While Mayor Pete stays at home breastfeeding...

5,683 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Squadron7
TheEternalPessimist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RGLAG85 said:

Matilda said:

paternity leave is bad?
No, not at all, not for women who have just given birth
That is MATERNITY leave.

But it should NOT be a federal issue.

This is a local issue or state issue at most.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
I heard Buttigieg interviewed about this, and he was absolutely unapologetic. The ports in California are in a crisis and he is the Transportation Secretary. People are suffering if not dying because medications and medical equipment cannot get to patients and physicians and hospitals who need them. Businesses are dying and people are losing their livelihoods because manufacturers cannot get the raw materials to produce their goods. Mayor Pete's children have a Mother. Maybe, instead of ripping the children away from their Mother, Mayor Pete and his husband should have employed her to breastfeed and help care for the children so that he could more quickly get back to doing the critical job we taxpayers are paying him to do. I would think he could also afford to pay a nanny if the children's Mother and Mayor Pete's husband weren't sufficiently able to care for the children.
Ellis Wyatt
Matilda said:

paternity leave is bad?
Yes.
Corn Pop
Ellis Wyatt said:

Matilda said:

paternity leave is bad?
Yes.

Exactly. I was home for 4 days after my wife delivered and I was itching to leave. There is absolutely nothing to do other than laundry and dishes. Folks are bringing dinners (at least in our case). Babies are tied to momma and connecting with them and letting mommas hormones balance out. I question any guy that is taking 6 weeks.
redcrayon
AG
If Pete wasn't prepared to go back to work after a couple of weeks, he should have either delayed adopting or quit his job.
Ellis Wyatt
redcrayon said:

If Pete wasn't prepared to go back to work after a couple of weeks, he should have either delayed adopting or quit his job.
He shouldn't have taken a cabinet position knowing he would take that kind of leave In the first year. It used to be called "public service."
Claverack
Squadron7 said:

He should take a look at a real high-powered mom:

I wish everyone in this Administration would take an extended leave of absence. We would all be better off for it.

Eliminatus
AG
That family is quite illustrious all around. Judith herself is an actual incredible engineer that had her hands on a lot of important projects. Her son Neil Siegel became another amazing engineer that helped develop a lot of military and consumer level technologies. He was one of the ones that made it possible for us to be so dominant as a nation for many years.

And of course she birthed Jack Black who is a natural treasure and needs to be protected at all cost.
C@LAg
Eliminatus said:

And of course she birthed Jack Black who is a natural treasure and needs to be protected at all cost.
also a lib with TDS.
Matilda
AG
Why?

Are you saying that if an employer offers paid paternity leave men shouldn't take it? Best make sure others at work know you're not a beta?
Kozmozag
Paternity leave is nonsense, suck it up and take cRe of your own kids.
Rascal
AG
C@LAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Could a female Secretary who gave birth stay home to breastfeed for 3 months or could the baby come with her for nursing?
it makes a bit more sense for the mother to get a rhythm going (but not 13 weeks sense at the expense of taxpayers or other shareholders).

But for a male, two weeks. tops. Use PTO if you want more.

but if you are the head of the transportation department of the wealthiest country in the world., you hire yourself an effing nanny and get your punk ass back in the office.

Whether a male or female mother (sounds silly leaving my fingertips!) maybe you could also plan your life around important life events better too especially when choosing to work in a high level position like this.

In other words don't have a baby during a time where you might be working in a Presidential cabinet. Sorry sounds harsh. But life is about managing choices.
Ellis Wyatt
Matilda said:

Why?

Are you saying that if an employer offers paid paternity leave men shouldn't take it? Best make sure others at work know you're not a beta?
You should not take a job in a presidential cabinet if you're going to skip work for months, particularly not in a cabinet full of people with sub-100 IQs that is creating crises all around them. If Pete had any integrity, he'd apologize and resign for stealing from the taxpayers. He doesn't and he won't.
Ellis Wyatt
Rascal said:

Whether a male or female mother (sounds silly leaving my fingertips!) maybe you could also plan your life around important life events better too especially when choosing to work in a high level position like this.

In other words don't have a baby during a time where you might be working in a Presidential cabinet. Sorry sounds harsh. But life is about managing choices.
Neither Pete nor the other dude had a baby. The science is settled.
Sea Speed
AG
Corn Pop said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Matilda said:

paternity leave is bad?
Yes.

Exactly. I was home for 4 days after my wife delivered and I was itching to leave. There is absolutely nothing to do other than laundry and dishes. Folks are bringing dinners (at least in our case). Babies are tied to momma and connecting with them and letting mommas hormones balance out. I question any guy that is taking 6 weeks.

While I get your sentiment, there ARE exceptions so the absolute position should always be avoided. For instance, i have always taken at least 3 months off as a rotational employee. I ensure my schedule aligns with the birth, then ensure I have approved FMLA so I can not be forced to return to work early so I can spend as much time as possible helping around the house. There are loads of people in similar situations.

In this case, it is abhorrent and absurd.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Matilda said:

Why?

The fact that he's been on "paternity" leave for so long just proves he's a useless piece of **** that has no business being on a presidential cabinet.

Hell if my job was able to get done for two weeks without me I would expect my boss to say I'm no longer needed. But Pete is in government, and government workers are by in large un-needed, unqualified, and wasting tax payer money.
Sea Speed
AG
Yes, it is patently absurd that a cabinet level politician thinks it is ok to take 2 weeks off, let alone 2 months off.
Squadron7
AG
I'm glad Mrs. Rumsfeld wasn't due right at the start of Desert Storm.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.