Dick Cheney finds the "Strange New Respect"

3,926 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember when they hated this guy?

https://archive.ph/Mvb1S

Quote:

While most Republicans were absent on Capitol Hill for the Jan. 6 anniversary Thursday, one of the party's most prominent elder statesmen was there.

ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl spoke to former Vice President Dick Cheney just off the House floor.
Quote:

He added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution."

He noted that his daughter, Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., is an exception. She is the vice chair of the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol, and has come under heavy fire from fellow Republicans.
Quote:

Cheney then went to the House floor with his daughter -- he has lifetime floor privileges as a congressman who held the seat she now occupies -- to observe a moment of silence.

One by one, Democratic members, including some liberals who castigated him and his politics when he was vice president -- approached him to shake his hand and pay their respects.
Quote:

When asked for his reaction to Republican leadership's handling of this day, Cheney -- not one to mince words -- said, "Well, it's not a leadership that resembles any of the folks that I knew when I was here for 10 years -- dramatically."

Rep Liz Cheney said it was "very concerning," adding, "I think a party that is in thrall to a cult personality is a party that is dangerous to the country, and I think we clearly have got to get to a place we are we are focused on substance and on issues."
Isn't it interesting how that works? Everything is okay as long as you show fealty and agreement to the Democrat/media position. Amazing how this happens with Cheney, Bush, Romney, McCain, and really everyone who doesn't smack them around hard enough.

Obligatory Styx rant on the topic. It's a good one.
AgNav93
AG
**** him and his robot heart.
Gigem314
AG
They hated Ford, until he was out of office and started criticizing his own party.
They hated Bush 41, until he was out of office and was nice to Clinton...and later criticizing his own party.
They hated GWB, until he was out of office and started criticizing his own party.
They hated Reagan...until over a decade after his passing so they could use his personality against Trump.

Funny how that pattern works.
Tex117
AG
Well, I agree with him.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
CDUB98
AG
Dick is just another big gov't progressive.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Once you realize that liberals are soulless people who would sell out their own mother if it meant political victory the world makes a lot more sense. There are so many many examples.
Gigem314
AG
\ said:

Everything is okay as long as you show fealty and agreement to the Democrat/media position.
These political families become celebrities after all their time in the spotlight...and they live in a bubble. So it's not surprising they bend the knee. They have no connection with the average American. All they care about is the appearance of cordiality. The Republican party and conservatism is now expendable for them, they don't need it anymore.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Disappointed in Wyoming… a lot.
sleepybeagle
AG
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.
As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
That is why the world hates you.
- John 15:19
aggieforester05
AG
It would be one thing for them to criticize the Republican party if they were equally (if not more) critical of the Democrat party, but they actually legitimize the lies of Democrats while ignoring the extremely dangerous behavior of Democrats and their media propagandists. I don't get it. How can they not see the Democrat party for the corrupt degenerate liars that they are? Disgusting and self serving at best!
Wabs
AG
Dems all loved Trump until he decided to run for POTUS.
AgBQ-00
AG
Swamp creature is a swamp creature. Imagine that. Eff the establishment of both parties
Whitehouse Road
AG
Draft dodger
TX_COWDOC
AG
AgNav93 said:

**** him and his robot heart.
MGS
I didn't realize he was still alive.
nortex97
AG
Gigem314 said:

They hated Ford, until he was out of office and started criticizing his own party.
They hated Bush 41, until he was out of office and was nice to Clinton...and later criticizing his own party.
They hated GWB, until he was out of office and started criticizing his own party.
They hated Reagan...until over a decade after his passing so they could use his personality against Trump.

Funny how that pattern works.
They also hated Nixon, from the get go (he helped Eisenhower get elected).
They also hated Ike, whom Truman claimed 'he never thought a Republican candidate would stoop so low."
Before that, they hated Teddy Roosevelt and William Taft, in favor of the harsh bigot Wilson (before Carter probably our worst POTUS).

Lest we forget our history, the 'progressive' left always denigrates/insults/dismisses conservatives.
policywonk98
AG
The Democrats and media class literally called this man a war criminal.

No retractions have been issued that I know about.

Just another datapoint that ALL of this is political theatre to create advantage for the Democrats specifically and the political elites of both parties in general, which are dominated by corporate globalists.

Both sides engage. Democrats are simply far more ruthless and their messages far more amplified and solidified with the mainstream media and now Big Tech carrying and endorsing their negatice messages about Constitutional Originalism, GOP, Trumplicans, Conservatives, Rural America, Conservative Christians, Conservative Minorities, Frustrated Working Class, and on and on.

