Why the Supply Chain Crisis Is About to Get Much Worse

2,840 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by atmtws
ElKabong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and, it is all intentional

Why the Supply Chain Crisis Is About to Get Much Worse

The Biden administration on Thursday announced the deadline for his private employer vaccine mandate, raising serious questions about how the rule will exacerbate the supply chain crisis.

According to RealClearPolitics' Tom Bevan, there is no exemption for the trucking industry and there will likely be drivers who quit over the mandate.

"So all the biggest trucking companies in America - who already face major driver shortages - will see a % of their workforce quit. Supply chain crisis is going to get much worse - very soon," he warned.

Bevan noted that a significant percentage of drivers are unvaccinated, which doesn't make much of a difference given "the very nature of the job is iconoclastic: they spend most of the day alone in the cab of a truck, having very little interaction with other people."

This also means their risk of transmission is lower than other occupations, he said.

Bevan wasn't the only one to sound the alarm, however.

Jon Sampson, executive director at the American Trucking Association, warned the House Agriculture Committee on Wednesday about how the supply chain will be affected by the mandate amid a shortage of drivers.

"The trucking industry is not anti-vaccination, we are anti-supply chain inefficiency," he said. "A lot of larger truck lines have drivers with vaccine hesitancy."

4stringAg
AG
Won't be just trucking that will impact it. Its likely in my opinion a sizable portion of drivers and sort facility workers in terminals and hubs for FedEx and UPS are unvaxxed. These companies also have already been having tough times filling available jobs. This will make it worse. Going to be bottlenecks all up and down the supply chain and delivery streams.

Clob94
According to a 20+ year logistics acquaintance of mine, if your 18 wheeler is older than 3 years, you don't meet Cslifornia standards.

Thus, only about 4% of the nation's trucks do. But if BIDEN were to sign some sort of an emergency exemption, all trucks could be open to Cali for a limited time and could remedy this problem.

But he won't. And I can't figure out why.
DrEvazanPhD
4stringAg said:

Won't be just trucking that will impact it. Its likely in my opinion a sizable portion of drivers and sort facility workers in terminals and hubs for FedEx and UPS are unvaxxed. These companies also have already been having tough times filling available jobs. This will make it worse. Going to be bottlenecks all up and down the supply chain and delivery streams.

I don't think that's your opinion...I think that's pretty much a fact.

It proves that our government is currently a group of weapons-grade idiots, or they truly are evil.
Ags4DaWin
Clob94 said:

According to a 20+ year logistics acquaintance of mine, if your 18 wheeler is older than 3 years, you don't meet Cslifornia standards.

Thus, only about 4% of the nation's trucks do. But if BIDEN were to sign some sort of an emergency exemption, all trucks could be open to Cali for a limited time and could remedy this problem.

because to reboot the system it must first fail.

It is not about quality of life for the American people. It is about bringing to pass the coming global reset that has been in the works for the past 30 years.

If you do not believe this by now then you are a fool.

Those who do not wake up to these realities will be in for giant slap in the face in 5 years and will suddenly wake up and wonder how we got here.
TomFoolery
AG
Or the companies could just like.... Ignore it
Cromagnum
AG
All by design.
Gaius Julius Bevo
FJB
FJB
AG
Trying to break America. What a POS commie tyrant.
Who is John Galt?

Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Ags4DaWin said:

Clob94 said:

It is not about quality of life for the American people. It is about bringing to pass the coming global reset that has been in the works for the past 30 years.

Those who do not wake up to these realities will be in for giant slap in the face in 5 years and will suddenly wake up and wonder how we got here.

You win the gold star for stating what should be the obvious truth by now. This is absolutely in the works but first you have to destroy America. The best way to do that is to destroy the American dollar as the world currency. How do you do that? I don't know print 30 trillion dollars in 30 years.

The great reset is coming they are not hiding it anymore if you don't see this by now then you have not been thinking critically.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Clob94 said:

You win the gold star for stating what should be the obvious truth by now. This is absolutely in the works but first you have to destroy America. The best way to do that is to destroy the American dollar as the world currency. How do you do that? I don't know print 30 trillion dollars in 30 years.

The great reset is coming they are not hiding it anymore if you don't see this by now then you have not been thinking critically.

This.
aezmvp
Clob94 said:

This is roughly accurate. They're not all that stringent about enforcing it yet, but it's coming. And it will be a **** show for the whole country. Also with the contract worker law out there it's going to make it MUCH more difficult to get people in to get produce out of central valley which will make a lot of things more expensive nation wide.
TTUArmy
The commies, neverTrumpers, and useful idiots have done a bang up job of electing worthless politicians to tank a very recent, vibrant economy.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Maroon Dawn
AG
"Stop this insanity and get America back to normal"

That's all the GOP has to run on and they will sweep everything

America is done with COVID and all this Dem insanity pushed in its name

Remind Americans that their choice is years more of this or back to normal as soon as the Dems are kicked out of Congress and the WH
Ellis Wyatt
Clob94 said:

But if BIDEN were to sign some sort of an emergency exemption, all trucks could be open to Cali for a limited time and could remedy this problem.

All the CAFE standards bull**** are to limit Americans' ability to drive when and where they want to. This is the same.

They are intentionally driving up prices and create shortages. Biden would never oppose Kalifornia's radical leftist policies. His policy makers are the same people who have made Kalifornia what it is.

CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL.
Bubblez
The supply chain issues are a global phenomenon. This isn't something just impacting the United States.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Bubblez said:

The supply chain issues are a global phenomenon. This isn't something just impacting the United States.

Except the Dems are INTENTIONALLY making it worse

A small kitchen fire is bad. Intentionally dumping gasoline on it with the express and intent purpose of burning down the house is way worse

DrEvazanPhD
Bubblez said:

Thanks for that insight.

Now, the topic at hand is *why* are we making it worse, rather than fixing it? Comprende?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Clob94 said:

Expanding on this, they don't meet the standard because they are over 3 years old.

They meet all the tier 4 and operational standards.

But if the truck is over 3 years old it is not allowed because it is over 3 years old

That's how stupid the regulation is and it is purposeful to screw the consumer and the American public

This regulation should show that the dims are the party of the CCP and they our out to destroy this country with regulations wrapped in "good intentions"
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Hice89
AG
When I see dozens of cargo ships sitting idle off the CA coast for weeks on end, it is no longer a world supply chain problem. It's a US-based manmade crisis that a strong, competent leader could address. POTUS is neither strong nor competent..
atmtws
AG
Hice89 said:

When I see dozens of cargo ships sitting idle off the CA coast for weeks on end, it is no longer a world supply chain problem. It's a US-based manmade crisis that a strong, competent leader could address. POTUS is neither strong nor competent..
It would be nice to see Abbott, DeSantis, etc. sue California under the Interstate Commerce Clause.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.