Boeing 737 Cargo Jet crashes in Pacific Ocean off of Oahu.

6,076 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by whatthehey78
JB!98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The second guy really reminds me of Lt. Kent Gregory,
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Their departure time was in the middle of the night. Did they take on avgas instead of Jet A by mistake?
You do realize the pilots don't drive up to a self serve gas station and pump their own gas?
akaggie05
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

Their departure time was in the middle of the night. Did they take on avgas instead of Jet A by mistake?
You do realize the pilots don't drive up to a self serve gas station and pump their own gas?

Edit: here's a paper on it...

https://www.nata.aero/assets/Site_18/files/Safety%201st%20documents/DEF%20Contamination_NATA%20News_5_23_19.pdf

Of course, but I do wonder about who's running the fuel truck, or who filled the truck previously whilst on the graveyard shift. There have also been documented instances of aircraft fuel contamination by other substances present on the ramp for ground service vehicles (DEF in particular). My bet is still a fuel issue of some sort.
GAC06
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

GAC06 said:

Fuel and souls on board is so freaking dumb. Fix it, FAA
Curious why that bugs you and your alternative.

It's pointless information that only distracts a task saturated crew. It's useless. Fuel and souls on board makes no difference in ATC handling. So we had a controller stepping on transmissions already but also demanding useless information.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Hey Nav said:

If I hear the recording at 1:07 + , they were cleared back to base, but indicated they needed time to run check lists. Does that sound correct?

Ugh.

At the very end, when ATC was indicating the freq to click on the runway lights for the field to their north, those guys still seem awfully cool, calm, and collected.

Barbers point is the other field, great little airport
nortex97
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Wonder what the cargo was?

Amazon packages?

Maricopa County ballots?

Iranian money delivery?
It probably had something to do with Hunter Biden.
Aston04
AG
GAC06 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

GAC06 said:

Fuel and souls on board is so freaking dumb. Fix it, FAA
Curious why that bugs you and your alternative.

It's pointless information that only distracts a task saturated crew. It's useless. Fuel and souls on board makes no difference in ATC handling. So we had a controller stepping on transmissions already but also demanding useless information.
I wouldn't say totally useless. I'm sure the rescuers using night vision goggles out in the ocean appreciated knowing they were looking for specifically 2 people. Not 1 or 3 or 150. That's helpful.

I do agree that info could be delivered in a much more efficient way than asking for souls on the plane while the pilots are already very busy trying to save it.
fullback44
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Amazon packages?

Maricopa County ballots?

Iranian money delivery?
ballots probably
zephyr88
AG
I always like the spin.

Newsflash

Water Landing = Crash
Sid Farkas
AG
nortex97 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Amazon packages?

Maricopa County ballots?

Iranian money delivery?
It probably had something to do with Hunter Biden.

Or Trump's Russia collusion
Hey Nav
AG
Way back about 40 years ago, I was in Undergraduate Navigator Training, and our primary training aircraft was the T-43, which was a modified 737-200.

Wiki says the Air Force took delivery of 19 of those aircraft in 1974.

That -200 that went into the water was an old bird with lots of hours, I'd imagine. Of course, that's not to say how many hours were on those particular engines, or how good that company's maintenance procedures are.

Hope those pilots heal up well. Sounds like they did a great job under the circumstances.

Pressing to get back to HNL may have put people in the flight path in danger.

A successful night water landing.

Good job, gentlemen.
CanyonAg77
AG
Any landing you can walk swim away from is a good landing.
Hey Nav
AG
Sounds like one pilot was hanging on to the tail.

One was hanging on to floating boxes.

A night they will never forget.

whatthehey78
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Amazon packages?

Maricopa County ballots?

Iranian money delivery?
You forgot:

All of the above (+) My firearms?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.