***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,180 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp, that dude is dead
flakrat
AG
GAC06 said:

HvilleAggie said:

deddog said:

GAC06 said:

I'm aware of who backed who. I'm talking about the tactic.
It might have changed the face of warfare as we know it

Go on….
(I'm genuinely curious)

Cheap off the shelf drones can provide real time targeting information for old school artillery. Artillery is the king of battle.

Modern drones designed as weapons can loiter and provide reconnaissance then "suicide" into high value targets with a built in warhead. There aren't really systems in place to shoot these things down. They're low cost, high reward.

I forget the name of the book series I read (Russia and China invade USA under the guise of peace keeping forces).

Later in the books when we start to engage the PLA, their infantry are equipped with small suicide drones used to take out machine gun nests, and other infantry targets.

The US starts to arm squads with shotguns to take them out. Only affective way found in the book.
pdc093
The guy who called Nick Sandmann a "Snot-nose little kid", NOW says this about Biden:

Certifiable.
Sea Speed
AG
Deleted. What did it say?
flakrat
W
AG
if I remember correctly...Russia's big military advantage back in the day against the West was artillery.

self-propelled, towed, and the MLRS. They had so much of that.

is this still the case today?
Whirligigs
W said:

if I remember correctly...Russia's big military advantage back in the day against the West was artillery.

self-propelled, towed, and the MLRS. They had so much of that.

is this still the case today?

No because the Soviets have to produce everything.l now. During ww2 we gave them tons of supply chain infrastructure (trucks, radios, etc) and all they had to do was build artillery and tanks.

Gabster43213
Biden and some networks say that Russia has invaded Ukraine.

CNN reports that Russia is moving into position to invade.

Which is it ?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Gabster43213 said:

Which is it ?

I mean…

Rossticus
Gabster43213 said:

Which is it ?

Depends on what your definition of "invade" is.

EastSideAg2002
I know we do not want soldiers on the ground, but how effective would our drone support be as "peacekeepers"?
GAC06
AG
Not at all without fighters and anti air

Here's a Georgian drone meeting a Russian MiG

AgsMnn
AG
Rossticus said:

Gabster43213 said:

Which is it ?

Depends on what your definition of "invade" is.

He did or did not invade M L?
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

As much as I hate it, their best chance is to let them advance and try to engage in denser urban areas in order to minimize Russian advantages.

It'll trash Ukraine but they can rebuild. If you lose it doesn't matter what's left standing.
pdc093
How convenient.

Lockhart stated that the people in this country should be thanking God that Biden brought back true leadership to the Presidency. No MATTER what happens with Russia/Ukraine.

NO WAY he believes that. Yet he wants the REST of the country to believe it?!?
The United States will NEVER be 'united' again. And it breaks my heart for our grown children, and THEIR children.
HOW did we let this happen?
samurai_science
Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

As much as I hate it, their best chance is to let them advance and try to engage in denser urban areas in order to minimize Russian advantages.

It'll trash Ukraine but they can rebuild. If you lose it doesn't matter what's left standing.
Urban warfare can create a tank graveyard, this is the way.
Rossticus
baron_von_awesome said:

Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

Marginalizes air and artillery support as well.
samurai_science
GAC06
AG
If you care about collateral damage
javajaws
AG
Rossticus said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

This is the way
Jayhawk
They definitely improve their odds fighting in urban terrain as opposed to their countryside which as far as I can tell is as flat as the American midwest with the only advantage of turning into a muddy morass in the spring.

But alot of the challenges of urban fighting come from restrictive rules of engagement, which, I suspect, will be less of a hindrance to the Russians than they have been for the Americans.

Soviet doctrine is just to level an entire block with artillery and airstrikes then move in and kill anything that moves. It is still better to defend in urban rubble versus the plains, but its going to be very lethal no matter how you shake it for the Ukrainians.

The most important thing for the Ukrainians will be maintaining the will to fight for the long term. The volume and quality of their fighting is of secondary importance for the foreseeable future. They need to adopt an "Army-in-being" strategy until some unforeseen events may reshape the strategic picture more in their favor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

If it came to it, Russians will drop a building/block without even batting an eye with artillery fire and carpet bombing if it suits their needs IMO. I would not necessarily count on urban warfare repelling the Russians if it gets that far.
JobSecurity
AG
I wonder what it feels like to be Zelensky right now. At any given moment Putin could decide to make the call and he's gone. Hope he trusts his security team. Probably the same for any relatively high level official - knowing they've got a russian watching them
W
AG
Russia's strategy to win will be the same as it was in World War II.

overwhelm with numbers.

destroy 50 of our tanks in Kiev on Monday...another 50 will show up Tuesday morning...and then another 50 on Wednesday, etc..,
GAC06
AG
No, it's not. They don't have the numbers anymore.
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

If you care about collateral damage

If they start vaporizing cities (which, for all anyone knows could be full of people. Might have already been killed by other Russian actions but *shrug* Sound familiar?) for the world to observe in real time then they'll cut themselves off at the knees for decades to come. We'd probably see support from places we never conceived of.

These are European cities that people have been to. The world will be horrified. This isn't some middle eastern wasteland. Every European media outlet will be on top of it with smuggled or leaked footage, social media, etc.

We could decimate them perceptually in the worldwide information space. We conduct cyber warfare to ensure that Chinese citizens get glimpses in spite of their government. Force every eyeball in the world to witness Russian forces razing Kyiv. They're not the only ones who can hybridize. And they know it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GAC06 said:

No, it's not. They don't have the numbers anymore.
Or the money to replace them.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Burrus86
AG
Given that the Big Dogs are gobbling up smaller and weaker countries, does Joe make a grab for Cuba? Epstein Island is a "no go," so I am trying to figure what's in all of this for the USA. Figure that the left will need a people to subjugate to keep up with the Putins.
Rossticus
Burrus86 said:

Given that the Big Dogs are gobbling up smaller and weaker countries, does Joe make a grab for Cuba? Epstein Island is a "no go," so I am trying to figure what's in all of this for the USA. Figure that the left will need a people to subjugate to keep up with the Putins.

Trump just said he wants to go after Mexico so I'm guessing that's the play after 2024.
spadilly
S

GAC06
AG
I feel bad for the people that had to meet that imbecile. In Lithuania or Ukraine or somewhere else.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Rossticus
I bet she didn't stick her big toe across the Ukrainian border. Spent the entire time in Lithuania.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.