Texas A&M professors implementing mask mandates

28,258 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WHOOP!'91
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lost my dog said:

Six pages of commentary, and I'll bet not a single current student posted. I saw one person post whom I know is staff on campus. The rest, it seems like a lot old Ags with too much time on their hands, with no current connection to campus, and whose knowledge of what happens on campus is limited to internet rumors.

From my observations , 80% of students don't wear masks. Some professors care and some professors don't. if you have a child on campus who feels their professor is pressuring them to wear a mask, for pete's sake stop being a helicopter parent and let your kid figure out how to deal with it.

(And I'm 5 days late to this thread, because the current students are now using it as an example on Reddit of how out of touch Texags is.)

Ah yes...Don't want the students getting any advice about pushing back on illegal demands....

Just submit to their overlords...

FWIW, I'm staff at a TAMUS school...
Gator_2
AG
I'm a current student at the Law School and I've actively posted about the policies here (which are more strict than main campus in several areas). Unfortunately most students are scared about backlash from professors and the administration and don't have the fortitude to challenge anything.
Easy come, easy go
BenFiasco14
AG
lost my dog said:

Six pages of commentary, and I'll bet not a single current student posted. I saw one person post whom I know is staff on campus. The rest, it seems like a lot old Ags with too much time on their hands, with no current connection to campus, and whose knowledge of what happens on campus is limited to internet rumors.

From my observations , 80% of students don't wear masks. Some professors care and some professors don't. if you have a child on campus who feels their professor is pressuring them to wear a mask, for pete's sake stop being a helicopter parent and let your kid figure out how to deal with it.

(And I'm 5 days late to this thread, because the current students are now using it as an example on Reddit of how out of touch Texags is.)

Reddit? Speaking of out of touch … that's site is farther left than forum 16 is to the right
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Sea Speed
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Reddit? Speaking of out of touch … that's site is farther left than forum 16 is to the right

And yet he is using it like it should be some badge of shame thst they don't like what we is said here.
Tanya 93
BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Hey
I discovered reddit during quarantine
I am addicted to reading AITA, entitled parents, and cooking.
Also, it is good for Duggar information so I know when Josh will finally go to trial
BigRobSA
Tanya 93 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Hey
Also, it is good for Duggar information so I know when Josh will finally go to trial

What is "Things outlined in Mein Kampf."?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Tanya 93
BigRobSA said:

Tanya 93 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Hey

What is "Things outlined in Mein Kampf."?
RIP Turd Ferguson
lost my dog
Gator_2 said:

I'm a current student at the Law School and I've actively posted about the policies here (which are more strict than main campus in several areas). Unfortunately most students are scared about backlash from professors and the administration and don't have the fortitude to challenge anything.
Oh, I will certainly grant you that law schools are their own special breed.

But you will have to grant me that what you see up in the Metroplex doesn't inform you as to what happens in College Station
lost my dog
Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

Ah yes...Don't want the students getting any advice about pushing back on illegal demands....

You can give your kid advice without posting on Texags. He/she almost certainly isn't reading here

You say advice, I say helicopter parenting...I'll let you be the parent to your kid

And if you're staff at a system school, almost certainly by definition you aren't knowledgeable about what happens on main campus, the same way someone in College Station shouldn't expound about what happens on your campus
lost my dog
Teslag
AG
lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

You can give your kid advice without posting on Texags. He/she almost certainly isn't reading here

You say advice, I say helicopter parenting...I'll let you be the parent to your kid

If the parent is footing the bill you can bet your ass they get a say
lost my dog
BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Except you can find current students there. And not here
lost my dog
Salute The Marines said:

lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

If the parent is footing the bill you can bet your ass they get a say
That's between you and your kid. But he/she won't read it here. And IMO you aren't doing a 20 year old any favors by telling them what to do
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Are teachers breaking the law or not?
oldarmyjess66
AG
TommyBrady said:

Theres multiple professors at TAMU now threatening to send home any student who doesn't wear a mask. Vet school clinical students were told they would also be sent home and docked professional points if they didn't mask up.

Most professors are telling students that students who don't mask up don't care about other students and are endangering peoples lives.

Its disgusting and disturbing to be turning Aggie students against each other, but I'm sure nothing will happen
F*** those a-hole professors.
sharpdressedman
Gator_2 said:

Understandable. You and your student colleagues need someone in authority to be your voice and hammer. I expect such a champion will have to come from outside your academic environment because teachers, too, can be intimidated.
lost my dog
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

(Snark alert) Which law? It's College Station - I am sure some professors ran red lights.

