NATO no fly zone over Ukraine?

4,165 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bag
Raiderjay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Russia can shut of the western supply line to Ukraine this thing is over

Should we shut down Ukraine airspace and secure the western Ukraine supply chain?
Old Army Ghost
that will mean war with russia

notnsaying we shoud or shouldnt but it will be war
TexAgGrad19
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Should we shut down Ukraine airspace and secure the western Ukraine supply chain?
Should we? Probably..but I think that is the fast track to WWIII the moment a NATO member goes kinetic with a Russian asset.
Bag
AG
basically Putin has the world by the balls, essentially the way hitler did as well, the parallels are undeniable
MagnumLoad
Or maybe the world has no balls. So, Putin is willing to be destroyed along with his country? Willing to suicide his country? If so those close to him should take him out.. But if the world is willing to let Russia, and possibly then China, brutalize sovereign nations and expand their borders because of the fear of Russian or Chinese nuclear weapons, they will bend us over. I don't like that position. I would rather die. We need to make, and hopefully have made, it clear to Putin and his buddies, that if he initiates a nuclear attack he and his entire nation will be destroyed.
swampstander
AG
MagnumLoad said:

Or maybe the world has no balls. So, Putin is willing to be destroyed along with his country? Willing to suicide his country? If so those close to him should take him out.. But if the world is willing to let Russia, and possibly then China, brutalize sovereign nations and expand their borders because of the fear of Russian or Chinese nuclear weapons, they will bend us over. I don't like that position. I would rather die. We need to make, and hopefully have made, it clear to Putin and his buddies, that if he initiates a nuclear attack he and his entire nation will be destroyed.
Sad that one man has the fate of the entire word at the tip of his index finger.
GAC06
AG
Bag said:

basically Putin has the world by the balls, essentially the way hitler did as well, the parallels are undeniable

No, Hitler's army was the best in the world at the beginning of WWII. Russia is showing the world they are a paper tiger with nukes. NATO would brutalize Russia in a conventional war.
MagnumLoad
Fortunately, I believe God has the fate of the entire world in His hand. And we all should be on His side.
bmks270
AG
MagnumLoad said:

From Putins perspective, he is taking back Russian territory. He fears NATO conquering those lands. He decided to draw a line with this land grab. He is looking at borders hundreds of years in the past.
UntoldSpirit
AG
Just consider that Putin is more than willing to end the world. He doesn't see the point of the world without a Russia that he controls in it.

I don't think people understand that this is not a board game of Risk. The fate of all humanity is at stake. That has to be a huge factor in any decisions made.
10thYrSr
UntoldSpirit said:

Just consider that Putin is more than willing to end the world. He doesn't see the point of the world without a Russia that he controls in it.

I don't think people understand that this is not a board game of Risk. The fate of all humanity is at stake. That has to be a huge factor in any decisions made.

He can't end the world. He doesn't have enough nukes and he knows that.
You are still innocent until proven guilty. What's changed is what they do to innocent people.

Look closer at your sound card. Does it say "Sorny" or "Panaphonics" on it? Buying computers from a kangaroo in an alleyway will get you what you pay for.
10thYrSr
UntoldSpirit said:

We have all looked at nuke yields, and he can punch us on the jaw, but he can't destroy us. He knows that. He will back down when it can't be perceived as a loss.
You are still innocent until proven guilty. What's changed is what they do to innocent people.

Look closer at your sound card. Does it say "Sorny" or "Panaphonics" on it? Buying computers from a kangaroo in an alleyway will get you what you pay for.
UntoldSpirit
AG
10thYrSr said:

UntoldSpirit said:

You are joking, right?
MagnumLoad
bmks270 said:

MagnumLoad said:

From Putins perspective, he is taking back Russian territory. He fears NATO conquering those lands. He decided to draw a line with this land grab. He is looking at borders hundreds of years in the past.

IDGAF what his perspective is. If he chooses to use nukes he is history and we better make sure he knows that, along with his entire nation.
GAC06
AG
10thYrSr said:

UntoldSpirit said:

You are woefully uninformed. Stop posting nonsense.
TheCougarHunter
AG
GAC06 said:

Bag said:

No, Hitler's army was the best in the world at the beginning of WWII. Russia is showing the world they are a paper tiger with nukes. NATO would brutalize Russia in a conventional war.
Russia sent in their cannon fodder first. It's a common strategy that's been used throughout history. Probe the enemy's weak points and assess their capabilities and seize a few roads and pieces of terrain, set up forward logistics bases. Now they are sending in the main force.
bmks270
AG
MagnumLoad said:

bmks270 said:

MagnumLoad said:

IDGAF what his perspective is. If he chooses to use nukes he is history and we better make sure he knows that, along with his entire nation.

