Conservatives moving to Texas.

5,723 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was trimming a tree outside of my house in DFW while wearing my sons baseball team shirt which has the Cubs emblem on it. A car pulls over and it was a couple in their early 40's driving. The man says "love the shirt! We're from Chicago just looking around different neighborhoods for a potential move."

I told him the shirt was my kids baseball team but I was a bandwagon fan of the Cubs when they won the series. Told him Southlake was a great town but there are plenty around DFW. Told him we love transplants, especially conservative ones. He said " that's the reason we're moving. We can't take Chicago's politics anymore.

I feel like the transplants I have met from Illinois, California and New York have been 4:1 conservative or libertarian and tired of living in **** holes. Hope my little sample is true.
AggieIce
AG
I really hope so as well, if TX goes then the republic is officially lost
C@LAg
sadly they are being outnumbered by liberals moving to texas.
Spaceship
AG
I live in a suburb north of DFW with a lot of out-of-staters too, and the overwhelming majority that I've met are conservative, common sense folks who were tired of where they were.
Signel
AG
C@LAg said:

sadly they are being outnumbered by liberals moving to texas.
This. The poor are the ones being displaced by the terrible policies. It is clearly by design with the intent to take full control of the country by flipping a few red states. The poor folks aren't moving to southlake and other nice areas.. They are moving to the big cities and into cheap apartments. This is evident by crime exploding around the state in major urban areas.
MaxPower
Beware, their definition of conservative and yours might not be the same…..
TyHolden
AG
i was in austin suburb yesterday at a sports bar. halfway through the horns game, half the tvs are switched to golden state game. crowd erupts.
richardag
Yesterday said:

I was trimming a tree outside of my house in DFW while wearing my sons baseball team shirt which has the Cubs emblem on it. A car pulls over and it was a couple in their early 40's driving. The man says "love the shirt! We're from Chicago just looking around different neighborhoods for a potential move."

I told him the shirt was my kids baseball team but I was a bandwagon fan of the Cubs when they won the series. Told him Southlake was a great town but there are plenty around DFW. Told him we love transplants, especially conservative ones. He said " that's the reason we're moving. We can't take Chicago's politics anymore.

I feel like the transplants I have met from Illinois, California and New York have been 4:1 conservative or libertarian and tired of living in **** holes. Hope my little sample is true.
Another small ray of hope.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
mosdefn14
AG
Had a new couple join my DU committee this week, just moved to DFW from the Seattle suburbs. Quoted the same reason for moving (obviously). Husband is a heavy equipment operator and is already wearing a cowboy hat.
richardag
Spaceship said:

I live in a suburb north of DFW with a lot of out-of-staters too, and the overwhelming majority that I've met are conservative, common sense folks who were tired of where they were.
Little rays of hope adding up.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
sam callahan
a Chicago conservative is a Texas democrat.
richardag
MaxPower said:

Just a little humor
azul_rain
plot twist, i dont want more people here period
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Pookers
AG
hedge said:

plot twist, i dont want more people here period
This, we're full.
TX04Aggie
AG
Ive got 3 chicago transplant neighbors. Luckily they are all very friendly, conservative and hate the mess they left behind….
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
rguff38
S
Pray for conservatives !!
halfastros81
AG
Anecdotal but I have a friend who has three new neighbors from Cali and he says they are all at least right of center. Montgomery county.

The only reason I can think of that poorer people would
Move to Texas would be …..jobs/economic opportunities. Now … can they make the connection between why there are jobs here and not where they came from? No say.

Why would your card carrying Illinois or Cali inner city leftist move to Houston/DFW inner city?
AgGrad99
AG
MaxPower said:

Yep.

There is a disassociation with many of these people. They vote the politicians into office, and then complain about their cities being ruined. I want to believe they have learned their lesson, but I am very skeptical.

Locusts.
Ag with kids
AG
My new-ish neighbor is from California.

He's definitely conservative. He flew a Trump flag for the election...

And he's got 2 German Shepherds - Ruger and Kimber...
evan_aggie
AG
AggieIce said:

Its not if but when. The rio grande valley population growth and immigration will be sufficient to tip the scales BLUE in 6-10 years if that.
halfastros81
AG
Why do you assume they will vote leftist? Not saying they won't, just trying to understand your point.
K2-HMFIC
I think the term is:

"Right Flight"
evan_aggie
AG
halfastros81 said:

Why do you assume they will vote leftist? Not saying they won't, just trying to understand your point.

Fastest growing population/voter base. South texas + influx of people from other states will turn Texas blue..

Keegan99
AG
evan_aggie said:

AggieIce said:

Its not if but when. The rio grande valley population growth and immigration will be sufficient to tip the scales in 6-10 years if that.

Did you look at how the border counties voted in 2020?
C@LAg
K2-HMFIC said:

I think the term is:

"Right Flight"
no. it is still white flight, white conservatives and the white liberals with their bad policies and voting habits
evan_aggie
AG
Keegan99 said:

evan_aggie said:

AggieIce said:

Its not if but when. The rio grande valley population growth and immigration will be sufficient to tip the scales in 6-10 years if that.

Did you look at how the border counties voted in 2020?

Is this a rhetorical question or did I miss the point of the post?
Keegan99
AG
I'm asking if you looked at those results?

Specifically, how they compared to 2016.
evan_aggie
AG
I meet 4:1 that are liberal as any you'd meet and don't see the connection to their expensive former state.
evan_aggie
AG
Keegan99 said:

Let me Google that for you....

2016 Election Texas Results

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_Texas

country
AG
The Border Counties are there for the taking if R's will just work for it. Trump 2020 showed that crystal clear. Starr freaking county nearly went for Trump. If you've never been to Rio Grande City, you probably don't understand the significance of that.

Edit…I forgot that Zapata County actually did go for Trump. Cameron and Hidalgo were many points closer than they had been in several decades.
Ag with kids
AG
evan_aggie said:

Keegan99 said:

He said the 2020 map. Not the 2016 map.
evan_aggie
AG
Ag with kids said:

evan_aggie said:

Keegan99 said:

Well I can see this is sort of a pointless circle **** if people aren't aware the valley has been predominantly blue and liberals (not conservatives) are swinging the state.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Texas_Presidential_Election_Results_2020.svg

Y'all have fun sticking your head in the sand or believing fantasy. Personally, I'd rather the GOP get smarter...

Ag with kids
AG
evan_aggie said:

Ag with kids said:

evan_aggie said:

Keegan99 said:

Well I can see this is sort of a pointless circle Jerk if people aren't aware the valley has been predominantly blue and liberals (not conservatives) are swinging the state.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Texas_Presidential_Election_Results_2020.svg

Y'all have fun sticking your head in the sand or believing fantasy. Personally, I'd rather the GOP get smarter...

TEN border counties flipped in 2020 from 2018.

TEN. If you don't understand that's a big deal, I can't help you...

Not only that...but in 2016, there were SIX heavily Dem counties...there were ZERO in 2020...
evan_aggie
AG
Ag with kids said:

evan_aggie said:

Ag with kids said:

evan_aggie said:

Keegan99 said:

Well I can see this is sort of a pointless circle Jerk if people aren't aware the valley has been predominantly blue and liberals (not conservatives) are swinging the state.

TEN border counties flipped in 2020 from 2018.

TEN. If you don't understand that's a big deal, I can't help you...

Right. Well thank goodness Elections are decided by how many counties flip and not based on electorates or population! My mistake.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.