It's about to get bad in Afghanistan.

67,837 Views | 619 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by will25u
RulesForTheeNotForMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Poster said:

Pelosi is concerned. Bold leadership.

Pelosi, fly over there and tell them yourself! I'll pay for your first class one-way flight. Dems, your entire party is the laughing stock of the world. History will not be kind to them, nor the idiots that ever thought they should be in charge of anything more than a "we buy gold" spinning sign.
Dan Scott
AG
Domestic Afghan airliner about to take off. Doesn't say where it's going though.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Jayhawk said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Agthatbuilds said:

What. The. Absolute. ****.

Nice clown ****ing world we live in now, CM. No bad tweets. Terrorists in Sikorski UH-60's.

**** you, ******s.
Don't worry, if the Taliban are anything l ike the Afghan Air Force, they will refuse to learn how to maintain them even when offered free instruction and tools.

The US once bought the Afghan Air Force ~30 brand new C-27 Spartan twin engine cargo planes, ultra modern aircraft that even the U.S. didn't have at the time. I believe they went for around 30M a pop. The Afghan Air Force personnel assigned to the unit refused, as in literally refused, to show up and so much as pick up a wrench or learn how to take care of them (same thing happened with helicopters). Well.. this fleet of 30 million dollar each aircraft then just sat idle on the ramp in Kabul for ages. Eventually, an enterprising Afghan businessman had the entire lot of the C-27 busted up and sold to a scrap metal dealer.... for a grand total price of $40,000. That is what the Afghan war is (was).
This is so comforting. They dont know how to maintain airframes. I guess.

Problem is, they only need to pilot them for about 45 minutes to **** us up. And the FBI will pay for their apartments, training, visas, etc.
Who?mikejones!
Jayhawk
BadMoonRisin said:

Jayhawk said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Nice clown ****ing world we live in now, CM. No bad tweets. Terrorists in Sikorski UH-60's.

**** you, ******s.
Don't worry, if the Taliban are anything l ike the Afghan Air Force, they will refuse to learn how to maintain them even when offered free instruction and tools.

The US once bought the Afghan Air Force ~30 brand new C-27 Spartan twin engine cargo planes, ultra modern aircraft that even the U.S. didn't have at the time. I believe they went for around 30M a pop. The Afghan Air Force personnel assigned to the unit refused, as in literally refused, to show up and so much as pick up a wrench or learn how to take care of them (same thing happened with helicopters). Well.. this fleet of 30 million dollar each aircraft then just sat idle on the ramp in Kabul for ages. Eventually, an enterprising Afghan businessman had the entire lot of the C-27 busted up and sold to a scrap metal dealer.... for a grand total price of $40,000. That is what the Afghan war is (was).

Problem is, they only need to pilot them for about 45 minutes to **** us up. And the FBI will pay for their apartments, training, visas, etc.
I hear what youre saying.. but theres not much they could do with Mi-17 helicopters, even assuming they are competently piloted. If they scout out HLZ's maybe they could insert a group of their red unit guys in a particularly unwelcome place, but assuming a) the USMIL currently there is aware of this open source information that the Talibs have helos and b) USMIL could identify an Mi-17 as a threat .. it would not be very good odds for the air mobile talibs.
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott said:

Domestic Afghan airliner about to take off. Doesn't say where it's going though.

Flight is going to Zabol, Iran. It's near the border of Iran and Afghanistan
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!
Jayhawk
Dan Scott said:

Dan Scott said:

Looks like the airport is still open to civilian traffic, there are flights inbound from Dubai and Istanbul that are currently airborne and en route.
Who?mikejones!
I havent seen anything reporting any fighting between the Marines and the taliban. Anyone else see anything?
Jayhawk
Agthatbuilds said:

I havent seen anything reporting any fighting between the Marines and the taliban. Anyone else see anything?
Random twitter idiots claiming USAF airstrikes on Taliban positions west of town... there is going to be a lot of false information flying around in the next 24 hours, will be almost impossible to parse.
Dan Scott
AG
Jayhawk said:

Dan Scott said:

Dan Scott said:

Looks like the airport is still open to civilian traffic, there are flights inbound from Dubai and Istanbul that are currently airborne and en route.

