***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,618 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rgag12 said:

aTmAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Anyone got a better idea right now? Because Biden ain't done **** and it's pretty pathetic when Macron is the face of Western society leading the negotiations.
It may be too late, but the real solution is for Biden to grow a spine.

And do what? I'm no fan of Dems or Biden, but what do you expect him to do? Commit troops to fight Russian troops? Commit ally nation's troops to fight the Russians for us?

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Ukrainian backwater. If all we can do is freeze bank accounts and cancel trade deals then so be it, not worth sacrificing American lives.

If the Euros think this is a legitimate threat to their security and want to fight the Russians that's a totally separate question.

All lives matter. We like to say that don't we? Starting to ring hollow to me over the past few days. I understand what you're saying but I think I'm at the point that if I had the option, I'd go fight. This is wrong. What is happening is wrong.
Bird Poo
AG
TommyBrady said:

Lol make him afraid lol hes ex KGB you dumbass. His people will go to war if he tells them to.

I was only an intelligence analyst in my past life with a TS/SCI but wtf would I know
javajaws
AG
The best "solution" (given the reality of where we are at today) would be for Biden and the democrats to reverse course on their energy policy. Encourage Oil/NG production and export from the US, sign some new agreement with EU to promise energy exports to them in exchange for them shutting out Russia NG as part of expanded economic sanctions. Let Russia have the Ukraine if they want...but they will be economically crippled as a result.

But we all know they won't do that...so they'll pass some trivial "economic sanctions" that won't have teeth and Putin will win one for mother Russia.
waitwhat?
rgag12 said:

aTmAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Anyone got a better idea right now? Because Biden ain't done **** and it's pretty pathetic when Macron is the face of Western society leading the negotiations.

And do what? I'm no fan of Dems or Biden, but what do you expect him to do? Commit troops to fight Russian troops? Commit ally nation's troops to fight the Russians for us?

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Ukrainian backwater. If all we can do is freeze bank accounts and cancel trade deals then so be it, not worth sacrificing American lives.

If the Euros think this is a legitimate threat to their security and want to fight the Russians that's a totally separate question.

Quote:

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some CrimeanUkrainian backwater.

Quote:

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Crimean Ukrainian Belarian backwater.

Quote:

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Crimean Ukrainian Belarian Estonian backwater.

Quote:

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Crimean Ukrainian Belarian Estonian Latvian backwater.

Quote:

I wouldn't want the US to get dragged into a war with Russia over some Crimean Ukrainian Belarian Estonian Latvian Lithuanian backwater.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
K2-HMFIC
aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

Lol make him afraid lol hes ex KGB you dumbass. His people will go to war if he tells them to.

I was only an intelligence analyst in my past life with a TS/SCI but wtf would I know
Really? What agency did you work at? Perhaps I can quiz you on the how the building looked on the inside so I can see if you are lying.

We do not need to get into a pissing contest on who had what CAP/SSRP/SubG
Eliminatus
AG
Woke up from a NyQuil induced coma to 200+ new posts here since I fell asleep. Thought things had kicked off.

Nah, just TA dick measuring again.
Irish 2.0
K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

Really? What agency did you work at? Perhaps I can quiz you on the how the building looked on the inside so I can see if you are lying.

I've done a lot of work on OREO intelligence...
Rossticus
Thanks. I needed that.
File5
AG
But how are we to find out who has valid opinions, and more importantly - who we should just ignore - on Texags, a vital source of information to the natsec community???
La Bamba
AG
rgag12 said:

aTmAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Imagine if you were the head of a gang, and your recruiting pitch to others was "hey join my gang and if something ever happens, we got your back." Then one of the gang members is getting his head kicked in and you're like "sorry bro, you shouldn't have talked isht."

How do you think your gang, that you were essential in building and wanted to grow, will hold up after that?
richardag
TommyBrady said:

Not questioning your knowledge or experiences, but with your level of security clearances required not sure I would be admitting your past life on an unsecured website.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
jabberwalkie09
AG

Starting to think this happens within hours, not days. Considering Irish's post said France is calling a security council meeting.
aTmAg
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

Well, my next point was going to be how the DI/DA has been wrong on pretty much every Soviet/Russian prediction I can think of. So that's not a particularly big resume booster.
K2-HMFIC
Intel analysts are great at producing reams and reams of paper…sooo…in that regard the caloric intake for Oreos is probably more enjoyable.
Picard
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

I've done a lot of work on OREO intelligence...

Milking it I'm sure

TommyBrady
AG
Russia is ready to test the resolve of EU and it won't pass the test. Putin will slowly keep putting pressure till one day you wake up and he controls all of Ukraine
K2-HMFIC
K2-HMFIC said:

Intel analysts are great at producing reams and reams of paper…sooo…in that regard the caloric intake for Oreos is probably more enjoyable.

There's a joke there.

And I'm pretty sure I flubbed it.
K2-HMFIC
Damnit. That's it.
sharpdressedman
jabberwalkie09 said:

Decrees have long been used as administrative foundations for aggression. Perhaps the occupation/invasion/fighting is imminent.
Houston Lee
AG
aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

Let me guess.

There was carpeting in some areas. Other areas didn't have carpeting. The walls had stuff on them. There were chairs. There were plants in that place by the door. The doors had knobs that opened. The Men's bathroom had a urinal. There were light fixtures that provided lighting.
File5
AG
I'm one of the uninitiated, so to speak, but it does seem pretty funny that someone brags about having those clearances in the same sentence as "wtf do I know?". Makes it seem like not a lot....Go government intelligence analysts!!!
aTmAg
AG
David Wallace said:

aTmAg said:

TommyBrady said:

Let me guess.

