Politics
Sponsored By

WSJ Editorial: How Fauci and Collins Shut Down Covid Debate ... & Dr. Chan - Lab Lea

2,866 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by WolfCall
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fauci and Collins abusing authority to crush scientific debate.....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fauci-collins-emails-great-barrington-declaration-covid-pandemic-lockdown-11640129116?mod=opinion_lead_pos3
Quote:

How Fauci and Collins Shut Down Covid Debate
They worked with the media to trash the Great Barrington Declaration.
By The WSJ Editorial Board Dec. 21, 2021 6:47 pm ET
In public, Anthony Fauci and Francis Collins urge Americans to "follow the science." In private, the two sainted public-health officials schemed to quash dissenting views from top scientists. That's the troubling but fair conclusion from emails obtained recently via the Freedom of Information Act by the American Institute for Economic Research.

The tale unfolded in October 2020 after the launch of the Great Barrington Declaration, a statement by Harvard's Martin Kulldorff, Oxford's Sunetra Gupta and Stanford's Jay Bhattacharya against blanket pandemic lockdowns. They favored a policy of what they called "focused protection" of high-risk populations such as the elderly or those with medical conditions. Thousands of scientists signed the declarationif they were able to learn about it. We tried to give it some elevation on these pages.

That didn't please the lockdown consensus enforced by public-health officials and the press. Dr. Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health until Sunday, sent an email on Oct. 8, 2020, to Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

"This proposal from the three fringe epidemiologists . . . seems to be getting a lot of attention and even a co-signature from Nobel Prize winner Mike Leavitt at Stanford. There needs to be a quick and devastating published take down of its premises," Dr. Collins wrote. "Is it underway?"

These researchers weren't fringe and neither was their opposition to quarantining society. But in the panic over the virus, these two voices of science used their authority to stigmatize dissenters and crush debate. A week after his email, Dr. Collins spoke to the Washington Post about the Great Barrington Declaration. "This is a fringe component of epidemiology," he said. "This is not mainstream science. It's dangerous." His message spread and the alternative strategy was dismissed in most precincts.

Dr. Fauci replied to Dr. Collins that the takedown was underway. An article in Wired, a tech-news site, denied there was any scientific divide and argued lockdowns were a straw manthey weren't coming back. If only it were true. The next month cases rose and restrictions returned.

Dr. Fauci also emailed an article from the Nation, a left-wing magazine, and his staff sent him several more. The emails suggest a feedback loop: The media cited Dr. Fauci as an unquestionable authority, and Dr. Fauci got his talking points from the media. Facebook censored mentions of the Great Barrington Declaration. This is how groupthink works.

On CBS last month, Dr. Fauci said Republicans who criticize him are "really criticizing science, because I represent science. That's dangerous." He isn't "science." And it's also dangerous for scientific officials to mobilize to quash dissent, without which it's easy to make tragic mistakes. A scientific debate over pandemic policy was and still is in the public interest, especially during a once-in-a-century plague.

Focused protection of nursing homes and other high-risk populations remains the policy road not taken during the pandemic. Perhaps this strategy wouldn't have prevailed if a debate had been allowed. But it isn't enough to repeat, as Dr. Collins did on Fox News Sunday, that advocates are "fringe epidemiologists who really did not have the credentials," and that "hundreds of thousands of people would have died if we had followed that strategy."

More than 800,000 Americans have died as much of the country followed the strategy of Drs. Collins and Fauci, and that's not counting the other costs in lost livelihoods, shuttered businesses, untreated illnesses, mental illness from isolation, and the incalculable anguish of seeing loved ones die alone without the chance for a family to say good-bye.

Rather than try to manipulate public opinion, the job of health officials is to offer their best scientific advice. They shouldn't act like politicians or censors, and when they do, they squander the public's trust.

Appeared in the December 22, 2021, print edition as 'How Fauci and Collins Shut Down Debate.'

https://nypost.com/2021/12/22/dr-alina-chan-doubles-down-on-covid-19-origin-theory/
Quote:

After death threats, Dr. Alina Chan doubles down on COVID-19 origin theory

By Michael Kaplan New York Post December 22, 2021 6:55am Updated

Dr. Alina Chan has seen her work called a "farce" by the New Republic and "goofy" by Texas A&M head of biology Benjamin Neuman. China's government-run Global Times newspaper maintained that she had "filthy behavior and a lack of basic academic ethics." Readers of the article noted Chan's Chinese heritage and called her a "race traitor."

She's also faced "death threats" all because the molecular biologist believes that the COVID-19 virus likely came out of a lab at China's Wuhan Institute of Virology.

"The threats are significant," Chan, a postdoctoral researcher at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, told The Post. "But I don't like being painted as a damsel in distress. I am not a victim. I don't want to encourage people. I don't want them to think, 'The threats are not working on her. We should step it up.' The more I talk about threats, the more they happen."

