Liberal teacher cries to school board about lifting COVID rules

6,525 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Boo Weekley
AG N ASIA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This teacher brings up a very good point and one we as a society should address. It is true we don't know what is going on his or other teachers classrooms. Maybe it is time we install audio/video monitoring devices to ensure their protection from students and to ensure that we are getting what we are paying for from these highly trained educators in teaching the approved curriculum and not their indoctrination theories.
MallalieuAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

He sounds like the perfect example of why our schools are failing.

A MAJORITY of the teachers currently are not that smart like in the old days. Many choose the profession as an easy degree and get paid. I respect the ones who actually care about the kids and are actually smart.
tysker
AG
There is a clear distinction between those teachers who educate students and those that are trained in education
annie88
AG
Can can either show up to work or they can be fired. It's that simple. Enough of these whiny irrational people.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
WholesaleAg
Ghost91 said:

I get blasted every time I post this, but I firmly believe it - generally speaking, teachers have no idea what real work is, are lazy, and think that they are much more important than they really are.
I agree with two of your three points....my wife, who is a 5th grade teacher, is not lazy. She does not have an idea what real work is and also does think educators are more important than they really are.

As someone who has had to work throughout the pandemic, you can truly see what professions are "essential/nonessential" to our economy and structure. The "lazy" teachers are the ones who didn't try and find alternative work when schools were shut down and merely collected a tax-payer funded paycheck.

I can also look my wife in the eye and tell her this too....she doesn't take herself as seriously as this two-bit hack in the video.
thirdcoast
AG
The funny thing is these teachers think they are sticking it to the board by quitting. But with the increase in home schooling, they are doing the taxpayer a favor and no one is missing them.
jeffn
AG
Speaking as a school board member, he would not have a job the next day. No issue with the frustration but lack of respect and demeaning attitude is out of line in any occupation.
Rudybryan
No Spin Ag said:

titan said:

No Spin Ag said:

titan said:

The problem is apparently they are continuing to receive income?

This. The fact is the pandemic is done, and has been done for many months, going just off of the data of hospitalizations and deaths. He'll, even New York is going to fully open in a couple of months.

People like this are beyond selfish and, to me, are just looking for an excuse not to do their jobs the way they're intended to be done. Students deserve better teachers.
You shouldn't earn money for teaching if not teaching. But given their character, its actually a golden opportunity. They should all be "air traffic controllered - version 1981" and put to pasture and replaced.

I couldn't agree more, and if there's not that many of them that would be put to pasture, the kids wouldn't miss a thing.
They aren't teaching anyway - so the kids wouldn't miss out if 70% quit. Then we could get back to the basics - real math where 2 plus 2 equals 4.........cursive writing so are kids can read history documents and the like...and where you are graded on your performance not your age and if you don't pass you will be impaired. You study and receive a fair grade not a revolving curve so the school can look good. Time to return to reading, writing and arithmetic.........we need to teach history and civics so the kids understand our government and how it works preparing them for their highest privilege the freedom to vote. We need to put trade courses back in schools - not everyone needs a college education and don't anyone believe all degrees will give you success......teachers need to leave their politics at home....school use to where you went and debated both sides of a question openly and from that you formed your opinion - one sided is indoctrination not education. OK said my peace I'll shut up now...
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ironmanag said:

You do know there are alot of us lazy teachers that have been in the classroom since August and can't wait to go back to 100% normal.

It's funny how this board just blows past posts like these because they aren't convenient. The idiot in the video should be fired and schools should be back to normal now.
The_Fox
ironmanag said:

You do know there are alot of us lazy teachers that have been in the classroom since August and can't wait to go back to 100% normal.
Have you tried leading from the front?
torrid
AG
He has not one but TWO post-graduate degrees in education.
AeroAg1
AG
wyoag93 said:

He seems bitter. He has a bachelor's degree and two masters degrees...all to be a teacher? What a moron.

Be suspicious of anyone who flaunts their academic record. That's a great indicator that they can't see the forest through the trees.
When people tell you how educated they are it usually means they are a liberal dumbassess.
titan
S
Rudybryan said:

They aren't teaching anyway - so the kids wouldn't miss out if 70% quit. Then we could get back to the basics - real math where 2 plus 2 equals 4.........cursive writing so are kids can read history documents and the like...and where you are graded on your performance not your age and if you don't pass you will be impaired. You study and receive a fair grade not a revolving curve so the school can look good. Time to return to reading, writing and arithmetic.........we need to teach history and civics so the kids understand our government and how it works preparing them for their highest privilege the freedom to vote. We need to put trade courses back in schools - not everyone needs a college education and don't anyone believe all degrees will give you success......teachers need to leave their politics at home....school use to where you went and debated both sides of a question openly and from that you formed your opinion - one sided is indoctrination not education. OK said my peace I'll shut up now...
And what a piece of true wisdom. The Right should build schools like this yesterday and entirely abandon the public education system run by Dems.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
The_Fox said:

ironmanag said:

Do you mean the classroom? Should we complain at our school board that other districts outside our state aren't open?
TheMasterplan
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

The_Fox said:

ironmanag said:

Do you mean the classroom? Should we complain at our school board that other districts outside our state aren't open?
Well when the teachers outside of the state have massive pull and power over the federal government then yes.
Agsrback12
I like when I saw, or at least hope I saw, a board member clapping when he said he was taking his ball and going home.
Chuckwaggie
AG
Ghost91 said:

I get blasted every time I post this, but I firmly believe it - generally speaking, teachers have no idea what real work is, are lazy, and think that they are much more important than they really are.

