It's about to get bad in Afghanistan.

67,797 Views | 619 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by will25u
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

tremble said:

Ernest Tucker said:

Is there no fight in these people at all? I mean they know what they are getting under the Taliban, how do you not fight till the death when faced with something like this?

It sounds like the tribal elders are negotiating surrenders. The national government is so corrupt and inept that nobody is really interested in dying for it.

Yeah, but what about just dying for yourself, your family and your neighbors?
Dying for your family gets your wife and children raped and sold into slavery. Family is worth killing for, rarely dying for.
Texarkanaag69
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

The Taliban chose the right opportunity to surge. That time is now when the United States has an incredibly weak leader.
I bet our good buds China and Russia are watching as well.
i is smart
AG
I move on Taiwan yesterday if I'm China.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!
It's about to go down. Chatter is taliban is 10km away from Kabul
Who?mikejones!
Ulrich
I don't get much into the weeds of how everything works in the Middle East.

But I know that ISIS was on the march and expanding during Obama's presidency, then got smoked by the Trump admin. I know that the Taliban was quiet under Trump, then 7 months into Biden's administration they took Afghanistan back.

The build up to war can take a while, but it's not nearly as complex and indirect as, say, the impact of regulatory policy on the economy.

If the Taliban were appropriately afraid they would still be in their holes, and if the US has the political will to stop them they will be stopped. Neither is the case.

Maybe letting the Taliban take over is the "right thing to do" in a realpolitik world, I don't know. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the Taliban waited all the way through the Trump presidency to move even though Trump said from day 1 that he wanted out.
Rockdoc
AG
Does anybody know the current status of our folks? I don't see how they all can get out.
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Who?mikejones!
5000 more American troops to Afghanistan? Not sure about this rumor. Not very much time left.
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Love Gun
Agthatbuilds said:

It's about to go down. Chatter is taliban is 10km away from Kabul

They're going to surround the city, then they'll take it to the negotiating table. US will say, "Just let us get out first". After that, they take Kabul and the country - effectively turning this into a major victory over the US and legitimacy for them around the world. Others now have confirmation that the US and it's mighty military is weak.

Twenty years and thousands of lives lost all around. Now, they're fixing to be worse off.

Great job, guys.
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
FJB
AG
Now a good time to drop some kinetics from space?
Who is John Galt?

Who?mikejones!
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Who?mikejones!
Hope the usaf is ready for some shock and awe.
Who?mikejones!

They gonna jump in? Unless they get there very quickly, where they going to land?
Seabreeze
British airborne headed in route now also. This is going to be a full scale counter attack, hopefully it's not to late
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Eliminatus
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

They gonna jump in? Unless they get there very quickly, where they going to land?
Our airborne divisions have their own extensive helo airlift capability. This is the preferred method these days of deployment. If you know any paratroopers, you should let them know how cool it is that they get to air assault into battle. (JK, you might get punched if you do that.)
Seabreeze
Who?mikejones!
Looks like us and UK might try to hold Kabul?

Might work if you can slow the blitz and then bring in heavy air power. To those who deployed there- how often did you have a chance at a full size fight?
Love Gun
Agthatbuilds said:

Hope the usaf is ready for some shock and awe.

Don't count on it. Have you met their commander in chief?

I bet Mattis is having a stroke right now.
Who?mikejones!
I'm sure they like to knock real loud before they enter the room.

Problem is, the taliban has already surrounded Kabul.
Who?mikejones!
It's set up so nicely for it. A bunch of terrorist on the road converging to one place.
C@LAg
Agthatbuilds said:

Looks like us and UK might try to hold Kabul?

Might work if you can slow the blitz and then bring in heavy air power. To those who deployed there- how often did you have a chance at a full size fight?
we have no plans to hold anything.

we are running with our tail between our legs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.