Trump Intends to Run Again

8,190 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cecil77
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ultimately, the definition of winning is being the one holding the prize at the end. That's just how it works.... he's not in power, so he lost.

Hopefully someone more competent than either of them steps up, that can lead with more than a warm fuzzy campaign slogan and some feel good actions.

Bryanisbest
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

I hate to say it but I think DJT is damaged goods.

He need to focus on congress for '22 and support DeSantis/Nomes for president/VP, then show them where all the bones are located.

How will the goods look if these audits show he won? They will again be highly sought after!
blacksox
Didn't this dude just get his ass whipped by millions of votes??? I guess he'll make that up somehow. Run that dude!
McKinney Ag69
AG
If trump gets more significantly more votes than last election and "loses" this country is going to rip itself apart.
TRADUCTOR
GAC06 said:

Trump running again will be a disaster

For you & your ilk.
Jaxson11
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.
Get Trump to Run with DeSantis.

Trump runs away with the last election if there is any transparency and voting laws in about 7 counties that flipped it.
COVID was the ultimate test and Desantis handled it much better than Trump.
BoydCrowder13
Biden should be very beatable in 4 years. Though I doubt he'll run again at 82. If the Biden administration continues to be a disaster, Kamala would be beatable as well.

But Trump has no chance. He has done nothing but lose support since Nov 3. If he runs, he'll get embarrassed. Simple as that. Exercise in futility.

DeSantis or someone with some brains has a great shot.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Jaxson11 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.
Get Trump to Run with DeSantis.

Trump runs away with the last election if there is any transparency and voting laws in about 7 counties that flipped it.
COVID was the ultimate test and Desantis handled it much better than Trump.

This is comparing apples to oranges and is still an awful take.
ALL IN 2013
AG
Pretty astonishing how weak the average "conservative" is. Trump is the only person that has exposed our government for what it is. The left hates him for it, and the media combined with big tech has tried to destroy him for it. We're in a war with the left right now. Give me four years of Trump not worrying about re-election and absolutely destroying the worthless commies that have infiltrated all levels of our government. And then give me 8 years of Desantis.
Oak Tree
AG
ALL IN 2013 said:

Pretty astonishing how weak the average "conservative" is. Trump is the only person that has exposed our government for what it is. The left hates him for it, and the media combined with big tech has tried to destroy him for it. We're in a war with the left right now. Give me four years of Trump not worrying about re-election and absolutely destroying the worthless commies that have infiltrated all levels of our government. And then give me 8 years of Desantis.

Trump definitely exposed the corrupt Democrats with words...zero action. He lost the election because he did nothing to stop Democrats and bring them to justice. Conservatives should expect Republicans to do more than talk.
geb83
AG
ALL IN 2013 said:

Wish I could star this 100 times.

Stunning how so many on here that proclaim themselves conservative make so many idiotic statements. DeSantis is great, and has a future. Trump would curb stomp any to the 47th if it was a free and fair election, which sadly I doubt.

Don't know what you Never Trumpers hate more: higher medium income across all races and economic classes; peace treaties in the mid east; starting no wars; telling China to pound sand; telling European NATO members to pony up; actually controlling the border (often promised by Rep Candidates, supposed "conservatives", but never delivered - of course, they're all CoC Republicans, who value the green more than the Red, White & Blue); cut onerous regulations; energy independence; actually starting initiative to teach American History again in schools. I'm leaving out countless achievements in such a short time (most Presidents you'd mention one or two, or none). The man kicked ASS. We need that.

I don't know. I guess most are either on or hope to be on DeSanitis' campaign staff, or are already contributing hoping to cash in later on, or are "all in' on Establishment DC tradition, or are just somehow threatened by a man who told you what he'd do, and DID IT!

There's a LOT of pissed off Americans out there of all races and genders who want their jobs back, want a secure border, want the lower gas prices, HATE the CRT is being taught to, brainwashed into their kids, want a leader who will stand up to China, and one who actually loves and respects his country, despite its faults.

They will come out again for him, just like they did in 2016, and even more so in 2020, the greatest theft in the world's history.
Faustus
Boo Weekley said:

I really hope he doesn't and that he endorses Desantis instead. Worst case scenario is some type of nasty major beef between the two of them that somehow splits the party. But even though Trump helped pave the way for a Desantis type as a realistic option, I could see Desantis embarrassing Trump in primaries if it came to that. He's just Trump, but more intelligent and without some of the self-sabotaging flaws.

Melania and his family may want no part of this as well. They know that the only people that matter respect them and view him as the best president we've had in a long time.

Trump would destroy Desantis if it was an actual challenge. Trump is far and away the most popular conservative. In what world would Desantis pit himself against the kingmaker?

Given your Desantis embarrassing Trump scenario are we thinking Cruz is mortified too, or was he sufficiently cowed last go round?
sultanofshreveport
AG
I really hope he does. That fat orange POS will be even easier to beat the second time.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The Dems probably WANT Trump to run in 2024. Best case scenario for them.

And a 78 year old Trump running against an 82 year old Biden...yuck. Trump vs Biden 2020 was sad enough that was the best pu pu platter of choices a country of 300 million could come up with. Having an even more stale Version 2.0 of that menu....ugh.
BMX Bandit
Biden ain't running in 2024
nortex97
AG
Faustus said:

Boo Weekley said:

I really hope he doesn't and that he endorses Desantis instead. Worst case scenario is some type of nasty major beef between the two of them that somehow splits the party. But even though Trump helped pave the way for a Desantis type as a realistic option, I could see Desantis embarrassing Trump in primaries if it came to that. He's just Trump, but more intelligent and without some of the self-sabotaging flaws.

