CDC following Israel on 4th booster

8,103 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cecil77
Slyfox07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Salute The Marines said:

The vaccine should have never been messaged to control spread.

It should simply be messaged with "The covid vaccines are a safe effective way to prevent serious illness and death. Consult with your physician to determine if it is right for you". No mandates no force.

I don't think any rational thinking person on this board would have an issue with that.
I agree with you. That was the message when i CHOSE to get the Pfizer shot last spring.

The way the government has handled the messaging of this vaccine has turned me off to the extent that neither I, or any member of my family is getting near it if we have any means left to resist.
Teslag
AG
cecil77 said:

Here you go. Five posts up.

Quote:

Quote:
therapeutic

thr-pyootk
adjective
[ol]
  • Having or exhibiting healing powers.
  • Of or relating to the medical treatment of a disease or condition.
  • Of or pertaining to the healing art; concerned in discovering and applying remedies for diseases; curative.
  • [/ol]

Thanks.

1. The covid vaccines do not have healing powers as they are only given prior to infection in an effort to prevent disease. Thus, it is impossible for them to heal.

2. They are also not a medical treatment for disease since they are given prior to the onset of disease.

3. Since they are given prior to infection and the onset of disease they are not used as a curative or remedy for disease.

This definition clearly strengthens my point. The vaccines are not a therapeutic. There is no way any semi-intelligent individual could apply that definition to the covid vaccines. The key point is that therapeutics are used for healing or treating a disease you already have.
    cecil77
    AG
    Salute The Marines said:

cecil77 said:

Here you go. Five posts up.

Quote:

Quote:
    therapeutic

thr-pyootk
    adjective
    [ol]
  • Having or exhibiting healing powers.
  • Of or relating to the medical treatment of a disease or condition.
  • Of or pertaining to the healing art; concerned in discovering and applying remedies for diseases; curative.
  • [/ol]

Thanks.

1. The covid vaccines do not have healing powers as they are only given prior to infection in an effort to prevent disease. Thus, it is impossible for them to heal.

2. They are also not a medical treatment for disease since they are given prior to the onset of disease.

3. Since they are given prior to infection and the onset of disease they are not used as a curative or remedy for disease.

This definition clearly strengthens my point. The vaccines are not a therapeutic. There is no way any semi-intelligent individual could apply that definition to the covid vaccines. The key point is that therapeutics are used for healing or treating a disease you already have.

Not really. I've looked at a bunch of sources, and cant' find one that changes the definition based upon when administered. Therefore your reasons 2 and 3 are specious.
    Teslag
    AG
    You cannot heal or a treat a disease one does not have.

Chemotherapy is a therapeutic. However, you don't treat prostrate cancer with chemotherapy if you do not have it.
    Teslag
    AG
    The operative words here in the definitions are "healing" and "treatment". No one on either side of this debate would claim that the vaccines heal or treat COVID. They are purely meant to prevent.

Now if you want to claim they are a preventative gene therapy rather than a vaccine then there's a slight argument for that. However the "it's a therapeutic" claim is simply stupid. It only hurts the greater argument of those claiming it.
    cecil77
    AG
    Dang, I hope I'm as smart as you someday. You are SO smart.
    Teslag
    AG
    cecil77 said:

Dang, I hope I'm as smart as you someday. You are SO smart.

I don't believe it has anything to do with intelligence or "smarts". It's simple logical deduction. You can't heal a disease you don't have.
    doubledog
    Just in from Fauci : "If you have replaced your blood with COVID-19 vaccine, you will need a booster shot in 6 months"
    cecil77
    AG
    "Simple deduction" - wow thanks so much! I'll have to study on that.
    cecil77
    AG
    Quote:

In medicine, the term prophylactic is used to describe procedures and treatment that prevent something from happening. This can include surgeries, dental cleanings, vaccines, and birth control.
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-the-meaning-of-prophylactic-3157145

Teslag
    AG
    Are you suggesting that prophylactics are equivalent to therapeutics?
    FriscoKid
    AG
    Salute The Marines said:

The operative words here in the definitions are "healing" and "treatment". No one on either side of this debate would claim that the vaccines heal or treat COVID. They are purely meant to prevent.

Now if you want to claim they are a preventative gene therapy rather than a vaccine then there's a slight argument for that. However the "it's a therapeutic" claim is simply stupid. It only hurts the greater argument of those claiming it.

They don't prevent the disease. They help with symptoms. I really don't know why you keep repeating this.
    cevans_40
    AG
    Salute The Marines said:

Are you suggesting that prophylactics are equivalent to therapeutics?

Do you use them as hats?
    Mr. Lahey
    AG
    He goes down on prostitutes, I doubt he uses them anywhere.
    cecil77
    AG
    You:

Quote:

Me:
    Quote:

In medicine, the term prophylactic is used to describe procedures and treatment that prevent something from happening.

Your statement is incorrect. Treatment can be given prior to the onset of disease.
    Teslag
    AG
    Do you believe that covid vaccines are given as a healing treatment for covid?

In addition, your definition for prophylactic above includes all vaccines. Do you feel all vaccines are therapeutics in that case?
    Teslag
    AG
    FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

They don't prevent the disease. They help with symptoms. I really don't know why you keep repeating this.

They are now shown to prevent covid 95% of the time after thr 3rd dose according to the latest Israel data*.

*israel data is to be taken as gospel on this board.
    cecil77
    AG
    Salute The Marines said:

In addition, your definition for prophylactic above includes all vaccines. Do you feel all vaccines are therapeutics in that case?

Your statement that there can be no treatment prior to disease onset is incorrect.

Let's finish that before you move on to something else.

Teslag
    AG
    cecil77 said:

Salute The Marines said:

Your statement that there can be no treatment prior to disease onset is incorrect.

Let's finish that before you move on to something else.

Based on a single verywell link?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treatment

Quote:

2a : a therapeutic agent, therapy, or procedure used to treat a medical condition

What is the medical condition the covid vaccines are treating?
    Teslag
    AG
    And from the American Heritage Medical Dictionary...

treatment
    (trtmnt)
    n.
    a. The use of an agent, procedure, or regimen, such as a drug, surgery, or exercise, in an attempt to cure or mitigate a disease, condition, or injury.
    b. The agent, procedure, or regimen so used.

cecil77
    AG
    You seem to be unable to stay on point. Again, it must be wonderful to be so smart that you can't even admit a simple misstatement at you did. You said no "treatment" prior to onset. There is, be it preventive treatment or prophylactic treatment. You used "treatment" as the same as "therapeutic". That's untrue. You then pivot back the "therapeutic" which if you'll review I've never mentioned to you I don't think.

So hard to tell, but I may well be butting heads with a 7th grader - so that my bad. Most adults can say "oops" when they make a mistake.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.