NATO no fly zone over Ukraine?

4,184 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bag
Bag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Bag said:

GAC06 said:

Mutually assured destruction goes both ways
of course, when you dealing with rational people that is true, not when you are dealing a world class sociopath
Why do people keep saying this? He walked into Crimea almost unopposed during Obama. History showed that to have been a good move. He did nothing under Trump (which was also smart), and then waited until Biden to invade Ukraine. He (and virtually everybody else) thought it would be a cake walk a week ago. There is no reason to think he is a sociopath.

Just a run of the mill a-hole who miscalculated.
run of the mill *******s don't threaten a nuclear holocaust, they don't kidnap, torcher, kill and then convict a dead political opponent 3 years after the execution.

If you cant see what we are dealing with here, not sure I can help
WolfCall
AG
Impassioned speech by Ukrainian-born Indiana GOP respresentative Victoria Spartz.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10565543/Ukrainian-American-Rep-tells-Biden-blood-hands-doesnt-send-guns.html
Quote:

'Biden needs to get his act together': Tearful Ukrainian-born GOP Rep. tells President the 'blood of Ukrainians will be on his hands' if he doesn't do more and civilians are being 'slaughtered like animals' by 'crazy' Putin's forces
  • Ukrainian-American GOP Rep. Victoria Spartz said Biden 'needs to get his act together' to stop the 'genocide' against Ukrainian people
  • The Russian attack continues to displaces thousands of Ukrainian children and families in a war that takes aim at civilians and military alike
  • Spartz, 43, was born in Nosivika, a city outside of Kyiv, in 1978 while Ukraine was still under Soviet rule
  • Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in a video address to the UN Human Rights Council that U.S. nuclear capabilities need to be removed from Europe
  • 'It is unacceptable for us that U.S. nuclear weapons still remain in a number of European states,' he warned in the pre-recorded message
  • Diplomats and ambassadors walked out during Lavrov's address
  • The warning comes as Biden prepares to deliver his first State of the Union address on Tuesday night
  • He is expected to take credit for the global response to Russia invading Ukraine
  • Congress is also set to pass a bill next week sending $10 billion in humanitarian and military aid to Ukraine
By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:39 EST, 1 March 2022 | UPDATED: 13:36 EST, 1 March 2022
Strongweasel97
AG
45-70Ag said:

No fly zone is difficult, this isn't Iraq. You have to clear the area and destroy any air defenses then be willing to shoot down every plane that violates it.

If you're willing to do those things, rock on. If not, don't bother.
Yep.

Horse: Striking and eliminating threats, including highly mobile ones. Killing Russians on the ground and in the air. US and Friendly pilots dying.

Cart: No Fly Zone.
Gigem314
AG
Bag said:

basically Putin has the world by the balls, essentially the way hitler did as well, the parallels are undeniable
More like Saddam when he invaded Kuwait.

Russia isn't close to the military power that Germany was in the late 1930's. They're an aging relic with just enough weapons and propaganda to scare people.
aTmAg
AG
Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

GAC06 said:

of course, when you dealing with rational people that is true, not when you are dealing a world class sociopath
Why do people keep saying this? He walked into Crimea almost unopposed during Obama. History showed that to have been a good move. He did nothing under Trump (which was also smart), and then waited until Biden to invade Ukraine. He (and virtually everybody else) thought it would be a cake walk a week ago. There is no reason to think he is a sociopath.

run of the mill *******s don't threaten a nuclear holocaust, they don't kidnap, torcher, kill and then convict a dead political opponent 3 years after the execution.

That's the best examples you can come up with?

You just proved my point.
Bag
AG
aTmAg said:

Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

GAC06 said:

again, threating a nuclear holocaust and have the capabilities to do it is a pretty ****ing good example, hth
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I don't think we must define Putin's failings in terms defined by Hitler.

aTmAg
AG
Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

GAC06 said:

again, threating a nuclear holocaust and have the capabilities to do it is a pretty ****ing good example, hth
Dude, Trump threatened to nuke North Korea. He a sociopath?
aggie93
AG
Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

aTmAg said:

Bag said:

GAC06 said:

Kim has threatened nuclear. Xi has. Pakistan has. Iran can't wait to do so. It's terrible but it's not that unusual unfortunately. Oh, and of course every leader of the USSR that had nukes threatened it as well and came a hell of a lot closer than Putin (especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis).

Putin is a very bad guy but he's still not as bad as Xi nor as ruthless. There is a real possibility that whomever would replace Putin could be worse for that matter. He's a sociopath but he's not insane. He's actually very intelligent. It looks like he just made the biggest mistake of his life in invading Ukraine though and he is a prideful SOB so we will have to see how he reacts. Does he continue to double down until he risks WWIII or a coup at home or does he look for a way to cut his losses and get something for his trouble? No clue.

Oh, and a No Fly Zone is a terrible idea for reasons mentioned. You put in the No Fly AFTER you have secured the area and in order to do that you are going to have US soldiers and airmen fighting Russians and that's a really, really big escalation. The Euros may try and play here but I doubt it. The better and cheaper move is to just squeeze Putin's nuts financially and isolate him. Far more likely to have the desired outcome at this point.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
sharpdressedman
This will be the first time much of the world's population can watch in real time the destruction of a country and the massacre of its people, knowing that the political risk of stopping it outweighed the humanitarian reward.
Bag
AG
sharpdressedman said:

This will be the first time much of the world's population can watch in real time the destruction of a country and the massacre of its people, knowing that the political risk of stopping it outweighed the humanitarian reward.
indeed, except that risk is much more than political risk, the future of the planet hangs in the balance
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.