Cannabis Compounds Block COVID-19 From Entering Body, Study Finds

2,850 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Maybe Next Year
Gator92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Potvermectin

Quote:

New research found cannabis compounds, cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), can block the ceullar entry of COVID-19 and emerging variants from infecting human cells.

Richard van Breemen at Oregon State's Global Hemp Innovation Center in the College of Pharmacy and Linus Pauling Institute discovered the pair of cannabinoid acids (CBGA & CBDA) binds to the COVID-19 spike protein, blocking the critical step the virus needs to infect people.

"Our research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against variants of SARS-CoV-2, including variant B.1.1.7, which was first detected in the United Kingdom, and variant B.1.351, first detected in South Africa," van Breemen said.
Quote:

"Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2.
"CBDA and CBGA are produced by the hemp plant as precursors to CBD and CBG, which are familiar to many consumers. However, they are different from the acids and are not contained in hemp products," he said.
Don't plan on rolling a joint or packing a bong full of cannabis like Cheech & Chong would, rather researchers said, "these compounds can be taken orally and have a long history of safe use in humans."
Quote:

"The benefit for preventing viral infection of cells must come from cannabinoid acids, which are heat sensitive and must not be smoked, or it would convert them to CBD and so forth," van Breemen said. "So that wouldn't work for the antiviral effect."
The findings were published in the Journal of Natural Products on Monday.
Besides cannabis, other therapeutics may help people combat the infection. Just yesterday, Project Veritas leaked military documents that show DARPA supports Ivermectin as a COVID treatment.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cannabis-compounds-block-covid-19-entering-body-study-finds

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

FriscoKid
AG
Some Germans come in late from the countryside to put the unvaxed into the boxcars.
Love Gun

**** Joe Biden
Gator92
AG
FriscoKid said:

Some Germans come in late from the countryside to put the unvaxed into the boxcars.
Guess I should put myself in a boxcar.

Delete thread. Ban user.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Do the boxcars have wifi?
IronRed13
AG
Can't be true. Rogan got 'rona
C@LAg
Ban duplicate subject posts.

and pot.

everywhere.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3265753
lb3
AG
If a stoner gets a cold COVID, would they even notice?
WHOOP!'91
AG
Would a CBD supplement contain said cannaboid acids? If you're not supposed to smoke it, what is the recommended form of ingestion?

Having had the 'rona at least once, it's something I might take measures to avoid going through again.
administrative errors
Most or all of the cannabinoids have an acid precursor.

Most change from heat, or decarboxylation, I'm limited in my organic chemistry knowledge so apologies if I'm brutalizing the science.

Getting the acid form of the cannabinoid into your system without it breaking down isn't very easy, as your stomach acid usually changes the composition as well and hard to predict the %'s of how the cannabinoid(s) convert.

There's some hubbub on a very stony version of THC being more present in edibles due to the stomach conversion.

I can't believe most of you guys haven't been like head over heels reading the material coming out of the industry. It's fascinating science and cutting edge research. Love it.

This particular study is not from human trials and not very useful other than a headline.
milner79
lb3 said:

If a stoner gets a cold COVID, would they even notice?

Jimmy McNulty
AG
My pothead nephew has covid right now.
administrative errors
Cool starry bra.

Cacpodcast.com for those interested in more cannabinoid science in podcast form
Fightin2010
AG
Would've gone with "high-vermectin" personally.
Icecream_Ag
S
Jimmy McNulty said:

My pothead nephew has covid right now.
to be fair the article does say that smoking the weed destroys the acids that actually have the benefits
TxTarpon
GASP!!
If only Peter Tosh had lived to see this day.....

Warning! The Surgeon General warns
Cigarette smoking is dangerous, dangerous
Hazard to your health
Does that mean anything to you?

Then legalize marijuana, yeah
Right here in Jamaica
I'm say it cure glaucoma
I man a de Bush Doctor

So there'll be
No more smokin' and feelin' tense
When I see them a come
I don't have to jump no fence

Legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
Only cure for asthma, yeah
I man a de Minister (of the Herb)

So there'll be no more
Police brutality
No more disrespect
For humanity

Legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
It can build up your failing economy
Eliminate the slavish mentality

There'll be no more
Illegal humiliation
And no more police
Interrogation

Legalize marijuana
Down here in sweet Jamaica
Only cure for glaucoma
I man a de Bush Doctor

So there be
No more need to smoke and hide
When you know you're takin'
A legal ride

So legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
It's the only cure for glaucoma
I man a de Minister

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
administrative errors
administrative errors said:

Most or all of the cannabinoids have an acid precursor.

Most change from heat, or decarboxylation, I'm limited in my organic chemistry knowledge so apologies if I'm brutalizing the science.

Getting the acid form of the cannabinoid into your system without it breaking down isn't very easy, as your stomach acid usually changes the composition as well and hard to predict the %'s of how the cannabinoid(s) convert.