That said, she knows there are risks to speaking out about what she believes.,,,,

Operating like a biological detective, the Ivy Leaguer has "a lot of circumstantial evidence for lab origin. One thing that gives me this opinion is a [leaked proposal] created in 2018."

As she explained to the Science Select Committee, the leaked proposal showed that the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the global nonprofit EcoHealth Aliance "were developing a pipeline for inserting novel furin cleavage sites into the spike proteins that allow a coronavirus to latch onto the host cell and open the door of the host. Without them, there would be no pandemic."...




You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
Clob94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A week ago this story broke. I posted it on here. Nobody really responded. Now, here comes the WSJ.


Hopefully this story gains more traction. Fauci needs to be tried for sedetion and hung for treason. He has committed egregious crimes against the citizens of this country.
kag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will all be buried by the MSM just like the un-approved opinions talked about in the article. The media/medical establishments/liberal population have invested too much into their theories to even consider they may be wrong. It is a mental problem at this point.
leachfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully these death threats are investigated so the perpetrators are dealt with. Maybe Jussie will have room in his cell for them.
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What Dr. Fauci did was unconscionable and unethical. Question remains was it illegal. Dr, Fauci and all his family's finances should be transparently, honestly and thoroughly investigated.
And all this time I thought the destruction of evidence under subpoena was illegal.
so anyway
DrEvazanPhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
richardag said:

What Dr. Fauci did was unconscionable and unethical. Question remains was it illegal. Dr, Fauci and all his family's finances should be transparently, honestly and thoroughly investigated.
His medical licensing should be stripped immediately.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many people died because of Fauci?
Marcus Brutus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People look back on history and ask, how could this evil leader come to power, how could Jim Jones deceive all those people , etc... It makes no sense and should have been evident that destruction would follow.

That's why Fauci has not been hung on the nearest tree and is still listened to. People worship Fauci and nothing that surfaces will change their minds. The guy is not even technically strong in his field. He flips flops all the time and makes inaccurate technical statements.
Marcus Brutus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

... "goofy" by Texas A&M head of biology Benjamin Neuman


has that stupid SOB been terminated yet?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I sometimes wonder why In the past their was something called vigilante justice?
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

Quote:

... "goofy" by Texas A&M head of biology Benjamin Neuman


has that stupid SOB been terminated yet?

Here is what I found:
https://temag.tamu.edu/directory/benjamin-neuman/
Quote:

Dr. Benjamin Neuman has been involved in coronavirus research since 1996, and published over 50 peer-reviewed papers on coronavirus molecular biology. He has studied the SARS coronavirus, other human coronaviruses, and several kinds of animal coronaviruses. Dr. Neuman worked with a structural proteomics team at the Scripps Research institute that solved the structures of several important virus proteins including the SARS coronavirus nsp1, nsp3, nsp10 and nsp15. Dr. Neuman's areas of interest include cryo-electron microscopy, as a tool to understand how new virus particles are assembled, and TEM as a way to understand the role of intracellular membranes in formation of the double-membrane replicative organelle that functions as a factory producing new viral components. Dr. Neuman has also been involved in designing and testing several coronavirus treatments, including antisense, protein and small molecule inhibitors for antiviral therapy.

https://www.bio.tamu.edu/faculty-webpage-ben-neuman/
Quote:

Ben Neuman, Professor
Joined the Department in 2021
B.S., 1997, University of Toledo, Biology
Ph.D., 2001, University of Reading (UK), Animal and Microbial Sciences
Postdoctoral Research, The Scripps Research Institute, Virology

You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
FJB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WolfCall said:

Marcus Brutus said:

Quote:

... "goofy" by Texas A&M head of biology Benjamin Neuman


has that stupid SOB been terminated yet?

Here is what I found:
https://temag.tamu.edu/directory/benjamin-neuman/
Quote:

Dr. Benjamin Neuman has been involved in coronavirus research since 1996, and published over 50 peer-reviewed papers on coronavirus molecular biology. He has studied the SARS coronavirus, other human coronaviruses, and several kinds of animal coronaviruses. Dr. Neuman worked with a structural proteomics team at the Scripps Research institute that solved the structures of several important virus proteins including the SARS coronavirus nsp1, nsp3, nsp10 and nsp15. Dr. Neuman's areas of interest include cryo-electron microscopy, as a tool to understand how new virus particles are assembled, and TEM as a way to understand the role of intracellular membranes in formation of the double-membrane replicative organelle that functions as a factory producing new viral components. Dr. Neuman has also been involved in designing and testing several coronavirus treatments, including antisense, protein and small molecule inhibitors for antiviral therapy.

https://www.bio.tamu.edu/faculty-webpage-ben-neuman/
Quote:

Ben Neuman, Professor
Joined the Department in 2021
B.S., 1997, University of Toledo, Biology
Ph.D., 2001, University of Reading (UK), Animal and Microbial Sciences
Postdoctoral Research, The Scripps Research Institute, Virology


Probably on this site as a vax pumper.
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJB said:

WolfCall said:

Marcus Brutus said:

Quote:

... "goofy" by Texas A&M head of biology Benjamin Neuman


has that stupid SOB been terminated yet?