Yep that's why I think nothing is happening and reports of fighting in Kabul right now are overblown.

There's only 1 runway. Americans and Westerners trying to get out I'm assuming would get priority over domestic Afghan airlines.
Ag In Ok
AG
And will head back to Pakistan?

When th sun rises and we don't have air superiority and their ground forces have turncoats with our equipment, this seems highly risky. Then again, i dont fly choppers.
Dan Scott
AG
The Afghan flight disappeared
92AG10
AG
Those aren't Blackhawks.

The Taliban uses social media too, that have for years.
Jayhawk
Turkish Airlines flight from Istanbul is on final into Kabul, so the airport is still open....
AquaAg1984
AG
Jayhawk said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Random twitter idiots claiming USAF airstrikes on Taliban positions west of town... there is going to be a lot of false information flying around in the next 24 hours, will be almost impossible to parse.
Especially with the lack of a true media presence in this country.
Dan Scott
AG
The flight from Dubai to Kabul is taking an interesting path. I don't know if this is normal or not but it's not entering Afghanistan air space. Instead of flying through Afghanistan to Kabul, it looks like it's staying in Pakistan and going to enter Kabul from the South.
Jayhawk
Dan Scott said:

The flight from Dubai to Kabul is taking an interesting path. I don't know if this is normal or not but it's not entering Afghanistan air space. Instead of flying through Afghanistan to Kabul, it looks like it's staying in Pakistan and going to enter Kabul from the South.
Possibly new directives to avoid airspace over Taliban controlled areas to the west and south of the country. There are mountains all around Kabul as well so you airplanes only have so many options on where they can catch the glide slope.
justcallmeharry
S
SIAP - When Mitt Romney questions Biden's tactics, you know Biden made a big, big, mess.

C@LAg
THEN:

C@LAg
BadMoonRisin
AG
Jayhawk said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Jayhawk said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Agthatbuilds said:

**** you, ******s.

I hear what youre saying.. but theres not much they could do with Mi-17 helicopters, even assuming they are competently piloted. If they scout out HLZ's maybe they could insert a group of their red unit guys in a particularly unwelcome place, but assuming a) the USMIL currently there is aware of this open source information that the Talibs have helos and b) USMIL could identify an Mi-17 as a threat .. it would not be very good odds for the air mobile talibs.
At this point, it's not a capability issue, its a culpability issue.
BadMoonRisin
AG
C@LAg said:

THEN:

I will go on the record as being embarrassed to vote for this stupid ******.
justcallmeharry
S
will25u
Rapier108
will25u said:

China, India, and Russia say "Good Luck".
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
uesAg
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/search?tfs=CBwQAhokagcIARIDS0JMEgoyMDIxLTA4LTE1cg0IAxIJL20vMDk5NDltcAGCAQsI____________AUABSAGYAQI&tfu=CmhDalJJYmtJdGVHWXhVRFZPVURSQlVrTkROV2RDUnkwdExTMHRMUzB0TFMxdmRYaHlNMEZCUVVGQlIwVlpZMmhaU0MxRFZFRkJFZ015TXprYUN3aWFod0lRQWhvRFZWTkVPQlp3bW9jQw
You can still leave today for $337
will25u
Short thread.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Godspeed to the people dealing with this mess on the ground right now.
The Fall Guy
AG
So is there fighting in Kabul or is this disinformation?
Not a Bot
AG
There was definitely some skirmishes after the power outage with tracer rounds all over the place. The big booms from air strikes were real.
Not a Bot
AG
Internet/cell blackout? Was hoping to get updates after sunrise. I'm not on Twitter. If y'all are up and seeing anything please post.
Who?mikejones!
Nothing substantial has come out
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.