There's some hubbub on a very stony version of THC being more present in edibles due to the stomach conversion.

I can't believe most of you guys haven't been like head over heels reading the material coming out of the industry. It's fascinating science and cutting edge research. Love it.

This particular study is not from human trials and not very useful other than a headline.

However, if the information is right, here's the cannabinoid product for Covid:
https://fluxxlab.com/product/cbda-cbga-immune-support-special-formulation/

Quote:

CBDA + CBGA Immune Support Special Formulation
$89.00

Get amazing immune support from FluxxLab's newest and most economical combination CBDa and CBGa tincture.

More convenient than ever before, and available up to an amazing 2,250mg mg per bottle, FluxxLab's Immune Support tincture is also a complete full spectrum CBD tincture with Beta Caryophyllene.

Researchers have very recently discovered that CBDa, and CBGa bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19.

As the compounds bind to the spike protein, they can prevent the virus from infecting cells and causing infection.

Full disclosure: at one point I almost created a business white labeling FluxxLab that I didn't pursue. They are respected friends of mine but I have zero business relationship other than occasionally consuming their products, which I think are top of the line quality. Their products are some of the most bioavailable I've seen on the market.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
mwp02ag
AG
"
I can't believe most of you guys haven't been like head over heels reading the material coming out of the industry. It's fascinating science and cutting edge research. Love it."

Result of the ~80 year misinformation campaign by our gaslighting government. So many people are so sure pot is the devil they'll never seek any personal experience to make up their own minds.
K2-HMFIC

GRAPESODA!!!!!
Boo Weekley
mwp02ag said:

"
I can't believe most of you guys haven't been like head over heels reading the material coming out of the industry. It's fascinating science and cutting edge research. Love it."

Result of the ~80 year misinformation campaign by our gaslighting government. So many people are so sure pot is the devil they'll never seek any personal experience to make up their own minds.

I kind of wish everyone would just try it once in a small to moderate amount. They may not like it, they may not even get very high at all…but they would see that it isn't the devil or some crazy mind bending drug and they'd at least have some perspective. And there's no chance of addiction from just trying it once like you might face with more serious drugs.
Ag with kids
AG
Gator92 said:

Potvermectin

Quote:

New research found cannabis compounds, cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), can block the ceullar entry of COVID-19 and emerging variants from infecting human cells.

Richard van Breemen at Oregon State's Global Hemp Innovation Center in the College of Pharmacy and Linus Pauling Institute discovered the pair of cannabinoid acids (CBGA & CBDA) binds to the COVID-19 spike protein, blocking the critical step the virus needs to infect people.

"Our research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against variants of SARS-CoV-2, including variant B.1.1.7, which was first detected in the United Kingdom, and variant B.1.351, first detected in South Africa," van Breemen said.
Quote:

"Orally bioavailable and with a long history of safe human use, these cannabinoids, isolated or in hemp extracts, have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2.
"CBDA and CBGA are produced by the hemp plant as precursors to CBD and CBG, which are familiar to many consumers. However, they are different from the acids and are not contained in hemp products," he said.
Don't plan on rolling a joint or packing a bong full of cannabis like Cheech & Chong would, rather researchers said, "these compounds can be taken orally and have a long history of safe use in humans."
Quote:

"The benefit for preventing viral infection of cells must come from cannabinoid acids, which are heat sensitive and must not be smoked, or it would convert them to CBD and so forth," van Breemen said. "So that wouldn't work for the antiviral effect."
The findings were published in the Journal of Natural Products on Monday.
Besides cannabis, other therapeutics may help people combat the infection. Just yesterday, Project Veritas leaked military documents that show DARPA supports Ivermectin as a COVID treatment.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cannabis-compounds-block-covid-19-entering-body-study-finds

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

So....what you're saying is...EDIBLES!!!
administrative errors
Nano-encapsulated cannabinoids delivered sublingually for efficacy, consistency, and speed of delivery.

I don't find edibles that interesting.

Edit: edibles don't really work for me too, that prolly plays a role in my position, but I just don't think the consistency is a good thing overall.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
MaroonStain
AG
I've been partaking in CBD gummies since the COVID sham started...no COVID...

Fast forward to 2022 and get a new job with a drug screen, I stop all edibles and got COVID last week.

Ripley's Believe It....Or Not...
doubledog
Quote:

Cannabinoid acids from hemp (Cannabis sativa) were found to be allosteric as well as orthosteric ligands with micromolar affinity for the spike protein.

most organic acids will hydrogen bond to the COVID-19 spiked proteins... Not news...
It is just the delivery mechanism that people enjoy...
Maybe Next Year
AG
I'm skeptical. KeKe, Slim Thug, etc all got Covid… no shortage of Weed in those Fellas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.