***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,285 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Whirligigs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kamala doesn't do anything.
Whirligigs
Captain Positivity said:

Don't worry, guys. She's on it!

Talking about wars and what do they do - make sure they put masks on a photo op.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rossticus said:

Sooooo, giant US, UK, EU, Russian coordinated conspiracy? That would be impressive.
After the s*** we've seen over the past 6-years, I take zero things at face value.

Who knows whats really going on.
Rossticus
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Rossticus said:

Sooooo, giant US, UK, EU, Russian coordinated conspiracy? That would be impressive.
After the s*** we've seen over the past 6-years, I take zero things at face value.

Who knows whats really going on.

That's settled it. It's an alien invasion. Smoke em if you got em.
Premium
AG
Ukraine does have dirt on Biden, Hunter - etc, maybe this saves them this time. 10% payoff may be the best thing Ukraine has done for themselves lately.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This whole deal is like a tv show that should have ended three seasons ago.

They just going through the motions.

Parroting back whatever they are told to say.

Moving from one script to another.

Its a spin-off of a spin-off

They ain't even trying anymore.
Premium
AG
I went to Google "Hunter Burisma", and no matter how far I got in the description Google wouldn't auto fill. What and upstanding man, lawyer and painter.

Ag In Ok
AG
It's almost this plays the next part in the great reset.
aggiehawg
AG
Premium said:

I went to Google "Hunter Burisma", and no matter how far I got in the description Google wouldn't auto fill. What and upstanding man, lawyer and painter.

Which kind of idiot names their son Junior after their brother? Or was Hunter the father of Beau's kids too?
Rossticus
YouTube link to Munich Security Conference recordings for those interested. Advance to 11:45 on the linked clip to advance past boring introductory BS. From 19:10 advance to 23:10 to avoid some award and get to the NATO Sec General.

Other officials beginning with chancellor Olaf Scholz, followed by Heels…

Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
K2-HMFIC
LMCane
last night watched "The Kings Man" on HULU which is probably an origin story for Kingsman series.

It was horrendous, but the plot is a massive criminal conspiracy to start World War One with the bad guys placed in Germany, Russia, UK whose task was to get the leadership to go to war against each other
Sea Speed
AG
It is the kingsman origin.
La Bamba
AG
Ok, at the risk of sounding like a completely uninformed dunce and just having started doing a bit of research on the topic, can someone explain to me what the benefit would be, from the Russian perspective, to invade Ukraine?

Yes, I somewhat understand the historical and cultural ties of the Donbas region to Russia, and I also understand the NATO creep eastward/security risk aspect. But Russia is a state and economy built on one thing: oil and gas. And their primary customer is the European continent. Why would they risk severing ties with their biggest customer for a "buffer" zone? If NATO really wanted to send nukes to Moscow, I doubt they would need to station a military base in Ukraine. Is this all just about Putin's projection of power and where he sees himself in the history books 50 years from now? I just don't see the gain being greater than the cost from the Russian perspective. Maybe someone can explain better.
Jayhawk
La Bamba said:

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a completely uninformed dunce and just having started doing a bit of research on the topic, can someone explain to me what the benefit would be, from the Russian perspective, to invade Ukraine?

Yes, I somewhat understand the historical and cultural ties of the Donbas region to Russia, and I also understand the NATO creep eastward/security risk aspect. But Russia is a state and economy built on one thing: oil and gas. And their primary customer is the European continent. Why would they risk severing ties with their biggest customer for a "buffer" zone? If NATO really wanted to send nukes to Moscow, I doubt they would need to station a military base in Ukraine. Is this all just about Putin's projection of power and where he sees himself in the history books 50 years from now? I just don't see the gain being greater than the cost from the Russian perspective. Maybe someone can explain better.
It's tough to put yourselves in the shoes of other cultures and think strategically because the question of what is important and why will be different. Closest analogy would be, imagine if the USA lost the cold war, subsequently was broken up and humiliated, and then an independent Texas (culturally important area to overall American identity) is flirting with the idea of joining the Warsaw Pact. It would perhaps bring into question whether there is any such thing as the USA or America at all, at least as something more than an appendage to the global world order (or "international community as its styled in western media).

Basically, Ukraine is the birthplace of Russian culture and a major economic engine of the Russian empire and Soviet Union since before the time of the first Romanov. From a Russian nationalist's point of view, if Russia cannot assert itself over the Ukraine, is there then any longer such thing as Russia as we understand it?

That's my best stab at it.

A lot of the online right is inundated with Russian influence operations and so youll hear a lot of propaganda about "its like missiles being stationed in Mexico " etc but its not that straightforward. It's deeper than that in my opinion.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
DCPD158
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Yea, they withdraw through Ukraine
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
aezmvp
Irish 2.0 said:

Didn't they just announce they'd be staying? Odd.
Irish 2.0
I thought it was the Belarus that said that, not actually Putin. Can't recall though
black_ice
Fog of war
GAC06
AG
Probably just more disinformation. Like how Russia has been pulling back for days while actually still building up.
AggBock
AG
This whole thing is a sham. They are not invading. The media is blowing it up. I have been saying it for weeks. The news has no explanation of what is going on not any evidence.
gougler08
AG
It's amazing how badly you guys want this to happen. Anytime Irish posts anything from news about de-escalation y'all **** on it immediately
Demosthenes81
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I thought it was the Belarus that said that, not actually Putin. Can't recall though
A distinction without much of a difference.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
GAC06
AG
Well a fair bit of what he posts is garbage. In this case, it's actual information but actions speak louder than words. Even when the words from the Ukrainians contradict other recent statements that there's nothing to worry about.
gougler08
AG
AggBock said:

This whole thing is a sham. They are not invading. The media is blowing it up. I have been saying it for weeks. The news has no explanation of what is going on not any evidence.

I'm in this boat
Irish 2.0
GAC06 said:

Well a fair bit of what he posts is garbage. In this case, it's actual information but actions speak louder than words. Even when the words from the Ukrainians contradict other recent statements that there's nothing to worry about.

Still waiting for them to hop in that time machine and start the imminent invasion this past Wednesday.

I've continuously said Biden is agitating this and basically every foreign policy expert has said the same. But yeah. My posts are garbage.

And congrats on being the first person I've ever used the block feature on.
GAC06
AG
You've said a lot of contradictory nonsense but let's not rehash it again
chickencoupe16
AG
La Bamba said:

It also important to know that Ukraine has a lot of natural resources, heavy steel production, and decent oil and gas fields. Adding it's population would help with the fact that Russia's population dropped by 1 million in 2021. And while Russia has taken Crimea, Ukraine still has a significant Black Sea coastline which is important to Russia and taking at least the eastern portions of Ukraine would secure Crimea.
YouBet
AG
Not sure if Russia is going to do a full-scale invasion or not but Biden has absolutely agitated this situation and made it worse. We can argue if that was intentional or not, but he has made it worse purely from his own incompetence.
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.