Woke is a cult

3,670 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cargo Shorts FTW
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

http://cultresearch.org/help/characteristics-associated-with-cults/
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Maroon Dawn
AG
thirdcoast
AG
Good thing this hasn't yet infected our political leaders....

Artorias
AG
It's like they are oblivious how disturbing their behavior is
Ag87H2O
AG

Romello
Woke is what losers in life cling to when they have nothing else going for them. It makes them feel a part of something. Gives them a purpose. Misguided but a purpose nonetheless.
The_Fox
Waffledynamics said:

Looks like repealing the 19th Amendment should take care of most of that BS.
richardag
Waffledynamics said:

Did they hand out Kool Aid to these minions like Jim Jones.

That is some seriously deranged crap going on.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
cbr
AG
Lol people, woke is a tool of international financial elites, who ironically a mostly white old money families, coincidentall aligned with china, to destroy the middle class, primarily that of america.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Covid super spreading b$trds!
Cowman1
thirdcoast said:

What a bunch of sorry **** losers!
Tom Doniphon
Where's Jim Jones to mix them some kool-aid?
MemphisAg1
AG
thirdcoast said:

The groveling to woke gods is beyond embarrassing.
fixer
I love how liberals and leftists sit around and act like they aren't part of this cult either.
CanyonAg77
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I think they got the salute wrong.

AGinHI
AG
People need a god/s.

And if they don't believe in God they will create their own.

Or become their own gods. Or willingly submit to someone else.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
thirdcoast
AG
Cowman1 said:

thirdcoast said:

What a bunch of sorry **** losers!

Yep, no "posing as the benefactor " here. Maybe if LeBron ever got past page 2 in his Malcom X book he would realize what a tool he is, literally.

Malibu
Would be great too if you read past Xs trip to Mecca in Alex Haley's autobiography of Malcom where he walked back several quotes like that.
SCHTICK00
AG
AGinHI said:

People need a god/s.

And if they don't believe in God they will create their own.

Or become their own gods. Or willingly submit to someone else.

Nail on the head, you hit it
thirdcoast
AG
Nah, he was absolutely right about white liberals. Do you have a quote about "walking it back"?

My guess is he was trying to play them for leverage if he did walk anything back.

So do you think Pelosi and Schumer were authentic in calling up the camera crews for a coordinated Kunta kente cloth kneeling ceremony? Hell no, they are posing for power just like X preached.
Malibu
Just read his autobiography and it'll be very clear post Mecca he was profoundly changed about racial issues, particularly around White allies. Getting kicked out of Nation of Islam (that quote was in his Elijah Mohammed follower days) and converting to actual Islam and participating in the Hajj gave him a more every man is my brother perspective. He, like other polemics, had a change of heart and certain quotes used frequently are from a selective more ideologically rigid part of their life.

As far as Nancy and Shumer, they're playing politics and are just as much method actors as Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley. When you recognize that a meaningful % of Congress is filled with narcissistic method actors it's easier to see that kind of behavior for what it is.
96AgGrad
AG
Equating Cruz/Hawley to Pelosi/Schumer.

A+ troll
Malibu
96AgGrad said:

Equating Cruz/Hawley to Pelosi/Schumer.

A+ troll

Not a troll. But perhaps you should question a little deeper whether everyone on Team Red is a true public servant faithfully acting on deeply held principles, or are just as much the narcissistic blowhards from the other side. I have a healthy cynicism of every politician.
thirdcoast
AG
I think Cruz and Hawley genuinely believe there was foul play in the election, and have provided clear examples. Maybe Cruz wasn't authentic in cleaning up the Cancun trip PR, but don't really see how they have posed one way while taking action counter to that.
Malibu
thirdcoast said:

I think Cruz and Hawley genuinely believe there was foul play in the election, and have provided clear examples. Maybe Cruz wasn't authentic in cleaning up the Cancun trip PR, but don't really see how they have posed one way while taking action counter to that.

Maybe they do, but I think more likely than not they see an opening in pandering to suckers to improve their bona fides from the base.
Tom Doniphon
Even if the whole bunch are crooks - and at the federal level, they likely are IMHO - the ideologies of conservatives are still correct. The debate should always be ideas / policies as opposed to "two scoops of ice cream," "mean tweets," or "cancun vacations."
Maroon Dawn
AG
Malibu2 said:

thirdcoast said:

Maybe they do, but I think more likely than not they see an opening in pandering to suckers to improve their bona fides from the base.

See?

Whine about Cruz? All day

Take responsibility for the **** show his vote for Biden/Harris is causing?

Never

But hey it proves my point
thirdcoast
AG
Malibu2 said:

thirdcoast said:

Other than having a politician tone and delivery, I don't see any evidence of such pandering. Consistency and lack of hypocrisy set them miles apart from typical dems.

Schumer- calls himself the "guardian of Israel" and leader in dem party but doesn't say a word about the antisemitic young congresswomen vocal in his party.

Pelosi- goes to China town and denounces covid meds for no other reason than to oppose Trump and pander.

Swallwell- calls Trump a Russian agent for years, while cheating on his wife with Chinese spy.

You don't really see this stuff as much on the right, but if you do it gets 100x the airtime. Liberals have no principles, tons of evidence to support that.
Malibu
Nope, total fail. I just threw Nancy and Chuck under the bus but you ignored that part because it fits your libs are stupid strawman shtick.
Evanhue
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

thirdcoast said:

The groveling to woke gods is beyond embarrassing.
I'm trying to picture our Founding Fathers on their knees pulling a stunt like that. It's beyond shameful.
counter subconscious espionage
CanyonAg77
AG
Malibu2 said:

thirdcoast said:

Just because that's the MO if the politicians you support, does not mean that all are that way.
Malibu
I stand by my assessment of Hawley and Cruz as method actors. I don't hold that view of all politicians left or right, but certainly those 2, as well as Pelosi / Shumer on the left.
aggie93
AG
Malibu2 said:

I stand by my assessment of Hawley and Cruz as method actors. I don't hold that view of all politicians left or right, but certainly those 2, as well as Pelosi / Shumer on the left.
If you see those 2 as method actors I'd love to hear who you think is not in politics, especially among Dems.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
aggie93 said:

Malibu2 said:

If you see those 2 as method actors I'd love to hear who you think is not in politics, especially among Dems.
FWIW, the best way to tell is how often you can find them being on completely opposite sides of the same issue for political expediency. Say what you will about Cruz and Hawley but they are consistent conservatives and can explain their political philosophy in great detail.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.