There was carpeting in some areas. Other areas didn't have carpeting. The walls had stuff on them. There were chairs. There were plants in that place by the door. The doors had knobs that opened. The Men's bathroom had a urinal. There were light fixtures that provided lighting.
They can change carpet. It's harder to move walls and stairwells.
Faustus
TommyBrady said:

Russia is ready to test the resolve of EU and it won't pass the test. Putin will slowly keep putting pressure till one day you wake up and he controls all of Ukraine

Which is where he would be if he hadn't let the country slip through his fingers through a vote of all things. As of now he's trying to salvage a fraction of the country, and still will be worse off than he was a decade ago.
K2-HMFIC
Jock 07
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

TommyBrady said:

Putting American lives at risk to act like we are tough is idiotic. It isn't our fight if the EU wants to get slaughtered than go for it.

We sanction the hell out of them and make life miserable but thousands of dead Americans isn't the answer.

Europe loves to act like they don't need us so let them solve their own issues. If it's so important than let their soldiers die.

Literally no one, not even the EU, wants to send troops to Ukraine.
Agreed, but the US and EU agreed to back Ukraine against Russia if they gave up the nukes. Clinton backed the US into a corner almost 30yrs after the fact. Once again the US has screwed over an 'ally' and gone back on their word. If I were a foreign leader I'd wipe my ass with anything the US has signed because it is as useful as toilet paper lately.

Yup, you want nuclear proliferation? Cause this is exactly how you get nuclear proliferation.
Rossticus
From BBC:

"No one knows what happens next. Pack your stuff for a day or two, grab some family photographs and take a bus to Kyiv. You're going to stay with us here for the time being".

This is what Hanna, a Kyiv-based professional, told her father Dmytro before he left the town of Chernihiv last week.

After first voting for pro-Western parties back in 2002, Chernihiv and its region never showed pro-Russian sentiment again.

Chernihiv is just a two-hour drive from Kyiv - and some 90 km away from the Russian border. A Russian tank can pass this route in under two hours. The thought of it was unbearable to Hanna.

The distance to Belarus, a strong ally of Moscow, is even shorter - just 60 km.

Before 150,000 Russian troops massed on the Ukrainian border, Chernihiv was a perfect weekend getaway spot for Kyivites. Full of noisy pubs serving famous local beer and simple yet delicious cuisine, it seemed like the safest place on earth.

Not anymore. At least, not for Hanna. She's been monitoring the news a lot lately. Her father's health has also been deteriorating in recent months. Now there is the uncertainty posed by Russia, so she decided it was time to bring her dad to Kyiv, even though safety is far from guaranteed in the capital right now.

"I don't really have a Plan B for our family. We don't even have a car in case Kyiv is shelled with rockets, and we'll have to run away with all of our kids and cats and dad," says Hanna.

"But having dad here with us and not closer to Russia, fearing for his life alone in his flat, brings some peace to my mind."
Rossticus
From BBC:

A long line of coaches is lined up along a road in the Rostov region in southern Russia. During a short stop women and children leave the coaches for a few minutes, before getting back on to continue on their way.

This could almost be a school trip to a historical monument nearby, a memorial to the fallen in a World War II battle at Sambek heights. Yet it is anything but a school trip - these are evacuees from the separatist-held areas in eastern Ukraine who have been told to gather their belongings and go to Russia.

"There was shooting and shelling at night," one woman outside a coach tells us, "at first, they said those were drills."

Like many others in the Donbas area, she remembers 2014. "At that time no one told us to leave, people had to figure it out for themselves and evacuate on their own. But now everything is so rushed, like an emergency. Probably, something will happen. We didn't want to wait."

She says her husband is a border guard with the unrecognised Donetsk People's republic. He phoned her during his shift: "Get your things, you are leaving tomorrow."

14-year-old Katya is travelling with her grandma, Ira.

"Yes, we heard explosions, a long way off. It has been very peaceful and quiet for the past few years, we weren't frightened," she says.

"Things got worse in the past few days," grandma Ira chips in.

In 2014 Ira and Katya, who was only six at the time, had to hide from shelling in a basement. They are worried they might have to again.
javajaws
AG
Jock 07 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

TommyBrady said:

Putting American lives at risk to act like we are tough is idiotic. It isn't our fight if the EU wants to get slaughtered than go for it.

We sanction the hell out of them and make life miserable but thousands of dead Americans isn't the answer.

Europe loves to act like they don't need us so let them solve their own issues. If it's so important than let their soldiers die.

Literally no one, not even the EU, wants to send troops to Ukraine.
Agreed, but the US and EU agreed to back Ukraine against Russia if they gave up the nukes. Clinton backed the US into a corner almost 30yrs after the fact. Once again the US has screwed over an 'ally' and gone back on their word. If I were a foreign leader I'd wipe my ass with anything the US has signed because it is as useful as toilet paper lately.

Yup, you want nuclear proliferation? Cause this is exactly how you get nuclear proliferation.
Ukraine was stupid to believe us back then, and even more stupid to believe we would come help them now under a Biden admin.

Yes, that's a sad statement on American politics. But really, foreign policy is the least embarrassing part of American politics. Nobody that has been paying attention to America should really be surprised. Our political election process makes long term commitments very doubtful. The only time we keep promises is when it still benefits us (and whatever political party is in power at the time).
aTmAg
AG
The lesson is clear:

Never trust a nation where a democrat may one day be president.
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0
Rossticus
He's going full ******…
aTmAg
AG
If Putin doesn't watch out, me may miss his chance to meet with Biden.

(Who am I kidding, Biden will meet him anyway)
will25u
Irish 2.0

Russian futures moving lower
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.