Woke A&M - White Males Need Not Apply

16,652 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Look it up
NicosMachine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My soon-to-be high school senior wanted to visit Mays Business School. We looked up what opportunities the school presented to those who might want to attend. The Leadership Academy looked great. We read further and found out they don't want whites. They are very clear about it. The focus on skin color is disgusting and rather retrograde. It's embarrassing for our school, but I guess you have to do it after spending millions on "diversity and inclusion".

https://mays.tamu.edu/office-of-diversity-and-inclusion/mtla/
Eso si, Que es
Two white dudes in that group photo. Just tell your children they are 1/1024 something not white.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
I am missing the part where whites are not allowed? Apply anyway. If denied sue the jar; out of them for racism
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
File5
AG

C@LAg
NicosMachine said:

My soon-to-be high school senior wanted to visit Mays Business School. We looked up what opportunities the school presented to those who might want to attend. The Leadership Academy looked great. We read further and found out they don't want whites. They are very clear about it. The focus on skin color is disgusting and rather retrograde. It's embarrassing for our school, but I guess you have to do it after spending millions on "diversity and inclusion".

Hell I was denied grad school admission in the 90s to Mays (MIS degree) because they wanted more minorities in the program, and had to wait another year for admission. I got this straight from Dr. Fowler, and those of you who knew him know he was not one to bull**** anything.

Ended up completing enough credits for a second undergrad degree in the interim, then started a year later than I wanted.
NicosMachine
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

I am missing the part where whites are not allowed? Apply anyway. If denied sue the jar; out of them for racism
The application states "MTLA is a program designed for student from underrepresented groups. Do you identify with any of the groups below?"

They have boxes to check. White is not an option. Then they warn you must agree:

That information provided by you about you and your student is accurate and does not misrepresent the identity of you or your student;
LegalDrugPusher
F diversity by enforcement! Diversity is only genuine when it comes naturally
TyHolden
AG
2021 - 63% Women.....who is the biologist?

https://mays.tamu.edu/ms-business/current-class-profile/
NicosMachine
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Two white dudes in that group photo. Just tell your children they are 1/1024 something not white.
They must have lied about their race. Here is a link to the application. White ain't an option. Maybe their parent(s) didn't go to college. That is considered "underrepresented".

https://recruiter.tamu.edu/register/mtl_academy2022
LegalDrugPusher
It's so obvious they want no part of white people!! But I guarantee they won't turn white peoples $$ donors etc
Ol Rock
AG
Everybody is a part of at least one minority group, just part the game better. Just select other.

Left handed
Religious
Vision impaired (wear glasses)
A man attending college
Other

Also, what is a latinx? Is it like a mexican sphynix?
gkaggie08
AG
I helped with a SBP campaign during my time as a student, 2005ish. Candidate was a white male. While in a campaign a workshop, the topic of diversity recruitment came up. My response was that we needed to recruit the best high school students from the state regardless of race. You would have thought I yelled the n word by the reaction I got.

I can't imagine how bad it is today
Invincible Aggie
Eso si, Que es said:

Exactly. What are they going to do, swab you? Mandatory DNA testing for graduate school should put an end to this "higher" education charade in one fell swoop.
rwtxag83
AG
This is total BS and should not be allowed at A&M.
Greater love hath no man than this....
XXXVII
Not another dime
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
McKelveysCurse
Woke....what exactly is it? Is it like a religion? Do all the TAMU departments bow at its alter?

I mean...ALL of the departments..
D-Fens
The wokest are going with "Inclusion Equity & Diversity", no joke. Ironically it will ultimately blow up unexpectedly like an "IED.
JPAg88
AG
OP is right. Texas A&M has become a woke, bloated, virtue signaling, diploma mill that is more interested in "diversity & inclusion" than admitting qualified students that will go on to be productive contributors to the economy and lifetime monetary contributors to the school.

My youngest son was in the top 8% of his private HS graduating class with a strong SAT score, so two years ago he could've been automatically admitted to A&M. He is also a great athlete and didn't want to give up playing football, so he went to a D-III here in Texas to chase his dream (where he received a Presidential academic scholarship). After 3 semesters at that school as a Finance major, he earned a 3.75 GPA which was the highest in the football program. He hurt his knee last fall, so he decided to hang up his cleats and transfer to A&M for Fall 2022 to work toward the Aggie ring & diploma just like Dad ('88) and his older brother ('18) did. He knew it would be extremely tough to transfer into Mays to continue in Finance, so he applied for a B.S. in Economics thinking his chances of acceptance would be better.

So, even with an outstanding academic record from a great high school and a tough private university, numerous achievements in the classroom and on the athletic field, keeping a 3.75 GPA in a rigorous BBA degree plan while dealing with the insane time commitment of playing QB on the football team, and a strong application essay (including an extra bull crap "our University core values are diversity & inclusion…what do you think?" essay required by the College of Liberal Arts)…he received an automated letter a few weeks ago stating his transfer admission request was denied. And NO ONE in the admissions department will tell him why!

Obviously, my personal ox has now been gored by the PC beast and I'm rightfully pissed about it…but I've heard numerous stories like this over the past few years from other students and parents…I just refused to believe it about my school!
Gap
AG
NicosMachine said:

The Mays Transformational Leadership Academy is a program designed for rising high school seniors (students who are current juniors) from underrepresented groups who have an interest in pursuing a business degree.

