybe more so tbh.

No words for you, mate. Not even going to try.
Eliminatus
AG
JABQ04 said:

I kinda believe the stolen tank thing. I was OC for a battalion FTX and our OPFOR straight over ran a firing point and stolen an M109A6 Paladin from the inept battery. It was pretty funny actually. Mainly because the driver was this hillbilly kid from West Virginia and there were at least 10 dudes hanging out all the hatches just spraying blank rounds everywhere.

Some turncoat Afghan police stole an armored humvee from a sister company of ours. Just drove out with it.

Our attached dudes shot up one of our patrols "by accident" who returned fire and killed two of them. The next day every single one of them was gone, deserted. Not without taking most of our LAW rockets though. Stole them right under our noses. We had an SNCO sacked for that one.

It is absolutely plausible.
GinMan
AG
Eliminatus said:

GinMan said:

B.S.

This is truly up there with our Holocaust denier we had a few years ago..

I had a family friend/coworker that could prove him otherwise…Holocaust definitely real..

I'm not saying this conflict in Ukraine isn't real…. I'm just saying that something just ain't right about it all…. "Something is rotten in the state of Ukraine"… at the expense of our tax dollars
AgBank
AG
GinMan,

You are correct, there is and will always be propaganda with war. War is expensive. Sadly for the lives of young Ukes and Russian, this is the best way it could play out for the safety of the West.

You should read Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger. While not Kissinger's main point, he really dives into the history of many proxy wars or "realpolitik". It is a very old and very effective strategy. It may be expensive, but it is a far less expensive (lives, money etc) way of neutralizing Putin's Russia than any other alternative. The examples include Richelieu using it to neutralize the Holy Roman Empire (Spain / Germans +), Metternich holding off the Russians, Bismarck uniting Prussia ("Germany") against Austria and the larger French threat.

Catholic Cardinal Richelieu even funded protestants to fight France's Catholic enemies. Proxy wars work.

J. Walter Weatherman
GinMan said:

Eliminatus said:

GinMan said:

B.S.

This is truly up there with our Holocaust denier we had a few years ago..

I had a family friend/coworker that could prove him otherwise…Holocaust definitely real..

I'm not saying this conflict in Ukraine isn't real…. I'm just saying that something just ain't right about it all…. "Something is rotten in the state of Ukraine"… at the expense of our tax dollars

So if you think that "something ain't right" then what exactly do you think is happening there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.