"Concerned COVID parent" trolls Slate.com

4,372 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by geoag58
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feel awful for such kids. These kids (masked/kept inside/etc) and the kids who were forced to be home with abusive or negligent parents when schools were shut down and put remote.

In my opinion, impact to kids (some/many...not all) has been the biggest crime with COVID...
aglaohfour
AG
I think this is real and I hate it.
I know of a family whose 9 year old was exposed to covid at an outdoor birthday party, and they proceeded to make him stay in his bedroom for two weeks. He wasn't allowed to come out for any reason, they left food at his door, and closed the vents and opened his windows so that the "air wouldn't circulate from his room to the rest of the house."

I heard about this from my BIL who was the kid's piano teacher (virtually, of course). He found out about it because they couldn't do lessons for that whole time because the kid wasn't allowed to leave his room to go to the piano. The parents were bragging about how careful they were being. They 100% believed that denying their kid face to face interaction and physical affection for two weeks was the best thing to do. I cannot imagine not hugging my child for two days, let alone two weeks. It's neglectful at the very least, bordering on abusive.
Madman
AG
The different developmental stages of a person are often age dependent. A child devoid of social interaction while young runs a huge risk of growing up with a permanent void in different skills. Even if they try to repair that deficiency as an adult it will never be as good or as natural.

Things like being able to maintain eye contact are learned and learned while young. Good luck developing in a bedroom alone with an iPad.
FriscoKid
AG
aglaohfour said:

I think this is real and I hate it.
I know of a family whose 9 year old was exposed to covid at an outdoor birthday party, and they proceeded to make him stay in his bedroom for two weeks. He wasn't allowed to come out for any reason, they left food at his door, and closed the vents and opened his windows so that the "air wouldn't circulate from his room to the rest of the house."

I heard about this from my BIL who was the kid's piano teacher (virtually, of course). He found out about it because they couldn't do lessons for that whole time because the kid wasn't allowed to leave his room to go to the piano. The parents were bragging about how careful they were being. They 100% believed that denying their kid face to face interaction and physical affection for two weeks was the best thing to do. I cannot imagine not hugging my child for two days, let alone two weeks. It's neglectful at the very least, bordering on abusive.
What the hell? At 9 years old? Yeah, that abuse
ttu_85
CCP Joe Veggie said:

Clob94 said:

That's a completely made up letter. 100%. Total fabrication. Propaganda.

Is it?

I have a cousin who has not eaten out, not even gone to get fast food, since this thing started.
I am sorry for your loss. This person stopped living 18 months ago.

Does not living == dead ?

I think so.
OverSeas AG
AG
I believe there are real freaks in the world that would totally do that. But yes I suspect that is a troll and they fell for it.
TheEternalPessimist
FriscoKid said:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/10/trust-broken-parenting-advice-care-feeding.html
Even many of the liberal left posters there said this is a troll.
geoag58
AG
This is what happens when totalitarians are in control. People become mindless sheep who believe 2+2=5.
This is not to say we don't have weak minded leftists here in Texas, you still see them, driving in their car alone, wearing a mask.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.