(More seriously) An executive order isn't a law. It's amazing how many people on this board are fine with Abbott being a dictator when they agree with his proclamation, but get their panties in a bunch when Biden issues an executive order they don't like.

(Even more serious) There are 3500 professors at A&M. I don't know WTF they all do in their classrooms. I can say the ones of whom I have knowledge are not discriminating against kids who don't wear masks.
Whirligigs
lost my dog said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

(Snark alert) Which law? It's College Station - I am sure some professors ran red lights.

(More seriously) An executive order isn't a law. It's amazing how many people on this board are fine with Abbott being a dictator when they agree with his proclamation, but get their panties in a bunch when Biden issues an executive order they don't like.

(Even more serious) There are 3500 professors at A&M. I don't know WTF they all do in their classrooms. I can say the ones of whom I have knowledge are not discriminating against kids who don't wear masks.

Shut up and go put on a mask like a good little boy.
chickencoupe16
AG
lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Hola, current student here. To be fair, I'm non-traditional but I was around here when I was traditional.
lost my dog
sharpdressedman said:

Gator_2 said:

Understandable. You and your student colleagues need someone in authority to be your voice and hammer. I expect such a champion will have to come from outside your academic environment because teachers, too, can be intimidated.
You may have no idea of the ego of law professors. Good luck intimidating them.

(FYI it's hard to tell people who can quit and easily find a position making mid six-figures what to do.)
lost my dog
chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

Hola, current student here. To be fair, I'm non-traditional but I was around here when I was traditional.
Yes, there are a few. Welcome. But you are a rarity
chickencoupe16
AG
lost my dog said:

chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

With reference to your first post, I'd say 80% is a little low from what I've seen but I am completely on West campus. I imagine main campus sees more masks.
lost my dog
Whirligigs said:

lost my dog said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I really hope you aren't a former student, but are just some keyboard warrior who joined Texags in August of this year to make angsty-boy posts. I would hate to think anyone who graduated from our fine institution was so rude.
lost my dog
chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

With reference to your first post, I'd say 80% is a little low from what I've seen but I am completely on West campus. I imagine main campus sees more masks.
I will certainly admit it is a rough estimate from a geographically limited sample, and it changes from day to day. I wouldn't make any bets based on it
chickencoupe16
AG
Totally with you. Mostly corroborating your estimate.
Ag with kids
AG
lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

And if you're staff at a system school, almost certainly by definition you aren't knowledgeable about what happens on main campus, the same way someone in College Station shouldn't expound about what happens on your campus
My kids aren't at A&M now. They're all getting old...

And you have zero ****ing idea what I know as staff...
Ag with kids
AG
lost my dog said:

chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

I like how you dismiss that you're wrong with a wave of the hand.

It's cool. We're not as dumb as you accuse us of being...
lost my dog
Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

Well, since I don't know you, you are right I don't know what you know.

But unless you are coming to College Station on a weekly basis, I'd bet you don't know what students on main campus are doing.

(If you're at RELLIS, you're the exception. But even if you're provost at Tarleton or Kingsville, you don't see what happens on main campus daily)
lost my dog
Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

chickencoupe16 said:

lost my dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

lost my dog said:

I like how you dismiss that you're wrong with a wave of the hand.

It's cool. We're not as dumb as you accuse us of being...
Would you prefer if I said that the strong majority of posters on here are not current students?

I never said you were dumb. I just said the crowd here is not made up of current students. I would hope that after students graduate from A&M they don't magically become dumb, because they are pretty smart when they are in school
Ag with kids
AG
lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

Ag with kids said:

lost my dog said:

Well, since I don't know you, you are right I don't know what you know.

But unless you are coming to College Station on a weekly basis, I'd bet you don't know what students on main campus are doing.

(If you're at RELLIS, you're the exception. But even if you're provost at Tarleton or Kingsville, you don't see what happens on main campus daily)
So, how are you the all knowing seer of all that happens on the CS campus?
txags92
AG
lost my dog said:

Whirligigs said:

lost my dog said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I really hope you aren't a former student, but are just some keyboard warrior who joined Texags in August of this year to make angsty-boy posts. I would hate to think anyone who graduated from our fine institution was so rude.
Says the guy with no Ag tag...
WHOOP!'91
AG
lost my dog said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

You can wear a mask if you want, but you don't have to wear one if you don't is being a dictator? Abbott is the worst dictator ever.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.