Federal Reserve Predicts 4%+ Inflation Annually through 2024

9,089 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SA68AG
Tom Doniphon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe, instead of predicting what they think will happen, they should buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of gas, or a used car and see exactly what is happening.
nortex97
AG
CPI is going up 5.3 percent annually the past two months. Consumers aren't stupid, and if anything inflation expectations and reality alike will be more than 4 percent per year;

Meanwhile, the left is just mad at Manchin for being stubborn about a 3.5 trillion dollar bill, and raising our corporate taxes to a level higher than even China. There's a reason the fed itself surveys consumers, and why Veritas/others want the fed to turn it's focus to inflation.
mazag08
AG
LOL at liberals (economic idiots) telling consumers to not believe their lying eyes and lying wallets and to instead believe forecasts by liberal keynesian economists who have thus far been VERY wrong about almost everything.
gbaby23
AG
Wow! Thanks Fed! It is really is awesome how much inflation has gone up since your creation!

Sic Semper Tryannis
DannyDuberstein
AG
Where's 2020 kid with his shinebox to tell us how temporary this is?
Cassius
DannyDuberstein said:

He posted on page 2. You'll never guess what he said.
Fenrir
Old McDonald said:

per usual, this Twitter account posts misleading headlines that misinterpret original reporting

those figures are consumer expectations, the Fed isn't predicting them. it took a survey of households to determine consumer expectations and the numbers in OP are the result of the survey. when economists were polled they predicted lower numbers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-13/inflation-expectations-hit-4-among-u-s-consumers-fed-says

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-consumers-inflation-expectations-highest-8-years-ny-fed-says-2021-09-13/
Makes one wonder if these the same economists that routinely get employment numbers off by massive margins.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cassius said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I just got there. His mom is still claiming him on her taxes, but don't worry y'all. He knows stuff
AGHouston11
AG
Biden's American really sucks
The_Fox
Cassius said:

DannyDuberstein said:

That his nuts finally dropped?
oldcrow91
AG
Sounds like I will be raising rent on some folks.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Oldag2020 said:

I'm amazed that some of you believe you are smarter than the fed. It's mind blowing.

The article says the 4% is based on consumer expeditions. Basically all of the doomsayers believe inflation is 4%. It's completely detached from reality.

A better metric is that the market is pricing inflation at 2.5%. That's only .5% above the feds target, and is hardly something to be concerned by.

If you had two brain cells to rub together you would be very embarrassed by this post.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

per usual, this Twitter account posts misleading headlines that misinterpret original reporting

Per usual, Old McDonald immediately steps on a rake and takes a stick to the face.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Oldag2020 said:

I'm amazed that some of you believe you are smarter than the fed. It's mind blowing.

The article says the 4% is based on consumer expeditions. Basically all of the doomsayers believe inflation is 4%. It's completely detached from reality.

A better metric is that the market is pricing inflation at 2.5%. That's only .5% above the feds target, and is hardly something to be concerned by.
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
Ag In Ok
AG
Oldag2020 said:

One month ago today. I don't know what to say
fixer
" transitory" is the new "unexpectedly"
BadMoonRisin
lb3
AG
81M people voted for this.
waitwhat?
lb3 said:

81M people voted for this.

No, they didn't.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
AggieMD95
AG
If a Republican was in the White House the fed would've tripled interest rates by now. They're much more aggressive w rate hikes when they wanted to slow growth for W or DjT
mjschiller
AG
Federal Reserve is off by another 6+ %.
mjschiller
AG
OldAg2020 - where are you getting your calculations?
TxAgPreacher
S
Oldag2020 said:

I'm amazed you think the fed is smarter than your average citizen.

The fed is enabling, and advising us to print money, and to go deeper into debt. Pretty sure if I explained it to my 4 year old she would know better.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Year of the Germaphobe said:

Oldag2020 said:

What a bump. Damn... so friggin confident. Dumb dumb dumb.
Prosperdick
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Year of the Germaphobe said:

Oldag2020 said:

What a bump. Damn... so friggin confident. Dumb dumb dumb.

Lesson for you kids…older doesn't always mean wiser, ESPECIALLY if it's an old lib.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I dont think that dude is an older gentlemen. I think it is a new grad who was in the "Old Ags" organization.
samurai_science
Brutal
Prosperdick
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I dont think that dude is an older gentlemen. I think it is a new grad who was in the "Old Ags" organization.
Good point, I didn't catch the 2020.
richardag
Fedup said:

Wow. Hope Social security recipients get a commiserate bump or there won't be a senior alive that'll ever vote for the dems again.
They won't and didn't.
rynning
AG
According to the "72" rule, inflation at 5% will cut your money's value in half in 72/5=14 years.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-fast-is-your-dollar-deflating-2015-05-12
A New Hope
4% my azz
The Collective
AG
rynning said:

According to the "72" rule, inflation at 5% will cut your money's value in half in 72/5=14 years.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-fast-is-your-dollar-deflating-2015-05-12

Throw out those retirement projections!
SA68AG
AG
The only thing that's going to slow inflation down materially is reduced energy costs and/or a substantial increase in the Federal Reserve interest rates.

Today's 25 basis point increase and no policy changes for fossil fuels isn't going to slow anything down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.