Our allies are on their own

3,876 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tomdoss92
APHIS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our allies already know that the world has now become a more dangerous place since Biden has been elected.

As much as they disliked Trump, they knew that they can rely on Trump to help keep order in the world and he did.

Now comes Biden and within a very short time, our allies know that he is a weak President and has been compromised.

Great Britain, in a first ever report, threatened China with nuclear weapons if they moved on Taiwan. When has this ever happened?

We have lost credibility among our allies and have encouraged our enemies.

And it is about to get worse.
oldcrow91
AG
I agree with your sentiment but Trump told these countries to start pulling their own weight as they should have.
APHIS AG
oldcrow91 said:

I agree with your sentiment but Trump told these countries to start pulling their own weight as they should have.
And now, they will be pulling a lot more.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Yeah, our "allies" have not been allies to the common working class American people. They helped make the bed, now they get to sleep in it.
Cassius
I've never heard anything like that from an ally. It's quite shocking actually.

Its kind of funny. Thermonuclear war might happen because the libs voted for a braindead Marxist they thought was tough. Lol
eric76
AG
Has it ever been US policy to defend Taiwan from China by the use of nuclear weapons?
Matt_ag98
eric76 said:

Has it ever been US policy to defend Taiwan from China by the use of nuclear weapons?

Haven't seen the official policy but I'm gonna say no
Matt_ag98
oldcrow91 said:

Amen, the taxpayers don't need us to keep being Team America World Police "saving" all conflicts...see who Trump got to step in for Azerbaijan and Armenia? Yeah Russia, for the peacekeeping force, as it is in thier backyard, don't worry I am sure we will be in all sorts of random countries soon
Proper Twelve
Yeah OP I appreciate your sentiment but the United States has so many internal domestic problems at the moment that the well being of "our allies" is very low on my list of things I'm concerned about
Buck Turgidson
Don't confuse Biden for an isolationist. He probably wouldn't fight China because they own him and his drug addled POS son. He is highly likely, however, to get us in wars against smaller nations where there is a profit motive (like Syria).
Oak Tree
AG
American allies are now China, Russia, and Iran.
Shoefly!
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Yeah OP I appreciate your sentiment but the United States has so many internal domestic problems at the moment that the well being of "our allies" is very low on my list of things I'm concerned about

I cannot blue star this enough.
12thMan9
AG
What exactly is the profit motive in Syria?
Ronnie '88
Proper Twelve
APHIS AG said:

Our allies already know that the world has now become a more dangerous place since Biden has been elected.

As much as they disliked Trump, they knew that they can rely on Trump to help keep order in the world and he did.

Now comes Biden and within a very short time, our allies know that he is a weak President and has been compromised.

Great Britain, in a first ever report, threatened China with nuclear weapons if they moved on Taiwan. When has this ever happened?

I'm not even sure the point you are trying to make regarding Great Britain. If they want to do nuclear war with China to defend Taiwan, then I would hope the United States makes it clear that they are absolutely own their own.
Gap
AG
12thMan9 said:

The same profit motive in US business his family has in Ukraine, China, etc.

A significant percentage of all foreign spending comes back to family members of certain US politicians.

Hunter Biden was in business with John Kerry's son or stepson, These family members aren't intelligent risk-taking business people. It appears that they sell you a piece of US government funding as long as they are there to take a kick-back.
Gap
AG
Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

I'm not even sure the point you are trying to make regarding Great Britain. If they want to do nuclear war with China to defend Taiwan, then I would hope the United States makes it clear that they are absolutely own their own.
FYI - The United States has promised to do whatever it takes to help Taiwan defend herself. They are under our umbrella. An attack on Taiwan by China begins WWIII.
Proper Twelve
Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

FYI - The United States has promised to do whatever it takes to help Taiwan defend herself. They are under our umbrella. An attack on Taiwan by China begins WWIII.

I would certainly hope whatever the United States promised Taiwan is in no way legally binding. I'm sorry, I'm absolutely not willing to do WW3 to defend Taiwan. I can't imagine why anyone would support that
Gap
AG
I mean Hitler and Germany must have had a legitimate claim on Czechoslovakia, Austria, Poland, Denmark, and the Rhineland too.
Proper Twelve
Gap said:

I mean Hitler and Germany must have had a legitimate claim on Czechoslovakia, Austria, Poland, Denmark, and the Rhineland too.

Well that was quick. Very bad comparison, mainly because the US wasn't doing world police back then and the internal geographical disputes between european countries literally had nothin to do with the United States. Oh wait, kinda like the internal geographical disputes of Asian countries today. Were you trying to make my point for me?
30wedge
APHIS AG said:

While I am sure our enemies see our weakness, I am ok with Great Britain taking the lead in going after China.
30wedge
Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

I would certainly hope whatever the United States promised Taiwan is in no way legally binding. I'm sorry, I'm absolutely not willing to do WW3 to defend Taiwan. I can't imagine why anyone would support that
Yeah I can't say Taiwan would be worth WWIII to me.
Proper Twelve
30wedge said:

Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

Yeah I can't say Taiwan would be worth WWIII to me.

Absolutely not. I don't know why any sane American could think it would be
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Link?
Gap
AG
Czechoslovakia and Poland weren't worth going to war over either.

The US definitely didn't want to do world police in the 1930's and early 1940s. Neither did the UK and Neville Chamberlain. Heck, Stalin and the USSR had a non-aggression pact with Germany too. Trust us the Germans said, we are just taking Poland. This non-aggression agreement with you Soviets is our word.