Perhaps Mays isn't for you and your rising senior if you aren't from an underrepresented group and are trying to join a recruiting program specifically for underrepresented groups. Just saying reading comprehension might be important when applying for colleges in the coming months.
FC12
Might want to take your own advice there regarding reading comprehension.
They were looking for available programs to join and found the Transformational Leadership Academy…then they found out it was exclusive…Looks like their reading comprehension was pretty dang on point.
Gap
AG
Grade inflation is something parents don't quite understand. Sounds like your son was a great candidate with his extracurriculars. Grades and leadership are the things that are a focus. The top 50% in Mays have a 3.8 GPA or above throughout their time at A&M. It is a very competitive school. That is really unfathomable to us older folks. So grades is one component and demonstrated leadership is the other.
tylercsbn9
AG
Invincible Aggie said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Exactly. What are they going to do, swab you? Mandatory DNA testing for graduate school should put an end to this "higher" education charade in one fell swoop.

My wife is Hispanic and we have two boys. You'd never know it looking at them. They damn sure will be checking off Hispanic come application time.

I even check two or more races when applying for jobs. Like you said, what are the going to do? Make me submit a 23 and me?
Gap
AG
FC12 said:

Might want to take your own advice there regarding reading comprehension.
They were looking for available programs to join and found the Transformational Leadership Academy…then they found out it was exclusive…Looks like their reading comprehension was pretty dang on point.
"They were looking for available programs to join"

The "Transformational Leadership Academy" is simply a 5-day program recruiting underrepresented groups. Other schools might have a name like Mosiac (Vanderbilt) which is described as multicultural student recruitment program. They could call it "Underrepresented Group Recruiting Week" but don't.

This isn't that hard. You understand this is a recruiting program not a college course, right?

And A&M ends up with fairly poor results because the students that qualify to be there end up with full rides to "prestige" schools all across the country.
JPAg88
AG
Gap said:

Grade inflation is something parents don't quite understand. Sounds like your son was a great candidate with his extracurriculars. Grades and leadership are the things that are a focus. The top 50% in Mays have a 3.8 GPA or above throughout their time at A&M. It is a very competitive school. That is really unfathomable to us older folks. So grades is one component and demonstrated leadership is the other.

Thanks, Gap. He has both…high grades and demonstrated leadership in both academic and athletic extracurriculars…in HS and in college.

He'll be fine no matter where he goes to school…it's just frustrating what our world (and our University) has become.
Lance Uppercut
AG
If the A&M listed demographic information is correct....total amount of white people admitted is up the past 2 recorded years and overall from even 2016.

White people were 54.46% of all enrolled students in 2020, and 54.10% of male enrolled students.
sharpdressedman
rwtxag83 said:

This is total BS and should not be allowed at A&M.
I agree. However, it is presently the norm at preferred schools.

Diversity is the social currency of academia, and qualified Caucasians with sufficient legal tender funds to pay their way are lower-priority candidates.

This is JMO, based upon interactions with friends, colleagues, and two former regents of our fine university.
FC12
Looking for available programs to join means they were looking at options…could literally be any program with any assortment of requirements. They read the requirements and realized they didn't fit the mold for that specific one. Thus, they comprehended it quite well.
eric76
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Invincible Aggie said:

Eso si, Que es said:

My wife is Hispanic and we have two boys. You'd never know it looking at them. They damn sure will be checking off Hispanic come application time.

I even check two or more races when applying for jobs. Like you said, what are the going to do? Make me submit a 23 and me?
Check Native American, too, while you are at it.
Chuck Gay
AG
3.75 is fantastic with football.
HollywoodBQ
AG
JPAg88 said:

Gap said:

Thanks, Gap. He has both…high grades and demonstrated leadership in both academic and athletic extracurriculars…in HS and in college.

He'll be fine no matter where he goes to school…it's just frustrating what our world (and our University) has become.
Has your son considered Women's Swimming?

That could be his ticket into A&M.

Seriously though, that sucks.
aggrad02
AG
NicosMachine said:

Eso si, Que es said:

They must have lied about their race. Here is a link to the application. White ain't an option. Maybe their parent(s) didn't go to college. That is considered "underrepresented".

https://recruiter.tamu.edu/register/mtl_academy2022

Why can't you select "other"? It doesn't ask for an explanation for other or say that it would disqualify him. Other seems to mean other than the above which would include white male.

I bet they can't discriminate so they set the questionnaire up in this way to obscure.
DogHouse95
AG
What's the world coming to when an organization focused on recruiting underrepresented groups doesn't want white males?!?!? You know, the people who made up 100% of the student population at Texas A&M before 1963.
EX TEXASEX
Hey Everybody. I found the " Systemic Racism " !!!
aggrad02
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Invincible Aggie said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Same here, my wife (class of '01) is from the Dominican Republic and has DNA from 5 continents, our kids look white even though they are 25% African & 5% Native. So they are checking all the boxes.

Interestingly her father (I think class of '63 or '64) would have been considered in the second class of African Americans to graduate from A&M, and has to be one of the first 20, if he would have claimed his African heritage back then. (Dominican culture is also very racist and colorist so though the overwhelming majority have significant African heritage many will not claim it).
TheMasterplan
Why even get a business degree? Get an engineering degree and then work in business.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.