Yellen proposes a tax on unrealized capital gains......

10,341 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whirligigs
StandUpforAmerica
How long do you want to ignore this user?
....... to finance Biden's "Build Back Better" plans.

Just remember, this plan cost zero dollars.

annie88
AG
That **** can **** off.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
jagvocate
AG
If it's not right to do it to us, it's not right to do it them.

Tree is parched.

Ellis Wyatt
Stealing from the middle class.
itsyourboypookie
Exceptionally wealthy = anyone with 250k in stocks

Just like 'we are only going to raise taxes on billionaires' = anyone with $600 in transactions on PayPal
powerbelly
AG
**** them. A large percentage of middle class wealth would immediately disappear (that is obviously the plan).
PneumAg
Evil.
Not Coach Jimbo
Does this mean I can write off unrealized losses?
Fins Up!
AG
They want to destroy the middle class. They don't want you traveling. They don't want you to own a house or property. They don't want you to own more than one vehicle. They don't want you to have food choices. They don't want you to vacation or have disposable income for leisure. They don't want you to have choices for health care or education.

Wake up! It's a war, and they've declared it. The elitist white liberal is your mortal enemy.

Destroy the middle class, and make everyone poor and dependent on the government that is ruled by the totalitarian elites.
pfo
AG
That would be a catastrophe! Wealth is created by individuals and corporations. The government consumes and destroys wealth.

Taxing unrealized gains will destroy what remains of wealth in the USA! Once the gov makes everybody poor, foreigners will own all the land, minerals and everything of value here. Because in order to pay taxes on unrealized gains, the assets will have to be sold. The buyers of those assets will be foreigners because Americans have just been robbed by the gov and will have no money to buy anything!

I'm not too worried about this happening. Home owners will hate it and everybody who owns stocks, land, minerals, collectibles and anything with appreciated value will hate it! Especially the libs in Silicon Valley! Those hypocrite's intention is for somebody else to pay the taxes and somebody else to
lose their jobs. When the gov comes after Zuckerberg, the Google boys, Jack Dorsey, George Soro's unreslized stock gains, the **** will hit the fan!
Ribeye-Rare
AG
"Build Back Better" - BS

More like "Tear Down Quicker."

It is very disturbing that a woman who harbors this mindset was previously head of the Federal Reserve. From where do they keep digging up this type of person?
Fins Up!
AG
It's what they want. Wake up!

You better worry about it, because it is exactly what will happen. And we will allow it.
waitwhat?
Ah. This explains why I've been seeing memes about "the top 10% own 89% of all stocks" lately.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
ChemEAg08
AG
Texit….
PneumAg
Not Coach Jimbo said:

Does this mean I can write off unrealized losses?

What do you think?
Darth Randy
I legitimately thought I could not feel politically hatred at one point in time in my life but these sum *****es here…..
jefe95
AG
Ladies and gentlemen. Your treasury secretary. An economic illiterate.

Are you awake yet?
Layne Staley
AG
the Federal Reserve is a Private, for profit corporation. Are they going to have to pay taxes?

psst - so is the CDC, a so called public/private partnership where they take our money, aren't accountable and can get soft dollar arrangements from big pharma for them recommending drugs.
B-1 83
AG
This would destroy family farms and ranches.
GasAg90
Has anyone asked the question as to why the presidential houseplant is trying to sell a build back better plan when he hasn't finished demolishing America?
AggiEE
FJB and FJY
Mr. Lahey
AG
Where's all the local tards to defend this?
Fins Up!
AG
B-1 83 said:

Again, that's the plan.
B-1 83
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

Where's all the local tards to defend this?
They love it. It's the ultimate income and land redistribution.
agdaddy04
AG
Guess this is when we all go on food stamps?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
B-1 83 said:

Gonna destroy a lot more than that. Family businesses or curtail to the point they can't or don't want to grow.
Old Sarge
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

They want to destroy the middle class. They don't want you traveling. They don't want you to own a house or property. They don't want you to own more than one vehicle. They don't want you to have food choices. They don't want you to vacation or have disposable income for leisure. They don't want you to have choices for health care or education.

Wake up! It's a war, and they've declared it. The elitist white liberal is your mortal enemy.

Destroy the middle class, and make everyone poor and dependent on the government that is ruled by the totalitarian elites.
Hey there fella, you need to lower your expectations.

/The White House and MSM
Central Committee
AG
Unconstitutional IMO.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Buddy of mine thought he was being smart by moving to New Zealand.

Until they hit him up for tax on his unrealised stock gains.

As he put it to me, he had a dispute with the NZ Tax Office to the tune of about $200k regarding his unrealised stock profit for the previous year.
Waffledynamics
AG
How do you tax that which is not realized? As someone else said, can you write off unrealized losses?
Boo Weekley
B-1 83 said:

Can you think of a bigger white liberal wet dream?
APHIS AG
waitwhat? said:

Ah. This explains why I've been seeing memes about "the top 10% own 89% of all stocks" lately.
It is not only stocks but also mutual funds. They are cleverly hiding this fact for a large portion of the middle class owns them.
jefe95
AG
It's not just the middle class. Everyone with a 401k owns stocks.
jefe95
AG
Like the constitution matters anymore.

Arguing it's not income seems like a good strategy though. But the tyrants won't listen.

I would also argue that social security is also unconstitutional but that argument died a twisted fate decades ago.
Signel
AG
She says "extremely rich" but what we all know is anyone with $600 in their account and a transaction that involves buying something off an exchange or investment tool.

The leeches can't get enough.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.