***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,296 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One question-

Is Milley giving away our plans again?
richardag
Agthatbuilds said:

One question-

Never in my lifetime would I have considered this a possibility. Not so much anymore. General Milley should have been court marshaled for treason.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Faustus
Agthatbuilds said:

One question-

Is Milley giving away our plans again?I
I could give away our plans.
1) No boots on the ground or direct confrontation;
2) Thanks for the gradual, ominous buildup rather than a two pump Crimea and it's done, everyone is shipping material and prepping Ukraine for the event; and
3) Good luck, depending on how it goes enjoy your new asymmetrical warfare if you try to swallow the whole country, and whatever economic pain the Western countries impose.

I don't necessarily ascribe to the following opinion, but it has some interesting points. If it helps, add "but Biden is weak" after every sentence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/opinion/putin-russia-ukraine.html

Quote:

. . .
The question is on everyone's lips. Will President Vladimir Putin go to war against Ukraine? To judge by Russia's propaganda machine, where media moguls are predicting a victory "in 48 hours," the answer is an emphatic yes.

Yet the truth is more complex. While Mr. Putin undoubtedly regards Ukraine as little more than a Russian province, as he argued in a lengthy pseudo-historical treatise in July, it's far from clear his aim was war. Outright conflict as opposed to sudden swoops, covert operations or hybrid warfare isn't really Mr. Putin's style. It's probable that the troop buildup in November was an attempt to force the West to relinquish any claims over Ukraine. That would be a great P.R. victory at minimal cost.

But the West called his bluff. In the past week especially, the United States and NATO have taken a markedly sharper tone when discussing Russia and have, more important, sent military hardware across Eastern Europe and put troops on standby. The message is clear: If Russia won't de-escalate, then neither will the West.

Instead of trapping the United States, Mr. Putin has trapped himself. Caught between armed conflict and a humiliating retreat, he is now seeing his room for maneuver dwindling to nothing. He could invade and risk defeat, or he could pull back and have nothing to show for his brinkmanship. What happens next is unknown. But one thing is clear: Mr. Putin's gamble has failed.

It may not seem obvious that the Kremlin, which has steadily amassed over 100,000 soldiers at the Ukrainian border since November, was not aiming at war. But the reasons to believe that Russia will pull back from an invasion are many. For one thing, Mr. Putin whose instinctive cautiousness I've observed at close quarters for two decades has a record of withdrawing at the first sign of real conflict. When Russian mercenaries were killed by U.S. troops in Syria in 2018, for example, he had the perfect opportunity to retaliate. Instead, Russia denied the slaughter ever took place.

Likewise, when Turkish drones struck down Russian mercenaries and equipment in Libya and Syria, there wasn't a peep of acknowledgment either. In fact, it seems that Mr. Putin was so conscious of Turkey's might that he didn't dare to join forces with Armenia when, in September 2020, its territory was attacked by Turkish-backed Azerbaijan. And after triumphantly sending in his troops to Kazakhstan for an indefinite time, Mr. Putin started to withdraw them very soon after Russia's foreign minister took a call from his Chinese counterpart.

Tellingly, Russia's major successful military operations under Mr. Putin the defeat of Georgia in 2008 and the annexation of Crimea in 2014 happened when the West was looking the other way. In both cases, the world was caught unawares and Russia could complete its designs without the threat of armed international opposition. That is not the case now.
. . .
If he had little intention of invading, why did Mr. Putin raise the stakes so high? The answer is simple: Afghanistan. The West's disastrous withdrawal from the country in August signaled the United States' waning appetite for entanglement abroad. Emboldened, Mr. Putin clearly decided it was a good time to press his case for a revision of the post-Cold War order. Without the usual bargaining chips no sound economy, no superior weapons, no fanatical followers he fell back on unpredictability. The more irrational his behavior, went the thinking, the more likely the United States would accept his demands.

Those demands, published in mock-treaty form in December, were in many cases absurd. The call for NATO to withdraw its troops from members in Eastern Europe, for example, would never be met. The core request that NATO deny membership to Ukraine was silly in a different way. There was no chance of Ukraine becoming a member any time soon, ultimatum or not. But that was Mr. Putin's point: By demanding something that was already happening, Mr. Putin aimed to claim a victory over the West.
. . .
His options are limited. He can demand the West stop its military supplies. He might vent his frustrations on the opposition, all the while seeking to portray Russia as victim of the nefarious West. Or he could test the waters with a deniable provocation undertaken by supposedly private Russian citizens, those Mr. Putin once called "coal miners and tractor drivers." That may be a small way to save face, but it could easily spill out of control. The risk of outright war is enormous.

There is, perhaps, one certainty to hold on to: Mr. Putin will never start a war he's likely to lose. So the only way to ensure peace is to guarantee that in a military confrontation, Mr. Putin would never win.

While I don't want any bloodshed, the devil on my shoulder kind of hopes that Russia would get its nose bloodied in some sort of invasion/occupation similar to the kinds we've been bogged down in for decades.
YouBet
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

One question-

Probably. He was a traitor under Trump so I'm sure he's been on the horn already.

He would have been run out of the military pre-Obama.

Also, I thought he was retiring. He did announce that after the Afghanistan fiasco.
Raiderjay
Biden sending troops to Eastern Europe soon as Ukraine turmoil intensifies

Who is the idiot on here that was saying "Biden is not sending troops!".......

Well looks like Poopshispants is about to do just that.......