He won't be the only one that is history.
GAC06
AG
I'm not buying that. Ukrainian civilians have taken possession of abandoned T-90's. Their state of the art Iskander missiles can't hit a runway in a neighboring country.

Russia apparently thought they could roll in through the Chernobyl exclusion zone and decapitate the Ukrainian government facing little resistance. They likely will still prevail but they have thoroughly beclowned themselves in the process. They are not scary to the West and it's showing. Excluding their nukes of course.
KSigAg12
AG
The problem is they should be more scared of WW3 with us than we should be of WW3 with them. Stuff like this doesn't happen when that's the case.
Keegan99
AG
10thYrSr said:

UntoldSpirit said:

LOL WUT?!

"Russia has more than 1,500 warheads deployed and almost 3,000 in reserve, according to an assessment published in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists."
Kozmozag
Russia is not going to nuke anyone.
stallion6
AG

No. That is the same as declaring war. We should not advocate sending Americans to fight a war with no clear purpose. Feel free to root for Ukraine because you dislike Russia but let's not be selective in our "so called US values" on which semi-democracies we support.

Yes, I do believe our country no longer has common values and our politicians tell us the values to demonstrate that makes them and their globalist elite all rich.
45-70Ag
AG
No fly zone is difficult, this isn't Iraq. You have to clear the area and destroy any air defenses then be willing to shoot down every plane that violates it.

If you're willing to do those things, rock on. If not, don't bother.
Joes
GAC06 said:

Bag said:

I don't think NATO could brutalize a random assortment of girl scouts and puppies.
nortex97
AG

Emphatically: No. This is the worst possible idea Biden could embrace. First, it's not the Russian Air Force that is determining the war's outcome; it's missile/artillery strikes and columns of armor. But let's look at some of the history of this innocuous sounding idea;

Obama/Hillary embraced this in Libya, which of course is now safe and a wonderful place, right? Oh, nope, that was the mechanic to escalate things further and it has spiralled out of control since.

Oh, but it worked in Syria, right? No, it is still a mess.

Did it actually work in Iraq? No, Schwartzkopff lamented that they just used helicopters, anyway.

Did it work in the balkans? No, it wound up being a way to escalate to bombing runs/attack missions.
Bag
AG
GAC06 said:

Bag said:

If you cant see the parallels the between Hitler and Putin, not sure what to tell you
GAC06
AG
Sure there are similarities, but saying Putin "has the world by the balls" is almost the opposite of what's happening. Putin's army is demonstrating its incompetence on the world stage while the west annihilates the Russian economy. This has been a colossal mistake for Putin.
No Spin Ag
Bag said:

GAC06 said:

Bag said:

If you cant see the parallels the between Hitler and Putin, not sure what to tell you

Agreed. For once this isn't a far fetched comparison.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
GAC06
AG
If Hitler's army stalled against Poland there's be a lot more similarities
UTExan
One way to avoid the no fly zone question is to transfer armed drones to the Ukes, paint Uke insignia on them and use them as the aerial equivalent of ATGMs. They could fly from relatively safe Ukrainian territory or back to the Polish border area. The Russian military already has limited morale and they are in very hostile territory.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Bag
AG
GAC06 said:

Sure there are similarities, but saying Putin "has the world by the balls" is almost the opposite of what's happening. Putin's army is demonstrating its incompetence on the world stage while the west annihilates the Russian economy. This has been a colossal mistake for Putin.
Putin holds the ultimate trump card, he has publicly threatened a nuclear holocaust, if that is not 'having the world by the balls' I don't know what is
GAC06
AG
Mutually assured destruction goes both ways
Bag
AG
GAC06 said:

of course, when you dealing with rational people that is true, not when you are dealing a world class sociopath
WolfCall
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

that will mean war with russia

notnsaying we shoud or shouldnt but it will be war
WWIII has started. The train has left the station.

aTmAg
AG
Bag said:

GAC06 said:

of course, when you dealing with rational people that is true, not when you are dealing a world class sociopath
Why do people keep saying this? He walked into Crimea almost unopposed during Obama. History showed that to have been a good move. He did nothing under Trump (which was also smart), and then waited until Biden to invade Ukraine. He (and virtually everybody else) thought it would be a cake walk a week ago. There is no reason to think he is a sociopath.

Just a run of the mill a-hole who miscalculated.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.