WTF!!!!

I want to know more about what lazy you've seen...

I've done more work this year than I have in my previous 10 years teaching and I only have about 7 kids in-person and about 5 in on my zooms (*edit - wanted to say: on average in my 6 classes this year). I have hated this hybrid year and we'll be ecstatic with in-person next year.

I just can't stand dumbass general comments like the one above. I'm an Aggie with 2 degrees, one a BS in nutrition and the other is in education. I only pursued teaching due to my aggie girlfriend (now wife) was also a teacher and when we were talking family planning, wanted to be off at the same time so we can do stuff for our kids and be off at the same time - family time.

Both my wife and I views are conservative and I knew exactly what was coming down the shoot when we saw tons of kids just checkout when Covid hit last spring break. It was terrible and depressing just seeing kids not care and that was just over an 8 week period. It didn't get better with 9 months to do nothing. You want to ***** at lazy teachers; what about the lazy parents who lost the word accountability from their vocabulary. Content with their kids not turning in a single thing for a 9 weeks and allowing them to work a job during school hours. What about those engineers who are working from home who would take breaks playing video games; business guys who played record amounts of golf this year; my breaks were spent putting in grades and contacting parents so I wouldn't have to do it at 9 pm after coaching my children in soccer.

I spent 80% of the school year with the damn mask as my chin strap, talking to a computer and recording videos. When my kids had questions or actually asked me to come over to help them with something, I got excited because I could actually educate.

Just because one dumbass teacher was whining to the schoolboard doesn't make the whole occupation and all of us who have been busting our assess lazy. I also guarantee you the majority of teachers want it all in-person next year, but we have battle on our hands teaching students how to learn again, detach them from the phones (wtf parents, do y'all know how to say no?), and getting the parents back on our side when their kid messes up. I normally have about a 95% passing rate, with my students saying my class was one of the hardest they ever had; this year I'm going end up about 50% passing rate. This many kids aren't failing because I got lazy in a year.

ironmanag
AG
The_Fox said:

ironmanag said:

This makes no sense.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
TheMasterplan said:

The_Fox said:

ironmanag said:

Well when the teachers outside of the state have massive pull and power over the federal government then yes.

So I should go complain to my school board about other states being closed. Let's say I do something dumb like this, what exactly is the school board supposed to do?
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
wyoag93 said:

He seems bitter. He has a bachelor's degree and two masters degrees...all to be a teacher? What a moron.

Be suspicious of anyone who flaunts their academic record. That's a great indicator that they can't see the forest through the trees.

Would you like whipped cream on your venti mocha?
Spinnaker96
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Luckily the Biden welfare program pays better than a teacher's salary
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
TheMasterplan said:

The_Fox said:

ironmanag said:

So I should go complain to my school board about other states being closed. Let's say I do something dumb like this, what exactly is the school board supposed to do?
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
"I have lots of degrees" does not, in and of itself, mean one is qualified to make decisions about students.

Unfortunately, that usually just means they've been indoctrinated so much into liberal ideology, they're anything BUT qualified to make decisions about students.
Furious
AG
Chuckwaggie said:

Ghost91 said:

WTF!!!!
"Not all teachers..."

I get it. Perhaps most of these comments aren't directed at you? I have a son in elementary school and a daughter in high school at exemplary schools in one of the best school districts in Houston. My daughter uses Khan Academy to supplement her instruction b/c her teachers can't teach the material. She has straight As and shows me her assignments in Skyward. Many classes she's the only person who turns in work. At least half of her "pre-AP" class is failing math because they simply don't do anything. When covid hit and we went remote last Spring, my son was 1 of 4 kids who regularly attended class. This was 1st grade where all you had to do was get on Zoom for 2 hours each day.

Honestly it sounds like many parents, students, AND teachers are all failing. If you are one of the good ones, just let it go. FWIW, I asked my daughter who the last teacher she felt cared about teaching and that she learned a lot from was and she said her 5th grade math teacher.
Sully Dog
wyoag93 said:

This!

No one ever told these people that a degree is the minimum qualification to start a job. It's not something to be flaunted.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Sully Dog
alamoaggie64 said:

How do you know he is liberal?
If it quacks like a duck,...
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Fishing Fools
My HS History teacher was an All American linebacker at A$M. He cared more about winning on Friday night than my learning. Times haven't changed that much in 40 plus years.

Most teachers care about their students, they just tired of expecting to raise little Johnny and LaTasha.
Boo Weekley
I agree that this liberal maggot needs to be fired. But I think old fashioned American ass whoopings are how you really put power tripping betas like this back in their lane. It would do him some good. A couple of "concerned fathers" in masks need to track him down one night and simply beat his ass in the streets. It may or may not change him, but at the very least, it is just and he deserves it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.