Texas!!

7,070 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Rapier108 said:

The problem is it only applies to the government entities.

Private businesses can and will fire people for not taking the experiential shots.

You want the government to tell them what to do?
No. That's tyranny and it's already happening under the "leadership" of President Houseplant.

"Tyranny" is what causes wars. "Tyranny" is how people get shot.
How the **** is it tyranny telling a company they can't discriminate based on a vaccination status? The muh private business crowd is fine with tyranny as long as the boot says walmart and not US Govt.

Private property rights and such.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Pookers
AG

Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

Private businesses can and will fire people for not taking the experiential shots.

No. That's tyranny and it's already happening under the "leadership" of President Houseplant.

How the **** is it tyranny telling a company they can't discriminate based on a vaccination status? The muh private business crowd is fine with tyranny as long as the boot says walmart and not US Govt.

Nah, this is a dumb take. You can't discriminate against religious views, sexual orientation, or medical disabilities; what makes forcing someone to take a drug A-ok as a condition of employment? Muh private business LOLbertarians are stuck in the 80s. Corporations ARE the government today.
samurai_science

Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Private companies can not mandate medical records so if mandated it can only be by honor code/company policy. How can a company prove you did not get the vaccine? Yes there are some pro-commie corporations, but I think there are many corporations that are just saying "Mandate" knowing they are not going to enforce didly-squat.
Teslag
AG
Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

If you don't like it don't shop or work there
Teslag
AG
Pookers said:

Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

Nah, this is a dumb take. You can't discriminate against religious views, sexual orientation, or medical disabilities; what makes forcing someone to take a drug A-ok as a condition of employment? Muh private business LOLbertarians are stuck in the 80s. Corporations ARE the government today.

Because those are protected classes defined by law. Vaccination status is not. But there should be no protected classes in my opinion. As business owner should be able to employ and serve whoever he wants for whatever reason.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Salute The Marines said:

Pookers said:

Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

Because those are protected classes defined by law. Vaccination status is not. But there should be no protected classes in my opinion. As business owner should be able to employ and serve whoever he wants for whatever reason.

Agreed.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Waffledynamics
AG
Abbott is a snake, but right now he is our snake.
samurai_science
IndividualFreedom said:

Quote:

Private companies can not mandate medical records so if mandated it can only be by honor code/company policy. How can a company prove you did not get the vaccine? Yes there are some pro-commie corporations, but I think there are many corporations that are just saying "Mandate" knowing they are not going to enforce didly-squat.
They are making us show a vaccine card, but of course they have no way of knowing it's legit. If we dont have one we have to remain masked at all times and can't use conference rooms.
Pookers
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Pookers said:

Clob94 said:

Rapier108 said:

If you don't like it don't shop or work there
And when the government successfully coerces all the big employers to mandate these things are people supposed to just build their own business? This is tyrannical nonsense.
Sully Dog
Bunk Moreland said:

Abbott's strategy: Copy DeSantis
I'll take it.

My state just went back to masks while working out in gyms.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How are they coercing them?
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

They are making us show a vaccine card,
Does this not violate HIPPA?
jopatura
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Quote:

They are making us show a vaccine card,
Does this not violate HIPPA?

No. HIPAA would be if the company asked your doctor directly without permission to talk to your doctor. There's no law that says an employer can't ask you directly.
Pookers
AG

ESG scores, social pressure, political pressure behind closed doors. Don't tell me this isn't happening because CNN isn't blasting it on the TV.
Big Bucks
AG
wbt5845 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Great plan, actually.

WWRDD?
rab79
AG

Rapier108 said:

BAKE THE CAKE!!!
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Teslag
AG
Abbott's EO is actually much stronger than DeSantis'
Krazykat
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

No need to reinvent the wheel!
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG

titan
S
Bunk Moreland said:

Not all can be the leader or has it in them. It is more than sufficient when 40 odd are on the wrong side in direction for one to be the kind that follows the right guy, and backs up the No.1 reliably. Not all are Travis at the Alamo -- but there were many behind him in spirit.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
IndividualFreedom
HIPPA vs. Employer Mandated Vaccine Cards:

https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/hipaa/index.html

What information is protected?

All medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by a covered entity in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, are covered by the final rule.

So can employer mandate that you prove to them you do not have HIV/AIDS?
BMX Bandit
AIDS is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Not being vaccinated is not.
zephyr88
AG
cevans_40 said:

Good news. Abbott is working overtime trying to not get primarried.
Alright, Alright, Alright...

Good Abbott
IndividualFreedom
I just spoke with the Director of HR for the an extremely large oil field services company based out of Houston, Tx. and this individual said asking employees for for a "Vaccine Card" absolutely breaks HIPPA law.

I am going with this answer.
Panama Red
AG
Go with makes you feel good. Don't let facts get in your way.

Kidding aside, if what you say is true, where are the lawsuit claiming violation of HIPAA if asking an employee to show a vaccine card violates the law?

Even the lady at Methodist that sued didn't make that claim, and she was crazy enough to think the "Nuremberg trials" were medical experiments the Nazis did on Jews.
ttu_85
Bunk Moreland said:

Works for me !!!
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
rab79 said:

Rapier108 said:

BAKE THE CAKE!!!

I don't believe they should have had to bake the cake, so I'm not sure what your point is.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Pookers said:

ESG scores, social pressure, political pressure behind closed doors. Don't tell me this isn't happening because CNN isn't blasting it on the TV.

I guess you're incorrectly implying that I watch CNN.
NonReg81
AirAgs said:

Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Order Blocking Mask, Vaccine Mandates in State | Newsmax.com

AMEN
Pookers
AG

Pookers said:

I guess you're incorrectly implying that I watch CNN.
I don't care what you watch; to assume the US government is not putting pressure on large corps to mandate the fauci juice is the panicle of naivete.
H2Ag
AG
I was just wondering how a company can require a experimental vaccine that is not approved for regular use? Why wouldn't doing this be against safety policies. I do realize politics would prevent OSHA from doing its job but it would be nice to use federal over regulation against our dear leaders.
et98
AG
Lots of big-government types on this thread
Pookers
AG
H2Ag said:

I was just wondering how a company can require a experimental vaccine that is not approved for regular use? Why wouldn't doing this be against safety policies. I do realize politics would prevent OSHA from doing its job but it would be nice to use federal over regulation against our dear leaders.
Because muh private business.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Nice.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.