Bin Laden's seized letters

4,584 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by txags92
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

So we defeated them, surprising them with our patriotism and resolve….

Only to carry out his anti-American vision ourselves by electing Joe anyway
We didn't elect Joe. They seized power.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Win At Life
AG
amercer said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

Because that was the reaction from the previous 8 years. Bill Clinton ruined the reputation of this country with his soft stances on foreign policy and focus on domestic politics. It was basically an afterthought that's been biting us in the ass for the last 20 years.
I get that, but its a matter of scale. 9/11 was far beyond anything that happened in the 90s under Clinton.

He probably didn't think they would kill 3000 people. I'm not sure we go to war if it was just the 4 planes going down. Wrecking Manhattan is a different thing though.

Remember, he PLANNED to hit both the US capital and the White House. They missed. Even if nobody got killed, there's no way you could think to torpedo both the US capital and the White house and not believe they're coming at you with everything they got. Yeah, miscalculation on his part there.
12th Man Stan Account
AG

Quote:

Because that was the reaction from the previous 8 years. Bill Clinton ruined the reputation of this country with his soft stances on foreign policy and focus on domestic politics. It was basically an afterthought that's been biting us in the ass for the last 20 years.

Bin Laden looked at recent history (Clinton's terrorism responses, Somalia, Vietnam protests, reaction to Iraq "highway of death" in US media, etc) and American liberals and came to the conclusion that the US did not have the stomach for war and violence, and that attacks on US soil would cower Americans and politicians. He's the perfect example of why projecting strong power and being willing to get dirty are necessary tools in diplomacy. Without them, no one takes soft power and words seriously, and the real ***holes of the world think violence will be enough to push you around.

Absolutely. So many in our country still don't understand this.
zgolfz85
AG
the biden comments should be plastered across every media channel that isn't left wing corrupt...and repeated until everyone and their dog knows it
The Collective
AG
Kind of makes me wonder if Osama really believed the towers would come down killing thousands of people.
DTP02
AG
policywonk98 said:

Just think. That Biden assessment is likely one that exists inside an intelligence briefing of every country's state department equivalent on the planet.

And that was before his mental acuity was seriously eroded by his progressively worsening dementia.
Boo Weekley
Panama Red said:

Was he just not very bright?

I don't know how anyone would possibly think the US would just do some limited air strikes in the face of something so far beyond any previous terror attack.
No kidding...how could anyone possibly think that an unimaginably horrific attack, that killed THOUSANDS of Americans on live TV and brought the nation to it's knees, would NOT push us to some type of fake slap on the wrist response?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Panama Red said:

I don't know how anyone would possibly think the US would just do some limited air strikes in the face of something so far beyond any previous terror attack.

Did you not live through the Clinton years? We did almost nothing foreign policy wise unless it was focused on getting Clinton's woes off the news. We cut and run in Somlia. We did nothing in response to Embassy bombings in Africa in 1998. We hadn't really done anything in response to the Cole attack. The only response we made was when Clinton ordered an air strike based on bad intel and the strike didn't do much other than destroy factories. During this period the idiots in charge felt the way to deal with terrorists was by criminal sanctions rather than a war-based mindset. Everyone knows the latter is the only one that works.

Then Clinton's VP Gore won the popular vote against Bush in 2000, so OBL probably thought it things weren't going to change much. He was wrong but his thinking, at the time, wasn't totally irrational.
SJEAg
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Kind of makes me wonder if Osama really believed the towers would come down killing thousands of people.

I recall an interview where he stated that he did not expect that to happen at all.
nortex97
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Panama Red said:

Did you not live through the Clinton years? We did almost nothing foreign policy wise unless it was focused on getting Clinton's woes off the news. We cut and run in Somlia. We did nothing in response to Embassy bombings in Africa in 1998. We hadn't really done anything in response to the Cole attack. The only response we made was when Clinton ordered an air strike based on bad intel and the strike didn't do much other than destroy factories. During this period the idiots in charge felt the way to deal with terrorists was by criminal sanctions rather than a war-based mindset. Everyone knows the latter is the only one that works.

Then Clinton's VP Gore won the popular vote against Bush in 2000, so OBL probably thought it things weren't going to change much. He was wrong but his thinking, at the time, wasn't totally irrational.
You left off the part where Clinton declined to have Bin Laden killed. He thought it was funny. Didn't want to kill any innocents in Kandahar. Ya know, gotta play nice, no worries about those embassy bombings in Kenya etc.
txags92
AG
Daddy said:

Dems are setting up to remove biden
Hes destroying anything they have to salvage
And replace him with what? Kamala is seen as a worse disaster than Brandon, and the next in line is Pelosi, who appeals to about 20% of the electorate.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.