Comifornia banning small gas engines

4,194 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FattyDelights
itsyourboypookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'Emissions free' because electricity is emissions free

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/bill-that-would-ban-sales-of-new-small-gas-powered-engine-machines-introduced-in-assembly/?fbclid=IwAR2jWMemlm5lqrbfQme6iGqycm2fvPMoKXK0J3Y9h1TeA6bAMgDNO23G1Qw
beerad12man
AG
These people are idiots. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, nor will any prices go up when supply of something goes down....
Maroon Dawn
AG
Gotta spread the Cali infection to all the Western US states by forcing the virus particles into new host areas
Burrus86
AG
California's new lawn trimmers and edgers...
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Burrus86 said:

California's new lawn trimmers and edgers...

Those are likely far from being emission free.
PLUM LOCO
AG
They already cannot provide electricity to its citizens now.

Have everything run on electricity and watch their economy crash.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Start buying and refueling a **** ton of blowers edgers and lawn mowers from Texas and drive them to Cali for sale
MouthBQ98
AG
Lawn care types will have to buy craploads of batteries and find some way to charge them all every night.
AgNav93
AG
Is their goal to make that place unlivable? If so, bravo. Good job. It seems every week they try to top themselves in stupidity.
Texas Yarddog
AG
The beginning of the 2 cycle black market...
one MEEN Ag
AG
Dumb. Even if it did take affect, you couldn't stop people from just buying it in surrounding states and bringing them in. All you've done is lose revenue and then replace it with a cost if you're going to credit those impacted.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
So Generators also?
I hope their Redwoods die of starvation of CO2.
sleepybeagle
AG
Don't batteries waste about 30% of the electrify when charged into heat?
administrative errors
AgNav93 said:

Is their goal to make that place unlivable? If so, bravo. Good job. It seems every week they try to top themselves in stupidity.
it is. They are actively reducing their population for the upcoming AI/robotics/mass unemployment ers we are blazing towards.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Slippery Slope Activist Crap.

First outlaw the sale. Then use that fact to support raising fuel prices. Require 'fuel credits' to redistribute funds. Pretend that money is going into tax credits for using electric motors when it's actually going to you and your buddies. Then progress into outlawing gas motors without buying a 'gas exemption' and registering the engines.

Dems will cheer each step, ignorant that they are celebrating the loss of their own God given rights.
Sid Farkas
AG
They tried this a few years ago but backed off when powerful interests (ie left-wing latino activists) fought against it in representation of latin american landscapers who wouldve been impacted

it'll be interesting to see if it works this time

tbh, the most annoying sound in the world by far is emitted by gas powered leaf blowers
Pro Sandy
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Don't batteries waste about 30% of the electrify in the into heat?
A two-stroke engine only converts about 20% of its chemical energy into mechanical energy, so that may not be the best place to compare the two.
titan
S

Its got to be the largest Marxian govt in the Americas now.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ag_SGT
AG
No way this will back fire during a forest fire. I'm sure those batteries will keep those chainsaws going when they are trying to create firebreaks
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
IslanderAg04
Ever done your yard using renewables? Expensive and it sucks. Dumbest decision ive ever made.
AGHouston11
AG
I always thought it was funny the people passing the laws in that state live in multiple huge homes, huge yards, and have a dozen cars. The carbon footprint of one of these clowns is tremendous.

Cut emissions in CA by limiting to one house, less than 4,000 square feet, limit the lot size, and 1 car per person.

Once they do this then I'll believe they really believe what they say.
torrid
AG
They can take my lawnmower from my cold dead hand.
rebag00
AG
torrid said:

They can take my lawnmower from my cold dead hand.
When do you think was the last time Gavin Newsom mowed his own lawn? These ****ing people don't give a **** about the landscapers and middle class who will bear the brunt of these laws. "Let them eat cake."
91AggieLawyer
AG
When I started mowing yards for money as a kid, I had to use our manual rolling stick edger. My dad had a 4 cycle power edger but he wouldn't let me use it (open blade), plus, I had to push the mower and tools to where ever I was going, sometimes a long way away. Anyway, it didn't do a bad job of edging but it took forever and I usually had to go over edges 2 or 3 times to get them "clean."

The yard crews can use these and just charge more!
My Name Is Judge
It's all a money grab...

This crazy global warming hoax has made theft legal...

They can't help themselves
Maroon Dawn
AG
AgNav93 said:

The goal seems to be to drive out everyone but the super rich and their servants and they're doing a pretty good job
Matt Hooper
AG
Liberals have so much confidence in their positions that they must eliminate alternative options via law or regulation rather than letting people choose.
Keegan99
AG
Good news for stores selling landscaping equipment just across the state line!
MouthBQ98
AG
Pro Sandy said:

sleepybeagle said:

Don't batteries waste about 30% of the electrify in the into heat?
A two-stroke engine only converts about 20% of its chemical energy into mechanical energy, so that may not be the best place to compare the two.

True, but gasoline is much more energy dense than lithium ion batteries.

One plus, it will be much quieter if they're using all electric doing yard work, but there's going to be a massive shortage of batteries.
bmks270
AG
Sid Farkas said:

They tried this a few years ago but backed off when powerful interests (ie left-wing latino activists) fought against it in representation of latin american landscapers who wouldve been impacted

tbh, the most annoying sound in the world by far is emitted by gas powered leaf blowers

In crony capitalism special exceptions will be carved out for the highest paying lobbyist. And then everyone else, and potential business competition, will be screwed.

They might simply require a special license and fee to make sure dangerous ICE technology is regulated.
oneeyedag
WTF?

Quote:

Today, operating the best-selling gas-powered commercial leaf blower for one hour emits air pollutants comparable to driving a 2017 Toyota Camry from Los Angeles to Denver
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Obligatory come and take it. Those asshats cannot even keep homeless from taking a dump on a sidewalk. You really think they can organize a way to confiscate millions of said engines.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Some enterprising individual that already owns a gun store on the state line is going to expand and open a stihl/echo dealership in their shop.

Going to be real hard to manage forests and wildfires with electric chainsaws.

BigRobSA
This reminds me of the idiocy lefties always foist upon the populace that ends up gaping the system even more.

In WI, IIRC, they made it a law that stoplights had to be converted into LED lights. Well, guess what, LED lights don't make heat, so....when it's -eleventy in the winter, the streetlights ice over because....dun dun DUN!!!!!!!.....the LEDs don't create the heat that incandescents do. Dumbasses.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Sensei John Kreese
Sid Farkas said:

You ever heard a woman from Long Island talk?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.