Chair force earning its nickname

6,891 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rocag said:

Got curious about what the standards for the walk was. Apparently its just a 2km walk that you have about 16 minutes to finish. That's just a little faster than the standard per mile pace for a 12 mile ruck in the Army...

2km in 16 minutes seems more like an indirect way to see if you have a pulse than a any kind of endurance/fitness test.
eric76
AG
vmiaptetr said:

eric76 said:

vmiaptetr said:

Army, Navy, Marines: "If I were going to do it all over again, I'd go Air Force."

Air Force: "If I were going to do it all over again, I'd go Coast Guard."
A cousin of mine spent a few years in the Coast Guard in the early 1970s. He spent a lot of his time on a ship at sea adrift at some place in the Pacific Ocean providing radio and navigation assistance to aircraft in the area.

That makes the Air Force look a lot better. Have you ever heard of someone being adrift in a flying airplane for months at a time?

When a Coastie says he "spent a lot of his time on a ship at sea adrift at some place in the Pacific Ocean," he's talking about Hawaii.

Edit: and his idea of "a lot of his time on a ship" is probably around 1 weekend a month, two weeks a year.
They were out for months at a time on Ocean Station Duty.
Teslag
AG
I wish I had gone Air Force instead of army. It is a no brainer when comparing the two.
DamnGood86
AG
My Army dad always said the AF had Colonels sweeping the runways.
Hey Nav
AG

Aim High. Go Air Force.

sam callahan
Let's just ask them if they identify as being fit and be done with it.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

China and Russia are laughing at us.
China and Russia is laughing.

But it's not concerning the men and women and capabilities of the USAF.

Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Air Farce
Would love to know your credentials, Owlagdad. Please enlighten.
Eliminatus
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

Air Farce
Would love to know your credentials, Owlagdad. Please enlighten.

Air Farce

-USMC Grunt
IslanderAg04
Aggie Infantry said:

Three points:

1. The Air Force is a viable alternative to military service.

2. When you meet someone who says they were "in the military", ask "Air Force?". 9 out of 10 times they will answer "yes". An Army vet says "Army". A Navy vet replies "Navy". Marines say "Marines". Only the USAF says "Military".

3. Finally - the Coast Guard is not "military". They are Department of Homeland Security.

Coast Guard operates under the Navy during war times. Before homeland they reported to Department of Transportation.

Grandfather was in the coast guard and was a sonar operator on a Fletcher. Fought in Atlantic and Pacific.
maddiedou
AG
Okay since the post are all over the place and instead of starting a new topic yall all seem like yall been thru it

My son is trying to choose one of the above

Background
23. TEXAS A&M graduate this year
Wants to eventually be FBI or CIA. Really I thing NCIS stuff but we all know how our paths have chosen us and we do not choose our path

Anyway he is looking at one of these branches to find the one which would put him on the correct path to the above

Bwry reaponsible
6.1. 160 lbs and he is work strong

Last. He has worked for me since 11 and started at 4.00 an hour and now he makes 15.00 and saves every dang dime

The reason for the above He paid for all of his school and rent

So any advice that I can forward on to him to let him make a decision is helpful and thank yall for your service
maddiedou
munch96
AG
"Only he who has seen better days and lives to see better days again knows their full value." - Mark Twain, Notebook, 1902
maddiedou
AG
Well made it 6 seconds and was laughing I dont know if I should even tell him about this thread or that video
maddiedou
NormanAg
AG
The AF equivalent of NCIS is OSI. I have no idea what the requirements are and I don't know if they take new enlistees into the career field, but a google search or your local AF Recruiting office can provide that info.

My next door neighbor (in IL) is in OSI and I had a four year tour at Andrews AFB and lived on base. I met a lot of OSI guys and my wife and I got to be drinking buddies with a few of them. And FWIW, I'm pretty sure the REAL NCIS is not like the TV version. It certainly wasn't like that for my OSI buddies. But from some of their stories, it is definitely an interesting career field.
maddiedou
AG
Yes. I just said ncis

He has mentioned OSI. And I am going to Aggieland thread to post about OSI. He has heard that there is a cspd that was airforce OSI and he asked me to try to find him so maybe he would talk with him about it

Thanks for the post
maddiedou
APHIS AG
When we first got involved in Bosnia, the first thing that the Army established was a Tactical Operations Center and GP mediums for the troops.

When the Air Force arrived the first thing that got built was a PX and indoor living quarters for their "people".

And the Air Force personnel ate very well.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

When the Air Force arrived the first thing that got built was a PX and indoor living quarters for their "people".

Do you know how I know you weren't there?
Jock 07
AG
Rocag said:

Got curious about what the standards for the walk was. Apparently its just a 2km walk that you have about 16 minutes to finish. That's just a little faster than the standard per mile pace for a 12 mile ruck in the Army...

Pretty sure that's the old chart for the walk which was an alternative to the run if injured. I don't think it's been a thing for a few years now. The new test breaks down at 5 year intervals.
Krazykat
AG
Buck Turgidson
I wonder who eats better: Air Force or Navy? I never ate AF chow, but I got to eat some Navy food a couple times and it was a lot better than what I got fed on the Marines or later the TXARNG.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.