Did I miss a flag thread?

4,567 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Decay
Pookers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
95LawAg said:

I continue to be dismayed that a board associated with my great university and allegedly populated by fellow Aggies has become an estuary for seditionists, treasonists, and traitors. What an embarrassment to our school and nation. Unfortunately, I guess if you build it, they will come. A neat little digital compound for the 2020s version of Posse Comitatus.
Go pound back your strawberry daiquiris somewhere else soy boy.
95LawAg
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

95LawAg said:

I continue to be dismayed that a board associated with my great university and allegedly populated by fellow Aggies has become an estuary for seditionists, treasonists, and traitors. What an embarrassment to our school and nation. Unfortunately, I guess if you build it, they will come. A neat little digital compound for the 2020s version of Posse Comitatus.

An estuary? Posse Comitatus? Someone got carried away with the random word generator.
I've got news for you- Aggieland was founded by patriots you'd consider "seditionists, treasonists, and traitors". Who do you think taught, administered and sent their children to College Station from 1876-1910? I'll take them over someone embarrassed by the flag of our forefathers.

Sorry, I did mean to talk above you. These references might help.

https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/marine-life/life-in-estuary

https://kansasreflector.com/2021/01/26/todays-insurrectionists-echo-the-1980s-sound-of-western-kansas/

We never stop learning, right?

"Embarrassed by the flag if our forefathers..." Boy, you really nailed that one. Good work.

You might not be officer material. You need more training weekends.
Pinochet
95LawAg said:

Mr. Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
95LawAg
AG
Pinochet said:

95LawAg said:

Mr. Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I'm getting a better understanding for why some or you on the far right hate schools so much. Embarrassing experiences can have a lasting effect.

Oh well, good night. Carry on. Have fun playing rebellion.
Pookers
AG
95LawAg said:

Pinochet said:

95LawAg said:

I'm getting a better understanding for why some or you on the far right hate schools so much. Embarrassing experiences can have a lasting effect.

Oh well, good night. Carry on. Have fun playing rebellion.
slimjimsims
AG
95LawAg said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

95LawAg said:

An estuary? Posse Comitatus? Someone got carried away with the random word generator.
I've got news for you- Aggieland was founded by patriots you'd consider "seditionists, treasonists, and traitors". Who do you think taught, administered and sent their children to College Station from 1876-1910? I'll take them over someone embarrassed by the flag of our forefathers.

https://kansasreflector.com/2021/01/26/todays-insurrectionists-echo-the-1980s-sound-of-western-kansas/

"Embarrassed by the flag if our forefathers..." Boy, you really nailed that one. Good work.

The boot is on your neck too, unfortunately you won't realize it until you have exhausted all utility.
oh no
AG
Fun with flags fact: Hugo Chavez changed the flag of Venezuela after he took power as a means to change history and diminish national pride.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
PA24 said:

ttu_85 said:

I'll stick with old glory. She fought the commies for 70 years until she was stabbed in the back.

The flag we have now is just fine. Let the enemy change theirs
Texit crowd talk a mean game but few will fight against ol glory.
Most folks in Texas will not fight against the US Marines if they came a calling. It would be suicidal.

Texas can't secede from the union without a fight from the USA. Nuts and tough talk going nowhere.

Sadly mistaken my friend. Not looking for a shooting fight with USA but freedom is worth fighting for, and we are losing that in the USA day-by-day.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Rebel Yell
AG
PA24 said:

ttu_85 said:

I'll stick with old glory. She fought the commies for 70 years until she was stabbed in the back.

The flag we have now is just fine. Let the enemy change theirs
Texit crowd talk a mean game but few will fight against ol glory.
Most folks in Texas will not fight against the US Marines if they came a calling. It would be suicidal.

Texas can't secede from the union without a fight from the USA. Nuts and tough talk going nowhere.

There is an old civil war movie "The Class of '61" and at the first battle the Southern Officer (fresh out of West Point) was frozen and not giving the order to fire. His second came over to him and said "reckon our grandpappies felt the same way firing on the Union Jack for the first time."

The Southern officer gave the order and the Southern artillery opened up.

Today I agree with you, but these things reach a tipping point and rapidly escalate. We aren't there yet. And I hope we never get there. But if we do, I agree there will be hesitation, but then there will be action.
azul_rain
You can leave
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
oh no
AG
and I continue to be dismayed by brainwashed sheeple who continue to be arrogant and insulting as if they're proud of what's happening to this country. …but way to insult your fellow aggies and be a hero for elitist Marxists on Texags!
End Of Message
AG
95LawAg said:

I continue to be dismayed that the profession I hold dear has been polluted by progressives with little respect for rule of law.

Old Sarge
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

If so, my mistake. Anyway, see these new usa flag designs from the NYT

I've designed a flag that acknowledges the emotions that informed where our country has been and the spirit of where it may go, with joy and forgiveness as possibilities. We can't ignore how we got here, but maybe we can move toward a different, even better place.

As graphic designers, our impulse is to work with graphics and see how small moves can make a big change. We decided to work with the existing elements: the stars and stripes. This flag is intended to suggest interdependency and togetherness. The two elements are interwoven to create a "fabric." Interweaving suggests that we depend on one another and that as a whole, America is a fabric, held together by equality.