McCain innercircle was primary, but Bush and Cheney innercircles were also why I left Washington. I had a first hand look into McCains innercircle. And very close sources in both Bush and Cheney circles. Disheartening to say the least.

Rongagin71
AG
policywonk98 said:

Just another datapoint that ALL of this is political theatre to create advantage for the Democrats specifically and the political elites of both parties in general, which are dominated by corporate globalists.

Both sides engage. Democrats are simply far more ruthless and their messages far more amplified and solidified with the mainstream media and now Big Tech carrying and endorsing their negatice messages about Constitutional Originalism, GOP, Trumplicans, Conservatives, Rural America, Conservative Christians, Conservative Minorities, Frustrated Working Class, and on and on.

McCain innercircle was primary, but Bush and Cheney innercircles were also why I left Washington. I had a first hand look into McCains innercircle. And very close sources in both Bush and Cheney circles. Disheartening to say the least.

I've always thought Cheney was owned by the Defense Industry, am I close?
Waffledynamics
AG
policywonk98 said:

I'm curious if you saw anything like what Marjorie Taylor Greene mentioned on Timcast IRL recently. I posted a link to the segment and included a summary. If what she said is true, it's disgusting how rotten to the core the whole Congress is. Can you corroborate?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3264214/replies/61220339
Win Smith
AG
The world is headed back toward its natural order, authoritarianism. It's really exceptional that the West, specifically America has lasted this long with freedom prevailing. The Cheneys just see that we're headed toward one-party oligarchical rule and are kissing the ring. In the new/natural world order of our fallen world, a few benefit massively while the vast majority are left in the cold. The Cheneys are well positioned to be one of those few who massively benefit. You and I are not. But can you really blame the Cheneys for taking that opportunity more than any other lost, evil person?

I for one will be okay when the American experiment fails and the oligarchs secure our last remaining freedoms because I put my hope in Jesus and the kingdom of heaven.

Meanwhile, I hope a red wave in November prolongs the American experiment.
4stringAg
AG
Quote:

I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution
LOL. The people he embraced yesterday wipe their ass with the Constitution daily and he's got the temerity to utter the above quote.
FratboyLegend
Gigem314 said:

\ said:

Everything is okay as long as you show fealty and agreement to the Democrat/media position.
These political families become celebrities after all their time in the spotlight...and they live in a bubble. So it's not surprising they bend the knee. They have no connection with the average American. All they care about is the appearance of cordiality. The Republican party and conservatism is now expendable for them, they don't need it anymore.
Exactly this.
#CertifiedSIP
annie88
AG
better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution.

Yes because the Democrats are so trying to restore the constitution. Oh no wait they're ****ting all over it.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
zephyr88
AG
FDC and FLC
nortex97
AG
policywonk98 said:

Totally agree/can see how this is true. That he is now a shameless shill for the leftists today running the Dem-CCP party is truly disheartening.
hbtheduce
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Nah, she won't get re-elected. Didn't the Wyoming GOP label her as "not a Republican". She is cozying up to the media to get a cushy job like McCains daughter
nortex97
AG
hbtheduce said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Nah, she won't get re-elected. Didn't the Wyoming GOP label her as "not a Republican". She is cozying up to the media to get a cushy job like McCains daughter
She will absolutely be a speaker @ the 2024 DNC convention. If her dad is still alive he will probably introduce her. "McCain-Cheney-Romney" will probably be a 'unity' message for whoever their CCP nominee is. Possibly W as well.
jrdaustin
AG
This is actually sad for me, though I should have seen it coming. I went through the Bush years thinking that Cheney was a stabilizing and right-leaning message in W's ear. I began to be concerned when Liz left the reservation and shattered the Reagan rule. This current comment is just the icing on the cake.

Turns out I gave Cheney much more latitude and respect than he deserved.
Who we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
SouthTex99
AG
nortex97
AG
jrdaustin said:

This is actually sad for me, though I should have seen it coming. I went through the Bush years thinking that Cheney was a stabilizing and right-leaning message in W's ear. I began to be concerned when Liz left the reservation and shattered the Reagan rule. This current comment is just the icing on the cake.

Turns out I gave Cheney much more latitude and respect than he deserved.
I wouldn't blame yourself. The swamp was tough to see, for a long time.

Liz might wind up being the Dem CCP VP nominee in 2024. That was not something the typical voter could envisage back in 2000, and even if so wouldn't have justified voting for Al Gore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.