Mizzou governor issues executive order against federal COVID vaccine mandates

1,020 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by samurai_science
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.komu.com/news/state/parson-issues-executive-order-against-federal-covid-vaccine-mandates/article_2e335d10-3824-11ec-9ee1-df5df275b064.html

Quote:

JEFFERSON CITY Gov. Mike Parson announced Thursday that he has issued an executive order to fight federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
"Let me be clear, we continue to encourage all Missourians to get vaccinated," Parson said in a press release. "We can support vaccination without supporting mandates. We are issuing this order to protect our system of government and the individual rights of Missourians to make their own health care decisions."
The executive order states the following:

• All agencies, boards, commissions, and other entities within the executive branch of state government are directed to cooperate fully and timely with the Attorney General of the State of Missouri in litigation on behalf of the State of Missouri against any federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandate or requirement.
  • No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall compel any individual to receive the COVID-19 vaccine according to federal vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.
  • No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall penalize individuals or businesses for non-compliance with federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.

agracer
AG
Not sure I understand how that affects anyone not working for the state????
Marcus Brutus
Businesses will ignore him, like they have announced they will do in Texas.

Not only that, I fully expect many, like my company, to ignore the courts if they rule against Joe's ohsa garbage.

If so, I hope they get the absolute crap sued out of them. But I don't expect any lawsuits because the trial lawyers are on board with the mandates and tyranny.
Tanya 93
agracer said:

Dpn't businesses have to enforce a vaccine mandate if they have over 100 employees?

Or does that not apply to businesses not working with the federal government?
Marcus Brutus
Tanya 93 said:

agracer said:

Dpn't businesses have to enforce a vaccine mandate if they have over 100 employees?

The order doesn't really address that. It doesn't say that the state will take punative action against companies that follow the federal mandate.
samurai_science
Tanya 93 said:

agracer said:

Yes, but that OSHA rule does not exist yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.