Melania and his family may want no part of this as well. They know that the only people that matter respect them and view him as the best president we've had in a long time.

Trump would destroy Desantis if it was an actual challenge. Trump is far and away the most popular conservative. In what world would Desantis pit himself against the kingmaker?

Given your Desantis embarrassing Trump scenario are we thinking Cruz is mortified too, or was he sufficiently cowed last go round?
I don't think it's a gimme that Trump does run again, but it is highly improbable he and DeSantis compete head to head for the nomination.

To the leftists here; he's undefeated in real elections, and I'd love to see him win a third time and get sworn back in. The country will be facing massive inflation, and problems from all of the Harris policies by 2024 so either can win easily, imho, unless the Dominion etc. cheating is allowed again including states like Arizona and Georgia.

Quote:

Trump isn't going away. The populist moment is here. It's here to stay. And this is merely halftime. Trump's political value hasn't depreciated in any way, shape, or form. What to do? He's in his 70s. He's rich. Why bother running for office again when he can enjoy his money? Would he like the kingmaker role? If Trump decides to run again, the primaries are over. If he doesn't, he needs to pick a successor, and right now, that looks like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. The only question is whether the base will follow? We all see what happens when Trump isn't on the ballot. Turnout dips, but DeSantis is popular with more establishment types as well. Political coalitions are often non-transferable. Will Trump be an exception to the rule if he gets behind DeSantis quickly? We shall see.
ALL IN 2013
AG
Oak Tree said:

ALL IN 2013 said:

Trump definitely exposed the corrupt Democrats with words...zero action. He lost the election because he did nothing to stop Democrats and bring them to justice. Conservatives should expect Republicans to do more than talk.

Trump was anything but all talk. He had the country operating at a level we haven't seen before and was making weekly accomplishments that would be most presidents signature achievement. All while he was under a constant barrage of attacks from our worthless media and the left.

The problem is republicans are weak. Trump was the one fighting and a few others would give some sound bites every now and then, but the republicans were the ones that let the Russia hoax happen. They should have destroyed that abomination of an investigation on day one. Trump couldn't because the media would have just used it as "evidence" he was guilty. They essentially tied Trumps hands behind his back for two years. Then they tied them again with the plandemic last year. Still he had defeated the Russia hoax and had the country running smoothly and everything was set up for him to finally go on the attack in the legal system before Covid hit. The left knows it too. If you gave them a choice of Desantis or Trump as president in 2024, they would all choose Desantis. That should tell you all you need to know. And I love Desantis and think he will be a great president one day, but if we have a chance at four more years of Trump we can't afford to pass it up.
hgc159
AgBQ-00 said:

Thinking this may be a play by Trump to cause the slings and arrows to come at him while the others build in the shadow of the show it creates. But who knows. He may actually run again.
This.
AGHouston11
AG
Oak Tree said:

ALL IN 2013 said:

His fellow Republicans failed. His AG's failed.
Trump was under attack 24/7 by his own party.
Burdizzo
AG
hgc159 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Thinking this may be a play by Trump to cause the slings and arrows to come at him while the others build in the shadow of the show it creates. But who knows. He may actually run again.
This.

Again, Trump would never lower himself to play the role of decoy.
cecil77
AG
Unless it was his idea...
Proper Twelve
AgBQ-00 said:

4 years ago I may have believed that. Shoot maybe even 2 years ago. But from what I've seen, trump is not nor ever has been playing 4 D chess
Burdizzo
AG
cecil77 said:

Unless it was his idea...

Again.

Trump would never intentionally propose, say, or do anything that would make himself look anything other that superlative.

Some of us may believe he would do that for the party. He has never been in this for the party. He has done this for Donald Trump.
thirdcoast
AG
Imagine a DeSantis Kamala debate
txagbear
good
Actual Talking Thermos
BoydCrowder13 said:

If the Biden administration continues to be a disaster, Kamala would be beatable as well.
"If" and "would" don't enter into it. Kamala is and always has been extremely beatable. The question is not whether she can be beaten, it's whether they can find some way make her appealing enough to have any chance of winning whatsoever.

Assuming Biden is alive and ambulatory, they will probably just run him again if their best alternative is Kamala.
BoydCrowder13
ActualTalkingThermos said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

If the Biden administration continues to be a disaster, Kamala would be beatable as well.
"If" and "would" don't enter into it. Kamala is and always has been extremely beatable. The question is not whether she can be beaten, it's whether they can find some way make her appealing enough to have any chance of winning whatsoever.

Assuming Biden is alive and ambulatory, they will probably just run him again if their best alternative is Kamala.

Problem is they have an automatic ace. COVID in 2020. The economy will naturally improve this year from where it was last year. Cases will naturally go down.

The pitch to uneducated voters only has to be: "Remember the unemployment, riots and COVID deaths of 2020? Biden turned it all around. Inflation? Trouble in the Middle East? Trump left a legacy of chaos. Biden will improve what Trump broke given more time."

Obviously that is BS but a campaign manager will push that message and people probably will eat it up. Worked for Obama in 08 and 12.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

Trump would never intentionally propose, say, or do anything that would make himself look anything other that superlative.
If it worked, he would be superlative.
Old McDonald
america already demonstrated it would rather have a octogenarian house plant as president than trump. if he runs again he will lose, he will blame it on cheating again, his base will believe it, continue tilting at windmills, and refuse to confront that the electorate isn't buying what he's selling no matter how desperately they want it to.
username checks out
cecil77
AG
Most liked what he was selling, just not the way he was selling it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.