Abbott Says Texas Ready For Winter Storm

3,852 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tanya 93
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasAggiesWin
S
aggie93
AG
One of the few ways the GOP could screw up their path in Texas is a repeat of last year's power issues. Most can accept that it was a one time event and folks were caught off guard but people expect it to be corrected. I hope it has been.
sleepybeagle
AG
Last years freeze was a once in a century event.

This years freeze is normal winter weather.
aginlakeway
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Yep. Last year likely won't happen again in our lifetimes.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
GTdad
I wasn't the least bit worried about it until Abbott said that everything was FINE.
The Collective
AG
This one seems like a slam dunk for his campaign. Have an event that isn't near as stressful to the grid and call it a win when things aren't that terrible.
Irish 2.0
Pretty sure we'll be in at least the 40s during the day during these freeze nights too, which won't give a sustained freeze to cause issues
rangerdanger
AG
sleepybeagle said:

I'm not fooled. He needs to be booted in the primary.
aginlakeway
AG
rangerdanger said:

sleepybeagle said:

I'm not fooled. He needs to be booted in the primary.

OK. But that's not happening. So vote for him in the general election then?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
dmart90
AG
Way to jinx it Abbott!
JDL 96
I Have Spoken said:

This one seems like a slam dunk for his campaign. Have an event that isn't near as stressful to the grid and call it a win when things aren't that terrible.
Disagree. Abbott won't win anything from the voters if power stays on. But he will. get blamed for any outages.
Raiderjay
So I didnt need to buy bleach and duct tape?
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
cmag
aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

Seems like we say that every couple years in Houston and then the rains come and say "hold my beer"
waitwhat?
cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

Seems like we say that every couple years in Houston and then the rains come and say "hold my beer"
It rains in Houston??
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Sounds like a sip frat night.
No Spin Ag
sleepybeagle said:

And yet he's making it seem like he's done something great, when at best he's just doing his job.
cmag
waitwhat? said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

It rains in Houston??
It does! Sometimes like 56 inches apparently.
Tanya 93
We are supposed to get around 9 inches of snow.

Personally, I think five.

Hopefully they plow the cul de sac tomorrow so someone can go to school.

aginlakeway
AG
cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

OK. But Texas will very likely not get another week like we had last February in our lifetimes. The odds are very high.
TRX
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Don't forget to wrap your pipes!
FJB
cmag
aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

OK. But Texas will very likely not get another week like we had last February in our lifetimes. The odds are very high.

I'm only 42ish and I wouldn't bet any amount of money on that. How many times have you heard someone say that in your lifetime? I know most people here have shifted the goal posts from "climate change doesn't exist" to either it's no big deal or people didn't do it, but I've had a lot of once-in-a-lifetimes in my lifetime.

To keep this on topic: this is a non-event, Abbott's a w****
Muy
AG
He's going to claim that - because of his leadership - this year was so much better. Nevermind this is a meh winter storm.
Gigem314
AG
GTdad said:

I wasn't the least bit worried about it until Abbott said that everything was FINE.
Texans to Abbott after watching DeSantis:

Texans to Abbott after watching Beto:

No Spin Ag
Gigem314 said:

GTdad said:

Texans to Abbott after watching DeSantis:

aggie93
AG
aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

The only event that was close was when we had the big snow in the '80s. Lived in San Antonio and it snowed 11 inches and the previous 100 year record was 3. So it will happen again sometime but probably not for a couple decades at least, it really takes a perfect confluence of events for it to occur South of Waco, especially in San Antonio or Houston.

The rain/flooding issue is going to be ongoing as long as we have so many people living in an area with that type of ground near the coast. Wildfires are also going to continue to be a problem with population growth and strain on water resources, I expect we will see another Bastrop fire type issue again when we have our next nasty drought, . Lots we can and are doing to prepare but in the end having 10's of millions of people with so many continuing to move here causes problems that are hard to forsee.
My Name Is Judge
God

What a hero Abbott is

Give that man another wind award
Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
aginlakeway
AG
cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

I'm only 42ish and I wouldn't bet any amount of money on that. How many times have you heard someone say that in your lifetime? I know most people here have shifted the goal posts from "climate change doesn't exist" to either it's no big deal or people didn't do it, but I've had a lot of once-in-a-lifetimes in my lifetime.

OK. I'll take that bet. What are the metrics we are using? How about consecutive hours under freezing? The DFW area had 222 straight hours in 2021. The Houston area had 112 straight hours. Both shattered previous records.

aginlakeway
AG
aggie93 said:

aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

The only event that was close was when we had the big snow in the '80s. Lived in San Antonio and it snowed 11 inches and the previous 100 year record was 3. So it will happen again sometime but probably not for a couple decades at least, it really takes a perfect confluence of events for it to occur South of Waco, especially in San Antonio or Houston.

The rain/flooding issue is going to be ongoing as long as we have so many people living in an area with that type of ground near the coast. Wildfires are also going to continue to be a problem with population growth and strain on water resources, I expect we will see another Bastrop fire type issue again when we have our next nasty drought, . Lots we can and are doing to prepare but in the end having 10's of millions of people with so many continuing to move here causes problems that are hard to forsee.

Yep. The Houston area had 112 straight hours under freezing. Dallas had 222 hours. Insane.
cmag
aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

OK. I'll take that bet. What are the metrics we are using? How about consecutive hours under freezing? The DFW area had 222 straight hours in 2021. The Houston area had 112 straight hours. Both shattered previous records.

Sounds good. We'll be generous and say I live to 2050. Bookmarked.
AG @ HEART
Irish 2.0 said:

Pretty sure we'll be in at least the 40s during the day during these freeze nights too, which won't give a sustained freeze to cause issues
Big, Big difference from last year's freeze. So basically a normal freeze for us.
Ag with kids
AG
aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

True.

I live on N Padre Island and it was below freezing for almost 72 hrs here...That's unheard of...
Ag with kids
AG
aggie93 said:

aginlakeway said:

cmag said:

aginlakeway said:

sleepybeagle said:

I lived in SA for that, too...completely blew the old record away.
Rapier108
Lefitsts are hoping and praying to Molech that the grid completely collapses and we're thrown into a week long blackout with hundreds if not thousands dead.
End Of Message
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'll tell you that the RRC is an incompetent agency and isnt ready for **** (except the primary election and probably not even that).
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.