Tom Brady gives young brain cancer survivor his hat after game

3,984 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EskimoJoe
ElKabong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Politics I guess since he is/was a Trump supporter.

Anyway, this is some outstanding stuff. As a parent this touched me maybe more than others.

Tom Brady gives young brain cancer survivor his hat after game

A young cancer survivor was left weeping tears of joy after Tom Brady handed him a Tampa Bay Buccaneers cap on Sunday night.

The 44-year-old quarterback spotted young football fan Noah Reed, nine, in the crowd during his Sunday night game against the Chicago Bears.

The fan from Utah, who was attending his first-ever NFL game, was spotted at the front of the crowd holding up a sign which read: 'Tom Brady helped me beat brain cancer.'
In December 2020, Noah, who is one of three siblings, was diagnosed with a brain tumor after initially suffering from severe headaches.

And six months later, in July, he completed his treatment to eliminate the brain cancer - but continues to remain under observation until he turns 18 to ensure it does not return.

Noah's mother Jacque, who was equally overcome by emotions, took to her husband's Instagram stories moments after Brady's act of kindness to share an emotional message of thanks.

She wrote: '@tombrady This kid fought and fought with a dream that one day he could watch you play in real life. You gave him strength and hope and a dream.

'You are not just the greatest athlete of all time, you are truly a good man. An exceptional father. A remarkable example. And you have just changed my boy's life.

'Thank you from the bottom of my mama heart.'

AgBQ-00
AG
Is it weird that since he left the Pats I have come around to liking him?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Tom Bradys hat cures brain cancer

What does his jock do?
Ellis Wyatt
AgBQ-00 said:

He does seem like a legitimately good man.
GarryowenAg
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I'm the same.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
GOAT
Martin Q. Blank
aTmAg
AG
I always sided with Manning in the Brady vs Manning duels. It took a while, but i eventually accepted Brady as the GOAT. Now I like the dude.
Bevo99
aTmAg said:

I always sided with Manning in the Brady vs Manning duels. It took a while, but i eventually accepted Brady as the GOAT. Now I like the dude.
I'm the opposite. It was my hatred of the entire Manning clan and the constant Manning VS Brady comparisons that led me to start following / rooting for Brady.
Eso si, Que es
MookieBlaylock said:

What does his jock do?

Apparently that whole region is glorious

Natural antibodies are best antibodies!
rocky the dog
AG
The NFL sucks, but there are players who are real men. Here's another...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aTmAg
AG
Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

I'm the opposite. It was my hatred of the entire Manning clan and the constant Manning VS Brady comparisons that led me to start following / rooting for Brady.
How can anybody hate the Mannings? The entire family seems to be good people.
DrEvazanPhD
is it dusty in here?
rocky the dog
AG
...and another (I really like Rogers)...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aTmAg
AG
I understand Rogers is a jackass. Has pretty much blown off his entire family. And not to mention the woke BS.
AggieKatie2
AG
aTmAg said:

I understand Rogers is a jackass. Has pretty much blown off his entire family. And not to mention the woke BS.

No idea of situation, but sometimes family can be the WORST.
rocky the dog
AG
...and my favorite...

- Alfred E. Neuman
Bevo99
aTmAg said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

How about Peyton sexually assuaulting a trainer in college and Eli refusing to play for the team that drafted him.
guadalupeag
Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

How about Peyton sexually assuaulting a trainer in college and Eli refusing to play for the team that drafted him.
Worst case Peyton mooned a female trainer, that's hardly sexual assault. Most likely she just happened to be in the room when he mooned a teammate.

Agree Eli's move was bs, but the Chargers got the better QB anyway and still couldn't win, so he ended up being right.
Bevo99
guadalupeag said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

Worst case Peyton mooned a female trainer, that's hardly sexual assault. Most likely she just happened to be in the room when he mooned a teammate.

Agree Eli's move was bs, but the Chargers got the better QB anyway and still couldn't win, so he ended up being right.
I guess it comes down to who you believe, but the "teammate" disputes Peyton's version of events.
The Collective
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

What does his jock do?

aTmAg
AG
The Chargers drafted Manning with a trade deal to NY already arranged. It wasn't like they drafted him and THEN he announced he wouldn't play. He told them ahead of time, and they drafted him in order to make the trade. How is this much different than a team drafting a coveted player that they don't need with the intent to trade?
aTmAg
AG
Bevo99 said:

guadalupeag said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

Bevo99 said:

aTmAg said:

I guess it comes down to who you believe, but the "teammate" disputes Peyton's version of events.
And she took a payday.
annie88
AG
Dammit I'm really starting to like Tom Brady.

He really just kind of bugged me for years, no comment on his playing he's always been a phenomenal quarterback, just, I don't know his attitude just seemed elitist and snobby but the last year or so he has really amused and impressed me. It's like he lightened up a bit.

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. Book, cover, don't judge or somewhat.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Bevo99
Correct. She got a settlement from the university, and then another later from Archie and Peyton for defamation.

That may not prove Peyton's guilt, but it certainly doesn't prove his innocence.

I'm not interested in a drawn out internet pissing contest. The question was asked how anyone could hate the Mannings.
Ghost91
Can't wait to show this thread to my wife tonight and watch her cry and fan her face for like 10 minutes.

And glad that I watched before she got home so I got all my messy crying out of the way.
aTmAg
AG
Bevo99 said:

Correct. She got a settlement from the university, and then another later from Archie and Peyton for defamation.

That may not prove Peyton's guilt, but it certainly doesn't prove his innocence.

I'm not interested in a drawn out internet pissing contest. The question was asked how anyone could hate the Mannings.
If your daughter or wife was "sexually assaulted" by somebody, would you be satisfied to stay quiet if they paid you off?

I sure as hell wouldn't be. Unless it didn't happen, wasn't that big of a deal in her mind, or we just wanted money.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

The media spun the narrative he is an *******. The media can't be trusted, even with typically mundane stories.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Buying_time
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

What does his jock do?

Bevo99
Funky Winkerbean said:

AgBQ-00 said:

The media spun the narrative he is an *******. The media can't be trusted, even with typically mundane stories.
Yep. Brady is a conservative. That should tell you all you need to know about the media's portrayal of him.
The Collective
AG
Much respect for him - love the ending to The Brady Six documentary.
Clob94
MookieBlaylock said:

What does his jock do?
It gets removed by the likes of Bridgette Moynahan and Giselle.
baseballaficionado
AggieKatie2 said:

aTmAg said:

No idea of situation, but sometimes family can be the WORST.

Rodgers is a different kind of dude, almost on the spectrum somewhat. He has issues with family, women, the Packers, etc. At some point you have to look in the mirror and see Rodgers as the common denominator.
Iowaggie
AG
aTmAg said:

I also think there is an aspect to liking the guys that have lasted. Most these NFL guys now were born after I graduated college, and when they stick around long enough, it easier to respect the dedication to whatever game they play.

Muy
AG
I Have Spoken said:

MookieBlaylock said:

What does his jock do?

I know the Brady's are all about putting nothing bad in their bodies, but a set of saline cans would really be awesome on Giselle.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.