***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,456 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09 said:

I have been horrified to see how ill prepared the Ukes have been for this.

after ten months of Putin staging one of the most lethal militaries in the world along their borders...

they are just now inducting new trainees?!?!

that is worth than useless.
javajaws
AG
Which moves faster: a Russian tank stuck in snow or Biden walking to the podium to give a speech?
LMCane
shiftyandquick said:

well, somehow we couldn't defeat the Taliban. Maybe the Ukrainians can be as resourceful as the Taliban.

Unfortunately, the Russkies don't play

they will annihilate any opposition.

they don't have ROE like we do in the US military
Rossticus
Patraeus on Fox:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/patraeus-putin-russia-ukraine-conflict-shock-and-awe

Retired Four Star General David Petraeus joined "Your World" Monday to discuss if a Russian invasion of Ukraine is inevitable and whether Vladimir Putin has set his sights beyond Ukraine and into the Baltic states.

LMCane
javajaws said:

Which moves faster: a Russian tank stuck in snow or Biden walking to the podium to give a speech?
is he wearing a mask-

only to take it off ONCE HE STARTS SPEAKING?
LMCane
AlaskanAg99 said:

The problem is Russia's ability to not only advance, but also hold conquered territory while fighting a brutal guerilla war. Russia is not the USSR, they have a limited supply of bodies to even create an army. The average male lifespan is 64 years and disease/alcoholism/poverty has decimated men in their prime fighting age.

They've been making small advances since 2008, because they cannot sustain a large army while also maintaining an economy that is self sufficient. Which it isn't.
they don't need to hold conqured territory..

after they install a satrapy government loyal to Moscow in Kyiv
Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus said:

Patraeus on Fox:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/patraeus-putin-russia-ukraine-conflict-shock-and-awe

Retired Four Star General David Petraeus joined "Your World" Monday to discuss if a Russian invasion of Ukraine is inevitable and whether Vladimir Putin has set his sights beyond Ukraine and into the Baltic states.

He made a similar point to what I read somewhere else, that NATO is now, more than at any time since the fall of the Soviet Union, aware of the threat and are likely more unified than at any time in recent memory.
lunchbox
Kyiv now...

degreedy
AG
Hi thread, long time listener, first time caller. I cannot wait until the left starts a narrative that this is somehow Trump's fault. Curious to your thoughts. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Not a Bot
AG
NPH- said:

Hi thread, long time listener, first time caller. I cannot wait until the left starts a narrative that this is somehow Trump's fault. Curious to your thoughts. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
I've seen surprisingly little, although I tend to read real news sites. Not even seeing much of that on MSM either.
FTAG 2000
AG
Rossticus said:

AG 2000' said:

Rossticus said:

This is threatening to become a stain on this generation (from an eventual historical perspective) if it transpires uncontested, as anticipated.
You seem way too invested in us going to war to defend a country halfway around the world we have no interest in (well, other than the setup for Congress, Biden, Obama, to launder foreign aid).

Until we secure our southern border, not one single American life should be put at risk for Ukraine.

So how about we focus on not screwing this up and getting a bunch of innocent people killed.
I agree, let's keep our troops out of harms way.

The dip**** in the WH couldn't handle Afghanistan where we could dictate terms. Any troops we send over to Ukraine would be cannon fodder.

No troop should die to protect the Democrat politician family businesses.
jabberwalkie09
AG
NPH- said:

From what I've seen on social media, there's already some comments on how Trump enabled this to happen and enabled Putin. Nothing official for talking points from media groups though
Charpie
AG
Trump could look like a hero and release a statement to say, "If ask I'll talk to Putin."

That would guarantee a Biden loss in two years. Loss of the dems in the midterms, etc. And pretty much a guarantee a reelection.
jetch17
AG
2 minute-warning for peepaw they say
Not a Bot
AG
Biden speech has been brought to the podium. Not that he's going to read from it. There's likely a huge screen somewhere with giant letters.
74OA
AG
It's laughable that Putin thinks receiving (ordering) a rubberstamp of approval from the Duma fools anyone as to who is really calling the shots.

AUTHORIZATION
jabberwalkie09
AG
Biden speaking now
FTAG 2000
AG
NPH- said:

I took a spin around the internet gutter of the left (Twitter).

