The Car Shortage Is About To Get A Whole Lot Worse

20,413 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by C@LAg
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tanya 93 said:

No Spin Ag said:

TxTarpon said:

Have you been in a Harley Davidson dealership lately?

I have not seen that sparse of an inventory since the 1990s.

They're all sparse, at least in the Panhandle area. Lots are filled with used cars that aren't the same as what the dealer sells new.

Like many, I'm glad I went be in the market for a new vehicle for at least another 5 years.
My car is almost 14 years old

guess I will wait a couple of years for the Subaru.

Of course you'd want a Subaru... and here I thought you'd be driving the suburban soccer-mom standard Escalade or Expedition.
richardag
Tanya 93 said:

$90M said:

Who cares, cars suck anyways
I don't pretend to know anything about vehicles, I mean I cannot change a tire and barely know where the oil goes, but aren't all vehicles made from the same materials for the body and most of the components to make it run?

If cars suck, wouldn't trucks suck too?

If so, how do you get to work and the doctor?
Do you grow, raise, and process your own food and drink?
What about clothing? Use your own sheep and cotton fields to spin the cloth and make your own clothing?
What about shoes and paper and internet? How do you get those without road vehicles?
You won't get answers. That post you responded to was a drive by shooting, no thought. no rational thought process, just a snarky pointless attack.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Line Ate Member
AG
Maybe I should have driven my wife's 2013 Altima with 155k miles from NC to Houston.
One Louder
AG
Quote:

Guy who can't spell is probably a fry cook. Also no Ag Tag or premium - way more likely to be a fry cook. FOH

This $90M guy actually thinks that someone misspelled "cooks" as "cools". Derp. He's a tool but definitely not the sharpest one if he doesn't realize this is a case of autocorrect.
Bondag
AG
Bought a new truck on 3/30/20 when manufacturers started making ventilators. Get a call once a week to buy it back for more than I paid.
stoneyjr78
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/10/26/china-energy-crisis-beijing-not-likely-to-lift-coal-ban-on-australia.html

https://www.ft.com/content/1611e936-08a5-4654-987e-664f50133a4b
hut-ho78
eric76
AG
$90M said:

The Judge would like a word with you:

TxTarpon

Quote:

They're all sparse, at least in the Panhandle area. Lots are filled with used cars that aren't the same as what the dealer sells new.

Like many, I'm glad I went be in the market for a new vehicle for at least another 5 years.
I will be.

Hopefully I can find someone who is selling Grandma/dad's car with low miles like I normally do.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
No Spin Ag
eric76 said:

$90M said:

The Judge would like a word with you:

Independence H-D
Looks to me like a purposeful set up for economic meltdown. Time for Texit and back to steel body vehicles without that pesky EPA.
TxTarpon
Yeah!
Today?
Next week?

Are you in North Carolina?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Independence H-D
Not that I am aware of.....
C@LAg
TxTarpon said:

Yeah!
Today?
Next week?

Are you in North Carolina?
I have a 2019 GM Terrain for sale in NC (Wilmington, specifically) if you are interested....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.