Here is what I found:
https://temag.tamu.edu/directory/benjamin-neuman/
Quote:

Dr. Benjamin Neuman has been involved in coronavirus research since 1996, and published over 50 peer-reviewed papers on coronavirus molecular biology. He has studied the SARS coronavirus, other human coronaviruses, and several kinds of animal coronaviruses. Dr. Neuman worked with a structural proteomics team at the Scripps Research institute that solved the structures of several important virus proteins including the SARS coronavirus nsp1, nsp3, nsp10 and nsp15. Dr. Neuman's areas of interest include cryo-electron microscopy, as a tool to understand how new virus particles are assembled, and TEM as a way to understand the role of intracellular membranes in formation of the double-membrane replicative organelle that functions as a factory producing new viral components. Dr. Neuman has also been involved in designing and testing several coronavirus treatments, including antisense, protein and small molecule inhibitors for antiviral therapy.

https://www.bio.tamu.edu/faculty-webpage-ben-neuman/
Quote:

Ben Neuman, Professor
Joined the Department in 2021
B.S., 1997, University of Toledo, Biology
Ph.D., 2001, University of Reading (UK), Animal and Microbial Sciences
Postdoctoral Research, The Scripps Research Institute, Virology


Probably on this site as a vax pumper.
Probably likes to Salute things.
Central Committee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fauci and Collins are just like the global warming alarmists. Shut down all dissenting opinions. Chairman Mao would be proud.

What they did was criminal, and darn close to RICO level activity in my opinion. But working in the political theatre and being the darling of the communists in Congress and the White House, they will never face justice.
policywonk98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reactions to Chan by American scientific community really seems to shine a spotlight on just how bad the Chinese funding of American science has become.


Continued drip drip drip of Fauci and Collins behind the scenes is pretty scary stuff. Couple this with FBI and Counter-Intelligence activities behind the scenes to frame a sitting president and labeling American Government as downright evil is becoming less farfetched.
OldArmyBrent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clob94 said:

A week ago this story broke. I posted it on here. Nobody really responded. Now, here comes the WSJ.


Hopefully this story gains more traction. Fauci needs to be tried for sedetion and hung for treason. He has committed egregious crimes against the citizens of this country.

I'm sure someone told you that it couldn't be true because of the source, didn't they? Someone saluting vaccines probably thought they could just discredit the source and not have to deal with the fact their whole worldview was based on a lie.
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clob94 said:

A week ago this story broke. I posted it on here. Nobody really responded. Now, here comes the WSJ.


Hopefully this story gains more traction. Fauci needs to be tried for sedetion and hung for treason. He has committed egregious crimes against the citizens of this country.


More like crimes against humanity.
Clob94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OldArmyBrent said:

Clob94 said:

A week ago this story broke. I posted it on here. Nobody really responded. Now, here comes the WSJ.


Hopefully this story gains more traction. Fauci needs to be tried for sedetion and hung for treason. He has committed egregious crimes against the citizens of this country.

I'm sure someone told you that it couldn't be true because of the source, didn't they? Someone saluting vaccines probably thought they could just discredit the source and not have to deal with the fact their whole worldview was based on a lie.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3259968/replies/61080209


Here's my thread from last week.
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/12/21/francis-collins-confronted-about-calling-great-barrington-declaration-authors-fringe-epidemiologists-n2600873
Quote:

Collins Confronted About Calling Great Barrington Declaration Authors 'Fringe Epidemiologists'
Leah BarkoukisLeah Barkoukis| @LeahBarkoukis|Posted: Dec 21, 2021 2:00 PM

Outgoing National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins stood by his email referring to the authors of The Great Barrington Declaration as "fringe epidemiologists," despite credentials from Oxford, Harvard, and Stanford.

The Oct. 4, 2020 declaration called for Focused Protection instead of lockdown policies, which the authors argued lead to "devastating effects on short and long-term public health."

"The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk," the wrote. "Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19."

In an email to Dr. Anthony Fauci and others at NIH, Collins said "there needs to be a quick and devastating published take down of its premises."

He noted that the declaration is "getting a lot of attention and even a co-signature from Nobel Prize winner Mike Leavitt at Stanford."


You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.