Was there a stand down order at the Capitol on Jan 6th?

2,543 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sully Dog
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently so.

Quote:

On Thursday, the Inspector General for the Capitol Police provided testimony that corroborates the contents of a 104-page report on the police's role in the January 6th riot in Washington D.C. But there was a critical piece of information missing: Who gave the order.

"An order to hold back heavy riot-control weapons left Capitol Police at a grave disadvantage as front-line officers, vastly outnumbered, fought to protect Congress from a violent mob Jan. 6," the Washington Post reported.

"Inspector General Michael Bolton told the House Administration Committee that a deputy assistant chief of police instructed officers not to use the weapons including stingballs and 40mm launchers out of concern that 'they could potentially cause life-altering injury and/or death, if they were misused in any way'," the Post said.
Quote:

"Bolton did not identify the chief, but he said that had officers employed such measures, 'it certainly would have helped us that day to enhance our ability to protect the Capitol'," the report continued.

The New York Times also reported on the development, identifying the official's position as an "assistant chief."
As in the currently Acting Chief of the Capitol Hill Police? Pittman?

But wait, it gets worse.

Quote:

"While he did not name the official who gave the order, Mr. Bolton said an assistant chief had told officers not to use weapons such as sting balls and stun grenades that are commonly used to disperse crowds because the official was concerned they did not know how to use them properly," the Times reported.
Say what again?? Incredible.

Quote:

"Although am glad we are having this hearing, I think we've skipped a step," Rep. Davis said in his opening statement. "This committee has not heard from anyone involved in the decision-making process surrounding January 6th. Our members have not been able to question, under oath, any former or current leaders within the U.S. Capitol Police or House Sergeant at Arms. This is critical to our oversight of these entities."
Link
Ags4DaWin
And yet the CM's on here have repeatedly scoffed at the assertion that the Jan 6th capital incident was completely orchestrated to drive a narrative.

waiting for them to drive by and say something to dispute this.
waitwhat?
Our leftist friends will be telling us this was done by Trump to support the "insurrection" in 3...

" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
aggiehawg
AG
waitwhat? said:

Our leftist friends will be telling us this was done by Trump to support the "insurrection" in 3...

Only Trump has no control over the Capitol Hill Police. The Sergeant's at Arms of the House and Senate do.
waitwhat?
aggiehawg said:

waitwhat? said:

Only Trump has no control over the Capitol Hill Police. The Sergeant's at Arms of the House and Senate do.
Oh I know. I just expected the concerned moderates to try blaming Trump. Apparently they're taking the day off...
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
aggiehawg
AG
waitwhat? said:

aggiehawg said:

waitwhat? said:

Oh I know. I just expected the concerned moderates to try blaming Trump. Apparently they're taking the day off...
I did some considerable head bashing yesterday on the Chauvin trial thread.
richardag
We will never learn who gave the orders to virtually stand down, just like we will never learn who gave the orders to the capital police to swing back the barricades at the top of the steps allowing demonstrators into the capital.
UTExan
aggiehawg said:

waitwhat? said:

Both of whom immediately resigned in the aftermath of this debacle. Almost on cue.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Glenlivet
AG
OMG...they could have gotten aoc killed!!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Worst Insurrection Ever!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And very interestingly here, CBS's investigative reporter is none other than former Fox News correspondent Catherine Herridge, who is freakin' good, and I'll bet she got a hefty pay raise to take the job at CBS; and, from what I've heard, Fox News already pays its reporters handsomely, so good for her for making bank AND still being able to report honestly on this blockbuster cluster of a situation (and CBS should be lauded for that).

My long headline above pretty much includes all the relevant points I might expand on in the post here, but I just have to note that if anyone looks bad --- and all the relevant official parties in D.C. and in the federal government look bad, except for former President Trump, who indeed requested a full deployment to the Capitol building, as a "preemptive" measure to guarantee security there, so I can't see how anyone in the leftist media can still blame him (but they will) --- it's Mayor Bowser; but of course all of the "M.S.M." ghouls will certainly find a way to praise her, so just *****'em, as they're the biggest ******* lying media hacks anywhere, even worse than those in the official state media of Communist China or the evil propagandists for Vladmir Putin's extremely repressive regime in Moscow, now basically murdering dissident Alex Navalny by imprisoning him and denying him healthcare, after he came down with some mysterious new and suspicious COVID-like symptoms; but don't worry, the Biden administration will indeed find a way to beat out these two murderously un-democratic monster regimes, and that really is really something, when you think about it.

Link
BigRobSA
Why are we having a singer investigating a lethal, military style insurrection that almost got one of the greatest bartender-to-Congress storylines ended in a gory, bloody ending?!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
smucket
AG
There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys
Sid Farkas
AG
I'm a huge advocate of peaceful civil disobedience. think Gandhi and Greensboro lunch counter sit-ins...

But rioters and looters should be shot on sight
Maroon Dawn
AG
Disappointed

Expected at least one CM to show up and tell us that if you don't believe that a cosplay buffalo shaman was inches away from overthrowing the US government with flag and selfie stick, then you're a racist bigot because CNN said so
AW 1880
AG
I admit it, I'm a Michael Bolton fan! I celebrate the guy's entire collection! For my money it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman!"
aggiehawg
AG
AW 1880 said:

I admit it, I'm a Michael Bolton fan! I celebrate the guy's entire collection! For my money it doesn't get any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman!"
Heresy. Percy Sledge,

BigRobSA
aggiehawg said:

AW 1880 said:

Heresy. Percy Sledge,

Who is that hack, covering a Bolton original!?

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
aggiehawg
aggiehawg
AG
In the 80s I was in a record store (foreign concept for some youngsters here) and I heard some preteens say amazedly, "I never knew Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings."

I was in my early 20s but felt old.
BigRobSA
aggiehawg said:

In the 80s I was in a record store (foreign concept for some youngsters here) and I heard some preteens say amazedly, "I never knew Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings."

I was in my early 20s but felt old.

The start of the demise of 'Merica. I was anywhere from a 9 yr old to 18 in "the 80s".
gbaby23
AG
The start? Might want to crack open a few history books because we have been going down far longer than that.
Tanya 93
AW 1880 said:

Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks!
BQ78
AG
I liked Michael Bolton in Office Space even though he screwed up the penny program software edit.
Sully Dog
Quote:

"While he did not name the official who gave the order, Mr. Bolton said an assistant chief had told officers not to use weapons such as sting balls and stun grenades that are commonly used to disperse crowds because the official was concerned they did not know how to use them properly," the Times reported.
So they just give this equipment to capital police and don't train them? They didn't know how to use riot equipment even though they just spent an entire summer putting down riots post George Floyd? I call bull*****
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
aggiehawg
AG
Sully Dog said:

Quote:

So they just give this equipment to capital police and don't train them? They didn't know how to use riot equipment even though they just spent an entire summer putting down riots post George Floyd? I call bull*****
Me too but it is DC. Wouldn't be surprised if the money for the training and equipment was "diverted" to some BS social justice program.
mazag08
AG
aggiehawg said:

waitwhat? said:

aggiehawg said:

waitwhat? said:

I did some considerable head bashing yesterday on the Chauvin trial thread.
They're all over on the entertainment board. Lucky for them, staff deleted their comments where they insulted you and called you names on the Q documentary thread.
Sully Dog
aggiehawg said:

Sully Dog said:

Quote:

Me too but it is DC. Wouldn't be surprised if the money for the training and equipment was "diverted" to some BS social justice program.
You are a nicer person than I am
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.