Are you familiar with how the story ends and which countries got involved and the price humanity across the world paid to not be under Nazi and Axis domination that was initially enabled by the weakness shown when the Germans were just taking Czechoslovakia and Poland?
Proper Twelve
Gap said:

The US definitely didn't want to do world police in the 1930's and early 1940s. Neither did the UK and Neville Chamberlain. Heck, Stalin and the USSR had a non-aggression pact with Germany too. Trust us the Germans said, we are just taking Poland. This non-aggression agreement with you Soviets is our word.

Are you familiar with how the story ends and which countries got involved and the price humanity across the world paid to not be under Nazi and Axis domination that was initially enabled by the weakness shown when the Germans were just taking Czechoslovakia and Poland?

Sorry I'm not going to let you derail this into WW2 talk. I'm perfectly happy to continue discussing why we shouldn't do WW3 to defend Taiwan. If you're done with that discussion, I guess we are done
Always_Right
AG
Im not understanding the importance of defending Taiwan from China, should China defend Cuba if we took it over? Hopefully someone who has a better grasp of history and world politics can explain why Taiwan is so important.
Gap
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Sorry I'm not going to let you derail this into WW2 talk. I'm perfectly happy to continue discussing why we shouldn't do WW3 to defend Taiwan. If you're done with that discussion, I guess we are done
You aren't going to let me? Hilarious.

It is the obvious historical example of why you don't appease.

If you disagree, you are free to make your argument. Welcome to the real world. If you need a safe space, this might not be the place for you. Adult discussion is allowed here.
Proper Twelve
Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

You aren't going to let me? Hilarious.

It is the obvious historical example of why you don't appease.

If you disagree, you are free to make your argument. Welcome to the real world. If you need a safe space, this might not be the place for you. Adult discussion is allowed here.

You are trying to equate 2 absolutely incomparable situations. It is just bad arguing. Let me remind you about your "we must not appease" argument. We only got involved in WW2 with direct force after being straight up attacked....not by Germany but Japan. How can you compare that situation to the current one, where we are going all over the planet and threatening (and invading) countries for the ostensible purpose of "spreading democracy".

Again, it's a bad comparison and one that makes absolutely no sense if you have any idea of what you are talking about.
Buck Turgidson
12thMan9 said:

Glad you asked. First, there is a pipeline to be built from Qatar to Europe that Syria is blocking. This would supply natural gas to Europe and undercut the Russians, who are naturally then aligned with Syria. Complicating things further, Iran would like to build a pipeline to Europe, and we can't have that.

Second, there are large suspected oil deposits in Israeli occupied Syria that a company called Genie Energy want to exploit. Israel has sold drilling rights to Genie Energy and the board of Genie is a who's who of American swamp rats.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

Unfortunately we have already marked that line in the sand. And I really mean unfortunate. You abandon that "promise" and it would effectively be the new bad boy making the old bad boy flinch in the schoolyard. Some Countries who might have stood up to China, knowing we were in their corner, would likely quickly align themselves to the new reality of unmitigated Chinese expansionism. China would be emboldened and it would blow your mind to see how fast and far they push the line. What's the Chinese translation for blitzkrieg?

Then, you would have the pleasure of fighting WW3 vs less geographically hemmed in China.

Edit to add: We are in no position to tangle with China right now. Too divided and our military too unfocused. Half of the country right now is quickly getting to the point that they will not be willing to die for the other half.
Proper Twelve
Ernest Tucker said:

Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

Unfortunately we have already marked that line in the sand. And I really mean unfortunate. You abandon that "promise" and it would effectively be the new bad boy making the old bad boy flinch in the schoolyard. China would be emboldened and it would blow your mind to see how fast and far they push the line. What's to Chinese translation for blitzkrieg?

Then, you would have the pleasure of fighting WW3 vs less geographically hemmed in China.

Yea, your speculation that China is gonna invade the world unless we stop them is just media war propaganda. Internal geographical disputes between Asian countries is no business of the United States and definitely not worth doing a world war over.
CowtownEng
Proper Twelve said:

Ernest Tucker said:

Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

Unfortunately we have already marked that line in the sand. And I really mean unfortunate. You abandon that "promise" and it would effectively be the new bad boy making the old bad boy flinch in the schoolyard. China would be emboldened and it would blow your mind to see how fast and far they push the line. What's to Chinese translation for blitzkrieg?

Yea, your speculation that China is gonna invade the world unless we stop them is just media war propaganda. Internal geographical disputes between Asian countries is no business of the United States and definitely not worth doing a world war over.

Is your last name Chamberlain?
azul_rain
Germany can eff off
TAMU1990
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

Proper Twelve said:

Gap said:

Proper Twelve said:

APHIS AG said:

Unfortunately we have already marked that line in the sand. And I really mean unfortunate. You abandon that "promise" and it would effectively be the new bad boy making the old bad boy flinch in the schoolyard. Some Countries who might have stood up to China, knowing we were in their corner, would likely quickly align themselves to the new reality of unmitigated Chinese expansionism. China would be emboldened and it would blow your mind to see how fast and far they push the line. What's the Chinese translation for blitzkrieg?

Edit to add: We are in no position to tangle with China right now. Too divided and our military too unfocused. Half of the country right now is quickly getting to the point that they will not be willing to die for the other half.
No kidding - those progressive liberal soy boys wouldn't last 30 seconds. And no way in hell would I want my sons protecting that trash.
Tomdoss92
AG
Proper Twelve said:

You are trying to equate 2 absolutely incomparable situations. It is just bad arguing. Let me remind you about your "we must not appease" argument. We only got involved in WW2 with direct force after being straight up attacked....not by Germany but Japan. How can you compare that situation to the current one, where we are going all over the planet and threatening (and invading) countries for the ostensible purpose of "spreading democracy".

Again, it's a bad comparison and one that makes absolutely no sense if you have any idea of what you are talking about.
No it isn't!!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.