Southwest Airlines threw family off plane because kid MIGHT take mask off

4,573 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The_Fox
TheHoneybadger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is insanity. Captain of SWA kicked a family off of a plane because their young son "might" remove his mask after the parents guarantee that it wouldn't be an issue. He didn't even remove the mask, but they were kicked off because the stupid captain thought he "might" remove his mask. This is beyond the Twilight Zone.

Viper16
AG

48 hour rule
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Prosperdick
AG
Viper16 said:

48 hour rule

Yup, this doesn't pass the smell test. And no Tom Herman, I'm not going to explain it to you.
backintexas2013
AG
Going to have to wait for the rest of the story
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
the mask nonsense has proven to me that there are very few actual adults in this world.

we've turned everything completely upside down with no regard to actual science or data.

i remember as a kid some dude telling me that 80% of the world are sheep. thought no way that seemed right. now i think he lowballed that by 12-15%.

i used to not get the simulation theory but now i wonder if there is any other explanation.

this is all so unbelievably ****ing stupid.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Good Lord.

Don't know where to start with this one.

But Mama Caroline definitely needs to get some sunshine.
HollywoodBQ
AG
ruddyduck said:

the mask nonsense has proven to me that there are very few actual adults in this world.

we've turned everything completely upside down with no regard to actual science or data.

i remember as a kid some dude telling me that 80% of the world are sheep. thought no way that seemed right. now i think he lowballed that by 12-15%.

i used to not get the simulation theory but now i wonder if there is any other explanation.

Agree, it's much higher than 80%.
LRHF
AG
They will learn a lesson about disclosing issues when you don't have to... STFU and deal with consequences if they happen. Insane how SWA is treating them
Dad
AG
If flew SWA a few months ago and had to be told to pick my mask up a few times but they never asked for my papers or anything so I didn't think it was a big deal. I was trying to follow protocol but it took nearly the whole flight for me to eat my snack and sip on water and then chew the ice.
doubledog
Quote:

If they threw people off for offensive body order, that I can respect.
Clob94
Prosperdick said:

Viper16 said:

48 hour rule

Yup, this doesn't pass the smell test. And no Tom Herman, I'm not going to explain it to you.
You don't have to. He's MENSA don't you know.......
waco_aggie05
AG
Still wood on the mom. Just saying.
Oak Tree
AG
ruddyduck said:

I totally agree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-says-wearing-a-mask-is-patriotic/ar-BB16YMxM

Quote:

Donald Trump tweeted an image of himself wearing a face covering on Tuesday, writing, "Many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!"
HollywoodBQ
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Did we watch the same video?
fixer
Why the eff are we still masking?
BCSWguru
Flew SWA yesterday. Nazis in full effect. Won't fly again until they quit it. So maybe never flying again.
BuddysBud
AG
Mask vs ADA.

If the story happened as reported, it looks like the pilot committed an ADA violation.

Will SWA no longer allow people in wheelchairs on the plane because they might inhibit an emergency evacuation? Actually, from a safety standpoint discrimination against persons in wheelchairs makes more sense than forcing people to wear masks.
titan
S

It will be morbidly interesting if all the airlines crash themselves if some billionaire ends up acquiring all the abandoned aircraft and starts a new one with very little of the silly rules, and even spreads the seats slightly to make them more comfortable. In short, an entrepreneur that learns from all the mistakes made.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BMX Bandit
BuddysBud said:

Mask vs ADA.

If the story happened as reported, it looks like the pilot committed an ADA violation.

Will SWA no longer allow people in wheelchairs on the plane because they might inhibit an emergency evacuation? Actually, from a safety standpoint discrimination against persons in wheelchairs makes more sense than forcing people to wear masks.

ADA does not apply to airlines.

The Air Carrier Access Act does. There's no private cause of action under the statute, so any "punishment" comes from the Feds.

Feds also say airlines must assess the situation and determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made.

Care to wager on whether the Feds will have any problem with this nonsense?
BMX Bandit
The reason the airlines enforce the masks so hard is because they risk getting fined by FAA if they don't.
titan
S

Probably would cost them less to absorb the fine and then take it to the SC.

FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BMX Bandit
They'd lose at Supreme Court. They airlines fall under their control.

As of now, it's not costing them much of anything. Airports getting busier and busier. Flight prices increasing.
BigRobSA
fixer said:

Why the eff are we still masking?

I blame public schools.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Garrelli 5000
AG
My wife went to Target today. I told her not to bother w/a mask. If anyone tells her to put one on say "I identify as masked. That's how it works for the bathrooms, correct?"

It is suck an f'ing charade. Any store you walk in requiring employees to wear masks you can easily see 25 - 50% w/the mask hanging below their nose, or they pull down when talking on the phone/too each other, etc.

I'm still waiting for the crazy death spike from TX opening up.
Take the trash out staff.
itsyourboypookie
waco_aggie05 said:

You need glasses
LostInLA07
AG
One big corp will end up paying a huge settlement and all of this will stop. The attorneys are already fishing for it.
blacksox
Quote:

Narrator: It didn't . . . .
BMX Bandit
LostInLA07 said:

One big corp will end up paying a huge settlement and all of this will stop. The attorneys are already fishing for it.

As said above, you can't sue for violations of Air Carrier Access Act

redcrayon
AG
I don't understand why she called them ahead of time if she was sure they could help him keep his mask on. Don't call attention to yourself.

That said, the mask policy is stupid anyway because you take it off to eat and drink.
waco_aggie05
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

waco_aggie05 said:

You need glasses

Didnt say she was hot. Just said wood.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
redcrayon said:

I don't understand why she called them ahead of time if she was sure they could help him keep his mask on. Don't call attention to yourself.

That said, the mask policy is stupid anyway because you take it off to eat and drink.

Everyone knows you can't get Corona while eating and drinking. Follow the science.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
doubledog said:

Quote:

If they threw people off for offensive body order, that I can respect.

If they threw people off for that then it would be us Americans (except the Austin bongo master) just flying around in circles over the US, Canada and a select few Asian countries. You smelled these nasty bastages from your average third world country...and Europe?
titan
S

Her biggest mistake was all the calling in with advance notice, etc. Just board and once airborne its a fait accompli. Besides, there is almost ZERO risk from a kid for covid. The asymptomatic claim is the most bogus of all.

In a control-freak century, never ask in advance. Too many imbeciles like saying No just to say it. That captain was one.

FrioAg 00:
aggielostinETX
AG
Oak Tree said:

ruddyduck said:

I totally agree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-says-wearing-a-mask-is-patriotic/ar-BB16YMxM

Quote:

Donald Trump tweeted an image of himself wearing a face covering on Tuesday, writing, "Many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!"

1 year ago when science was believable
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

itsyourboypookie said:

waco_aggie05 said:

You need glasses

Didnt say she was hot. Just said wood.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.