Their logic on this is that Putin didn't have to do any invading while Trump was in office because Trump was his puppet.

Somehow their logic on Putin taking land under Obama/Biden and now under Biden is that Putin has to because neither Obama or Biden are his puppets.

No, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
Rossticus
NPH- said:

Looks like adults are mostly maintaining sway over the room with regards to Dems, Libs. I've seen a surprising number critical of Biden's tepid response thus far. I'd imagine most serious people will sweep politics aside until we transit this crisis. Anyone not focused on the issue at hand are hacks. After that, all bets are off, though.
aezmvp
NPH- said:

LOL. Yes they will say he was soft on Russia, he was in cahoots with Putin, etc. None of it is true but it reinforces their narrative. Then they will pivot that Biden has had to rebuild our standing in the world and his lack of diplomacy left us isolated. Again 100% false but that's how that will go once the excuses start.
Not a Bot
AG
Here he is.

Russia just announced they are carving out a big chunk of Ukraine. Claiming larger areas under jurisdiction that Ukraine is controlling. He's setting stage for larger invasions.

Sanctions far beyond steps in 2014. If they go further, we'll go further.

Who in the Lord's name does Putin thinks he has the right to declare new countries out of his neighbors?

(I know some can't tell the difference, but my typos are not verbatim)
GarryowenAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Biden speaking now

He's doing awful. Stumbling over himself and chopping up his speech as if he's never seen it before until now.
GarryowenAg
AG
Did he just say we're cutting them off from SWIFT?
Rossticus
Biden is Barely holding it together. Damn.
SupaManu
AG
Jesus he is horrible
jetch17
AG
what a blowhard.
P.U.T.U
AG
I don't think most of the left have any knowledge of why Russia wants to invade Ukraine
Houston Lee
AG
President* Biden said that he is revoking Putin's "Buy One Get One Free" taco coupons from the Taco Bell in Moscow.
Not a Bot
AG
Sanctions:

Full blockage sanctions on BEB and their military bank.

Comprehensive sanctions on sovereign debt, cannot get debt from west.

Imposing sanctions on elites and family members.

Germany Nordstream 2 will not move forward.

We have next moves prepared if Russia goes further.

We will provide defensive assistance to Ukraine. We will reassure NATO allies.

I have authorized additional movements of US troops into Latia, Estonia, Lithuania. These troops were already in Europe. Let me be clear: Purely defensive. Have no intention of attacking Russia. We will defend every inch of NATO territory.
AggieLit
I wonder if Putin is modeling this on the takeover of Novgorod under Ivan III. Forces from Moscow surrounded Novgorod and waited. Nothing went in or out. A series of demands were made. One by one, Novgorod's leaders submitted to the demands, which culminated in Novgorod's government being dissolved, its leading families murdered or deported, and as a final touch, its city bell being shipped off to Moscow to hang in one of Moscow's churches. This was the first major expansion of Muscovy in the post-Mongol era.
Houston Lee
AG
We will defend NATO territory. So come on in and take Ukraine!
Ernest Tucker
AG
lunchbox said:

Kyiv now...

Interesting they would wait so late in the game to do this. I think Putin is hoping some action would be taken against the embassy to have an easier excuse to go all in.
74OA
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Sanctions:

Full blockage sanctions on BEB and their military bank.

Comprehensive sanctions on sovereign debt, cannot get debt from west.

Imposing sanctions on elites and family members.

Germany Nordstream 2 will not move forward.

We have next moves prepared if Russia goes further.

We will provide defensive assistance to Ukraine. We will reassure NATO allies.

I have authorized additional movements of US troops into Latia, Estonia, Lithuania. These troops were already in Europe. Let me be clear: Purely defensive. Have no intention of attacking Russia. We will defend every inch of NATO territory.
Plus, the EU just announced sanctions on every single member of the Russian Duma.
Birdwatcher
AG
These sanctions are sure to hurt trump as well, haha!
jabberwalkie09
AG
GarryowenAg said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Biden speaking now

He's doing awful. Stumbling over himself and chopping up his speech as if he's never seen it before until now.
Jesus, you are not wrong. He's just stating stuff we know and didn't need a crystal ball to divine what would happen.
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.