For nearly 250 years, the American flag has been made and remade, evolving from a unifying emblem into a complex and contested vocabulary of symbols. In this flag, the familiar symbolism falls out of focus, giving way to something ambiguous, vague and difficult to define.

The colors of our flag are intended to stand for unity, valor and justice. The gray, monochrome flag represents America surrendering to its fall from power and loss of the ideals it once stood for. The American dream is being washed away.

"Lift Every Voice and Sing"
Black lives matter
Don't tread on me
In God we trust
A thin blue line
Under God, our vindicator
Keep America great
Progress pride

The American flag was once a unifying symbol; its red, white and blue belonged to everyone. But now, red and blue are tribal signals, and the flag seems to represent two factions forced to share a piece of fabric. By running a single purple bar across the middle, this flag reminds all of us of the constant potential and possibility inherent in America when red and blue come together as one.

In a word: Garbage
Who?mikejones!
95LawAg said:

I'm neither pro texit nor pro seccesion right now.

That said, I'm also not anti either of those options. They are both relevant and proper courses of action when necessary. The idea is not out of date any more than it was when the USA was created via separation from Great Britain. It says it right there in the constitution. We are on a path that is antithetical to the founding principles of our nation. At some point, either the momentum must be changed or a split will need to happen.

Further, according to recent polls, there's a significant amount of people on both sides who want to split.

Would you have been counseling the founders to be loyal to the British empire?

*wrong emoji
ttu_85
95LawAg said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

95LawAg said:

Trust me you didnt talk above anyone. The thought is comical.

And we never stop learning? Clearly some do as illustrated by your posting. You cant even understand the nation Biden is try to force upon us is NOT the nation of our founding. Or the nation that save the world from tyranny in the 1940's.

And you are not enlisted material
95LawAg
AG
ttu_85 said:

95LawAg said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

95LawAg said:

Trust me you didnt talk above anyone. The thought is comical.

And we never stop learning? Clearly some do as illustrated by your posting. You cant even understand the nation Biden is try to force upon us is NOT the nation of our founding. Or the nation that save the world from tyranny in the 1940's.

And you are not enlisted material

I have the highest regard for enlisted members of the US military, which include my stepson, numerous friends I worked with in the USAF, and those who work with my wife in the ANG.. I served our country as an officer.
You are correct, I am not enlisted material in the organizations some of you seem to aspire to.
BluHorseShu
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

95LawAg said:

I agree Aggieland was founded by patriots….smart, loyal Americans who would be embarrassed by the the right wing nut jobs trying to disrupt this great state. Fortunately the nuts only operate virtually in small, but vocal circle jerks and never actual act on anything.
Seriously77
Aggieland was formed for wayward farm boys, we are now on the world stage.

Let's jut let the duly elected do their job and stop with this TEXIT talk, we have a football game in a few hours that needs our support,

Team support not exit stage right.
BluHorseShu
AG
Seriously77 said:

Aggieland was formed for wayward farm boys, we are now on the world stage.

Let's jut let the duly elected do their job and stop with this TEXIT talk, we have a football game in a few hours that needs our support,

Team support not exit stage right.

Gig'em!!
oh no
AG
Bluhor and 95Law are correct. If you're against the policies of the elitist ruling class, if you don't agree with CRT that this is an evil horrible racist country, if you don't think 2 million mass migrants/year through an open border is a great idea, if you don't want your taxes raised and your government printing $5 trillion for green deals during an inflationary period, if you're skeptical about the government's mandated "science" and concerned with overreach and tyranny, and relative to this thread, if you don't want to change our flag, and then if you even consider possible options to get away or change course, then obviously you're a traitor and seditionist. …and obviously no one should be able to say or type opposing or dissenting political views or have a place on the internet where they are allowed to be discussed.

….^^is what a Marxist would say.
BluHorseShu
AG
oh no said:

Bluhor and 95Law are correct. If you're against the policies of the elitist ruling class, if you don't agree with CRT that this is an evil horrible racist country, if you don't think 2 million mass migrants/year through an open border is a great idea, if you don't want your taxes raised and your government printing $5 trillion for green deals during an inflationary period, if you're skeptical about the government's mandated "science" and concerned with overreach and tyranny, and relative to this thread, if you don't want to change our flag, and then if you even consider possible options to get away or change course, then obviously you're a traitor and seditionist. …and obviously no one should be able to say or type opposing or dissenting political views or have a place on the internet where they are allowed to be discussed.

….^^is what a Marxist would say.
You just made an example of your own point. That's the problem with TA…No one else is allowed to say or type anything the vocal majority disagrees with. There are almost no libs on F16 and only a few more right of center. The lunatic fringe treat F16 as their own Marxist forum. But nice try
ironmanag
AG
Oh look the liberal is showing his true colors again.
oh no
AG
BluHorseShu said:

No one else is allowed to say or type anything
you expect your commie lib friend to call everyone here traitors and seditionists and no one to say anything? You want to defend that and use that as a reason why you don't like it here? Come on, man!
Decay
AG
I thought it was the duty of people to make you uncomfortable? That's all I heard summer 2020? Well guess what, maybe your discomfort means we're right and you can't stomach it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.