[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

President Joe Biden told reporters Friday night he will send American troops to Europe as tensions rise.
"I'll be moving troops to Eastern Europe in the NATO countries in the near term," Biden said on the tarmac after returning from an appearance in Pittsburgh. "Not a lot."

Biden turned from reporters after that remark and did not elaborate.

The Biden administration had previously announced 8,500 troops would be on alert, but did not commit to deploying them.
Video at Link
MarathonAg12
Salute CornPops Message said:

Biden sending troops to Eastern Europe soon as Ukraine turmoil intensifies

Who is the idiot on here that was saying "Biden is not sending troops!".......

Well looks like Poopshispants is about to do just that.......

I don't get it. We literally have troops and assets on the eastern front already. And they have been there for years.
Raiderjay
Agreed.....it's so he can say "look, I did something!" and divert from his ****storm on the home front......
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Dan Scott
AG
Ukraine president doesn't seem appreciative of the support we're giving
YouBet
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Agreed.....it's so he can say "look, I did something!" and divert from his ****storm on the home front......
Maybe he will murder another innocent family to show his support for our troops.
will25u
Eliminatus
AG
Another weekly update aggregate for those interested.

For those unfamiliar this is a great source I found a while back that goes above and beyond trying to keep everything as unbiased and factual as possible. They stress it constantly and always approach their narration with the "This is what we think based on what is available to us". Their closing thoughts highlight this. Great stuff.
YouBet
AG
will25u said:

Pulling out or pulling towards?
Who?mikejones!
YouBet said:

will25u said:

Pulling out or pulling towards?

Towards. He's the chechen leader, correct?
The Dirty Sock
richardag
President Biden's administration has already said we will not be sending troops to Ukraine. This let's General Milley off the hook. Now if he has Ukraine's plans I am sure they will reach Russia.

He should have been tried as a traitor upon his own admitting guilt.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Doc Hayworth
Ukraine by 3 in OT!
richardag
Poland offering support.
LMCane
Chechens going to assist Putin with taking Ukraine?!

if that is true then Putin definitely going all in now
will25u
Welp.... Ukraine, you're on your own.

Who?mikejones!
will25u said:

Welp.... Ukraine, you're on your own.

Wow. Putin should head in tomorrow.
Raiderjay
First shipments on the way......

flakrat
AG
And now Russia has officially declared their "in" to justify invading Ukraine. Just like with Crimea, it will be Ukraine's own fault that mother Russia had to ride in on their silver house to save the oppressed.

Quote:

What did Nebenzya say about Ukraine? "If our western partners push Kyiv to sabotage the Minsk agreements, something that Ukraine is … willingly doing, then that might end in the absolute worst way for Ukraine. And not because somebody has destroyed it, but because it would have destroyed itself and Russia has absolutely nothing to do with this."

will25u
aTmAg
AG
Biden should simply deploy a few dozen F-22s and F-35s and announce that they will basically plink every Russian tank if any of them roll an inch into Ukraine. Surely we have some JDAMs that are nearing their expiration date.

Project strength so that Putin doesn't even dream of invading. Don't project weakness by being wishy washy.
will25u
will25u
redsquirrelAG
AG
aTmAg said:

Biden should simply deploy a few dozen F-22s and F-35s and announce that they will basically plink every Russian tank if any of them roll an inch into Ukraine. Surely we have some JDAMs that are nearing their expiration date.

Project strength so that Putin doesn't even dream of invading. Don't project weakness by being wishy washy.

Why the **** do we care about the Ukraine? You protecting the rest of the Bidens dirty laundry with all the deep state? **** everyone over there. Wake up and learn what's going on. Stop listening to the msm. Pathetic.
redline248
AG
Next will it be blueprints to top secret projects?
will25u
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Way to go Ned! Fighting made up Russian disinformation with our own disinformation! I wouldn't be shocked if the "propaganda film" Russia makes and releases isn't just a bunch of clips of every member of the Biden administration embarrassing themselves on a daily basis.

Clown show. These people should have to look for asylum come 2024.
aTmAg
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

aTmAg said:

Why the **** do we care about the Ukraine? You protecting the rest of the Bidens dirty laundry with all the deep state? **** everyone over there. Wake up and learn what's going on. Stop listening to the msm. Pathetic.
Because we made a deal with them. They give up their nukes and we help protect them if necessary. They came through with their side, now you'll have us renege when it matters. Why would anybody agree to ally with us again?
Faustus
aTmAg said:

redsquirrelAG said:

aTmAg said:

Because we made a deal with them. They give up their nukes and we help protect them if necessary. They came through with their side, now you'll have us renege when it matters. Why would anybody agree to ally with us again?

Was that the Budapest Memorandum? Didn't Britain and Russia give the same security assurances we did, and we end up giving Ukraine a half billion dollars for their trouble? If you had to ally with one of the three I'd take us since 1) we're not invading, and 2) we paid for the lobster dinner.

After ditching the Kurds in 1990 I'm not sure why Ukrainians took us at face value either, much less the UK and Russia (chortle).

Libya gave up its nuclear weapons program and Gaddafi was summarily deposed and killed. The lesson here is never, ever, give up your nukes or be constrained from obtaining them. At least to the extent you want to be in control of your own destiny.

Pakistan, while inferior to India by almost every measure, has a degree of parity because it went nuclear.
Stat Monitor Repairman
will25u said:

K2-HMFIC
will25u said:

State's audience here isn't the American people…but this briefing isn't a good look.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.