UK Considers banning private car ownership

4,689 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
medwriter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TxTarpon said:

Just ride motorcycles.

The limey's make a good one.

They are trying to bring these brands back from the dead.

If everyone rode motorcycles, I'd have no problem at all. But it's all those careless, text reading, otherwise distracted drivers of cars that I'm afraid of. I won't get on a motorcycle anymore because of all the distracted drivers.
Maroon Dawn
AG
YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Wont be hard here-- lots of 16-18 year old slugs dont even care about getting their license. I knew one parent who MADE their kid go get his.

I have noticed that in the last few years as well. I think it is so freaking bizarre. I couldn't wait to get mine at the stroke of my 16th birthday. Thankfully mine was during the week if it had fallen on a Sunday I think it would've driven me nuts.

I just can't figure it out. Are the parents not encouraging it? Are the kids seriously too scared to drive? What is driving this?
Kids these days live their lives online and virtually. Driving and being out and about takes away from their virtual life.

This is also why Zuckerberg and others are going all-in on the Metaverse. The generations behind us will only be doing things in the real world at the bare minimum to support their virtual life.

I posted a link on the RE board about online RE being the future and practically got laughed off the board because everyone thought it was idiocy. Clear indication that most of those folks are around my age because that's the future whether we agree with it or not.

Discounting the metaverse is equal to discounting the internet when it first came out.

Exactly

Who needs a house a car or real food when your rental sleep cube and bug paste keeps your body alive and the rest of your life is purely on virtual/online
YouBet
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Wont be hard here-- lots of 16-18 year old slugs dont even care about getting their license. I knew one parent who MADE their kid go get his.

I have noticed that in the last few years as well. I think it is so freaking bizarre. I couldn't wait to get mine at the stroke of my 16th birthday. Thankfully mine was during the week if it had fallen on a Sunday I think it would've driven me nuts.

I just can't figure it out. Are the parents not encouraging it? Are the kids seriously too scared to drive? What is driving this?
Kids these days live their lives online and virtually. Driving and being out and about takes away from their virtual life.

This is also why Zuckerberg and others are going all-in on the Metaverse. The generations behind us will only be doing things in the real world at the bare minimum to support their virtual life.

I posted a link on the RE board about online RE being the future and practically got laughed off the board because everyone thought it was idiocy. Clear indication that most of those folks are around my age because that's the future whether we agree with it or not.

Discounting the metaverse is equal to discounting the internet when it first came out.

Exactly

Who needs a house a car or real food when your rental sleep cube and bug paste keeps your body alive and the rest of your life is purely on virtual/online
There is a interview with Keanu Reeves posted on the Matrix 4 thread on Entertainment where he relates a conversation he had with a friend's kids. He explains the plot of the Matrix to the kids who haven't seen The Matrix and he asks them what they think about the idea of not living in the real world. The kids respond that they don't care if they don't live in the real world. They want to be virtual.

It's frightening.
Boo Weekley
YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Exactly

There is a interview with Keanu Reeves posted on the Matrix 4 thread on Entertainment where he relates a conversation he had with a friend's kids. He explains the plot of the Matrix to the kids who haven't seen The Matrix and he asks them what they think about the idea of not living in the real world. The kids respond that they don't care if they don't live in the real world. They want to be virtual.

It's frightening.

That's crazy. But I think some of you might be exaggerating a bit. Go to an A&M football game, go hang around campus or just College Station in general or any college town. The vast majority of kids are still living in the real world and loving it. Northgate always bumping too.

Almost all of my friends have multiple children and they all seem to be living lives very similar to us. Playing sports, in recitals, having with friends etc.
B-1 83
AG
medwriter said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

You know who WILL own cars after they are banned?

The oligarchs and the state. Because they need cars to get around to make the best decisions for the serfs.

Its like what we have now with these worthless elites flying around to conferences on climate change policy.
We're returning to the days of feudalism. Are you a Vassal, Lord, or Fief?
Hunger Games!!!!!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
I am always wrong
A liberal wet dream. They'll start dropping hints about this in the U.S. within two years. Fascist ****s.
medwriter
YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Exactly

It's frightening.
Frightening to say the least. I don't blame it on the kids, it's society and the parents. They are being molded into the perfect vessel for what the globalists want. It is sad, truly sad. Children are our future and will one day be our leaders. If we don't raise them right, we will pay the price - and that price will be very steep. On a side note, I really like Keanu Reeves' movies. I don't know what kind of person he is but to be honest, I do not care. I think he keeps his thoughts on politics and such to himself, for which I am grateful. I can't take another Hollywood "idol" spewing their crap over the airwaves because they think what they have to say is so important.
YouBet
AG
medwriter said:

YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Exactly

It's frightening.
Frightening to say the least. I don't blame it on the kids, it's society and the parents. They are being molded into the perfect vessel for what the globalists want. It is sad, truly sad. Children are our future and will one day be our leaders. If we don't raise them right, we will pay the price - and that price will be very steep. On a side note, I really like Keanu Reeves' movies. I don't know what kind of person he is but to be honest, I do not care. I think he keeps his thoughts on politics and such to himself, for which I am grateful. I can't take another Hollywood "idol" spewing their crap over the airwaves because they think what they have to say is so important.
He thought this kids' response was "awesome". However, he's generally a fantastic human by all accounts. I've never really seen his actual political views stated anywhere.
medwriter
YouBet said:

medwriter said:

YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Exactly

It's frightening.
He thought this kids' response was "awesome". However, he's generally a fantastic human by all accounts. I've never really seen his actual political views stated anywhere.
I'm so happy to hear that. He's not so into himself like the majority of Hollywood. I knew there was something I liked about him besides his acting, which is pretty darn good in and of itself.
YouBet
AG
medwriter said:

YouBet said:

medwriter said:

YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

YouBet said:

annie88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Exactly

It's frightening.
I'm so happy to hear that. He's not so into himself like the majority of Hollywood. I knew there was something I liked about him besides his acting, which is pretty darn good in and of itself.

There are too many stories to count of him just hanging out in public with complete strangers, giving money to people in need randomly and out of the blue. And these stories are never shared by him. People will just pop up and share that one time Keanu saved their life (financially) or did some random ass charitable deal out of the blue.

Dude is almost a mythical Good Samaritan.
MouthBQ98
AG
The Matrix was prescient regarding its narrative about an ideal world, a utopia failing. Man doesn't like a utopia. Man is uncomfortable, and destructively bored in a perfect world. If chaos, trouble, misery, and destruction did not exist, we would, out of boredom or in spite of lack of purpose, cause chaos and act in malice just to make the world interesting or to spite our own utopian state. Man doesn't want to exist in a utopia. We want to have a feeling of purpose and a direction in which to direct our hopes and efforts. We want to struggle to achieve, not just to have. Out happiness is progress towards goals, not resting idly on our laurels.
ProgN
The reset after "The Great Reset" will be bloody and I'll celebrate when these elites are eliminated.
agenjake
They don't have a soul like a Vincent '52
ProgN
MouthBQ98 said:

The Matrix was prescient regarding its narrative about an ideal world, a utopia failing. Man doesn't like a utopia. Man is uncomfortable, and destructively bored in a perfect world. If chaos, trouble, misery, and destruction did not exist, we would, out of boredom or in spite of lack of purpose, cause chaos and act in malice just to make the world interesting or to spite our own utopian state. Man doesn't want to exist in a utopia. We want to have a feeling of purpose and a direction in which to direct our hopes and efforts. We want to struggle to achieve, not just to have. Out happiness is progress towards goals, not resting idly on our laurels.

This rant was also prescient.
rgag12
AG
Tex117 said:

I was there day freakin 1 for my license.

Most kids that aren't in urban city centers are still that way. There've always been a few kids that are scared of the responsibility/consequences
Bobaloo
Sounds like a GREAT idea. People drive cars, in general, to either make or spend money. So how are folks in rural areas going to get around - horses?
nortex97
AG
Bobaloo said:

Sounds like a GREAT idea. People drive cars, in general, to either make or spend money. So how are folks in rural areas going to get around - horses?
Clearly, the globalist left sees rural areas as a problem, in need of a collective solution (which invariably won't work well). The beating heart of the left resides in the brainwashed masses of the urban population, where so many adherents to fascism/socialism reside.

Having to take a group transport solution to the grocery store alone sounds miserable. But I imagine drone deliveries, 'free' healthcare/housing (and occasional energy/electricity), plus very controlled ability to get information (internet regulations a la China) will please some people.

Make no mistake, the American left as well dreams of being able to debate/implement such a set of policies/world; the Democratic Party (and White House itself) is run by the CCP/Soros.
TxTarpon
Love those!
Put some miles on one out west years ago.

Have you checked out the Chief?

I want to ride one.
The dual shocks on the back should make it ride better than HD's Softail line.

I love my Electra Glide, but the Chief looks like a great ride too.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
TxTarpon

Quote:

They don't have a soul like a Vincent '52

Right you are sir!
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon

Quote:

If everyone rode motorcycles, I'd have no problem at all. But it's all those careless, text reading, otherwise distracted drivers of cars that I'm afraid of. I won't get on a motorcycle anymore because of all the distracted drivers.
Sadly you identify the biggest road hazard of all right there.
A-holes will not kill you, it would stop and ruin their day.
The clueless will kill you.

-BarronVonAwesome

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.