DOJ Announcement?

8,053 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Science Denier
10thYrSr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone got a link to a feed?
C@LAg
https://www.c-span.org/video/?515952-1/justice-department-officials-hold-news-conference&live
Sarge 91
AG
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-files-complaint-against-professional-compounding-centers-america-inc

Going after compounding pharmacies for price gouging.
Marcus Brutus
There is no such thing as price gouging imo.

I'm sure most of these pharmacies are mom and pops too.
Sarge 91
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

There is no such thing as price gouging imo.

I'm sure most of these pharmacies are mom and pops too.
For clarification:

Quote:

The Justice Department has filed a complaint under the False Claims Act against Professional Compounding Centers of America Inc. (PCCA), a Houston-based company that sells active pharmaceutical ingredients and other products and services to compounding pharmacies. The complaint alleges that PCCA reported fraudulent and inflated Average Wholesale Prices (AWPs) for its ingredients that bore no relationship to the actual prices at which it sold those ingredients to its pharmacy customers, thereby causing those pharmacies to submit inflated compound prescription claims to TRICARE, the federal health care program providing insurance for active duty military personnel, military retirees and military dependents.
So it is not the mom and pop pharmacies, but the suppliers the DOJ is after.
redcrayon
AG
Ransomware charges.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Trump accused of referring to Hillary as she/her.
FJB
jrdaustin
AG
What makes this any different from all the other pharmaceutical companies wildy inflating prescription drug prices over the last few years - both in the named drug and generic arenas?

Prices now seen have no bearing whatsoever on costs, nor do they have any relationship to the "negotiated" prices that insurance companies pay for the same drugs.

There's nothing new here. This is a systemic problem that goes much wider than the company being singled out by the Justice Department. They're only concerned because TriCare is involved. They didn't care at all when the average American is affected.
Who we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
C@LAg
when are they going to go after Pfizer and Moderna for fleecing the American taxpayer with their non-vaccines?
Demosthenes81
AG
Someone didn't pony up their 10%
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
rgag12
AG
So I guess Garland has a family member in the pharmaceuticals industry that wanted some competition taken out?
padreislandagfan
I thought they would announce their guilt in wrongful imprisonment of American citizens in the Jan. 6 witch hunt.
I was so hopeful they would announce the formation of a firing squad against agents and directors involved in this crime against the constitution.

I guess I was mistaken, this pharma thing is a MUCH bigger deal.
WAY TO GO alphabet agencies.

YOU SUCK AGAIN.
Get Off My Lawn
Demosthenes81 said:

Someone didn't pony up their 10%
In their defense - it's a lot of money and they just figured Brandon's memory was so terrible that he'd forget about it.
oysterbayAG
AG
Meanwhile Biden and this stupid administration are pissing away trillions of dollars ! These idiots in the DOJ / FBI seem to not think using proportionality and common sense .
P.U.T.U
AG
There are a lot of medicines sold by general pharmacies that cost $2 but the pharmacy foundation list the suggested price at $500. This isn't about helping lower cost, it is going after the compounding pharmacies since politicians cannot make money from them
YouBet
AG
I will just assume that by going after wholesalers this will cause a collapse in drug availability and then they will announce UHC to solve it.
TexAgs91
AG
I thought for sure this would be about election fraud
flakrat
AG
So what was the big reveal? The pharma reseller thing?
P.U.T.U
AG
Sounds like it, and I would not consider a compounding pharmacy a reseller since they don't get the same discounts the big store like CVS do, they modify the medicines that are not at places like CVS.
Layne Staley
AG
Prosecution for anyone referring to Biden as Grandpa Cabbage Farts which is a tradmark infringement on Hillary's Grandma Cabbage Farts
annie88
AG
Good Poster said:

They're all lying pieces of ****, who believes anything they say?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Science Denier
AG
They sold the horse paste without permission.
LOL OLD
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.